bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Nebraska - 3rd free Redbox rental via e-mail this year
Grand Budapest Hotel
The Devil Within Her

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Hercules Unchained

It was the MST3K version. Funny enough, they make the same "call IXII" joke that's in Disney's Hercules. And this episode was made 5 years before.

MacRVA
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier Very Happy Very intense, and a completely different vibe than first movie and all the other Marvel films. Definitely a change in tone that will probably last for a while. I came home and immediately watchced Agents of Shield, which tied directly in this week. You could actually edit today's Shield episode into the movie as a subplot, sans some redundant expository.

I LOVED the new Captain America. I don't watch Agents of Shield though.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

LOTR trilogy, for the first time (had a sick day). Now I can successfully use the internet (or reddit, at least) again.
gundamit
Golly, Poster

I'm not an action movie kind of guy so I was bored by some parts of the new Captain America movie. I enjoyed the post 9/11, Patriot Act, NSA themes explored through a comic book lens POV. But after a while I was thinking "okay I get it Neocons = Hydra(nazis on gamma rays)" when are we going to see Cap have a "dat ass" epiphany with Black Widow? Never happened. Cap actually had more chemistry with Bucky. Laughing Whatever, I'm looking forward to the next Avengers movie anyway. Might even have to go see Guardian of the Galaxy movie since it ties in with Avengers. Hopefully the movie is better than the trailer which only seemed to have the music going for it.
Vintage Newbie

Capt. Is in line for another love interest; the biggest in his continuity, and theirr casting choice was stupid/ brilliant. I hope things are good with Renner, there was supposed to be a larger arch with hawkeye & black widow this whole time.

RED 2 Smile actors enjoying acting.

2 Guns Very Happy It is what is, and if you can dig what it is, it is good.

Fast 6 - Cool & Crying or Very sad Picked it up because I knew my mom would like to see it. I'm glad at this point in life I can go visit and watch an action movie or Sci-fi movie with her, occasionally a heady suspense film and she'll like it. Meanwhile, if I go visit my Dad there's none of that if a movie is watched. Petty as it sounds, it totally explains why they got divorced when I was a kid. Razz

I was never a big fan of the movies, but the relaunch with Vin Diesel after his departure as something I was curious about. Fast 6 was the first of these movies I ever watched, then Fast & Furious. As far as Fast 6, viewing Paul Walker, and the way his character was probably the most human and empathetic thing in the film... was just tough to watch, particularly with all the fantastical survival of wrecks and implausible escapes. It just magnifies the irony and gravity of the tragedy even more.

Celebration Day - Very Happy not without flaws, but Zeppelin closed the door on their legacy properly. Even diminished by time and trials, they were inspiring.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9596 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Olympus Has Fallen
The Internship
Summer With Monika
The Wild Bunch - with the DVR cutting off the last 10 mins! It's coming on again, so hopefully I get the rest next time.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Justice League: War - Smile well done. I take it this is the new 52 version. Almost but not quite as good as Flashpoint.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Grand Budapest Hotel. SO good; a total redemption from the last Anderson movie I saw, which was Darjeeling Limited (not a terrible flick, but far from his best work, imo).

The Wind that Shakes the Barley. One of my favorites. Finally had a chance to see it with my husband though, who had some qualms with it that I definitely don't. Smile

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Super Mario Bros.

Yeah, it's that god-awful live-action film they made in the early '90s. Such a terrible movie with literally no resemblance to the actual games. I watched the Rifftrax version, so it was at least entertaining.

One has to wonder how this film got made. Was Nintendo just not paying attention to the production at all? How this even made it past the screenplay stage baffles me.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

ET
Shock Corridor
The Wild Bunch
Christine
Star Wars
A Hatchet for the Honeymoon
Darkman
The Frighteners
Inside Llewyn Davis
Stakeout
The Baby
Pennies From Heaven

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Sound City Smile Not what I expected somehow. Less music was feature and more storytelling, which is great, but at a certain point it starts to feel obligatory because as it goes on the tone doesn't match the gravity of the circumstances quite right cinematically. That's easy to understand because the point of the movie is basically "look what we can do now!" rather than, "look what they did." Enjoyed it, but much like every Foo Fighters album since the Color and Shape, I don't know if I will ever revisit it. Maybe it's just Group fatigue at this point? Seeing him do all these things other than fronting the Foos, which is where I have been the happiest to see him for the last 18 years, far longer than his tenure in Nirvana, sad as that is.

Kick-as 2 - Very Happy guilty pleasures like this are a infrequent indulgence.

Ender's Game - Very Happy I telegraphed a few things but it was still well done as it was.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Godzilla (2014)
Galaxy of Terror
Forbidden World

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

X-Men: Days of the Future Past Smile For those doing movies involving Time Travel, there ought to be a continuity consultant on set, the writer's room, and in the editing booth with the explicit task of making sure are no logical or chronological errors in how evens in the story unfold and connect within the film or the context of the franchise if said film is meant to be a part of it. In that department I give this film a C+ rating.

norad
Vintage Newbie

Captain America

I know I wasn't paying much attention but I have no clue what the plot was. I just know Bucky.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>