Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

HAHAHA! Laughing

The plot: Grown men whisper in each other's ears a lot. Captain America kicks butt with a little help from his friends; plus a Marvel Mandatory scene with sweaty pecks and abs for anyone in the market for beefcake.

Spoiler sorta: it was fun y that they had actors from all the major networks previous season in the movie, well, except Fox that I know of.

Norad I have a feeling you will enjoy Kickass 2.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9596 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
norad
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Spoiler sorta: it was fun y that they had actors from all the major networks previous season in the movie, well, except Fox that I know of.

Who?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Spoilers in Tiny Font:

Community (NBC): Abed - Danny Pudi - Shield Analyst
Revenge (ABC): Emily/ Amanda - Emily Van Pelt - The Nurse next door to Capt. America
How I Met Your Mother(CBS): Robin - Cobie Smothers - Shield Agent Maria Hill

So these are all major stars of their shows, and even though Cobie Smothers was in previous Marvel movies she still counts in my book. Except her, the other two were perfectly type cast in their roles so that they were playing the same type of character they do one their shows. It made me smile Mr. Green - style when I saw the movie.

I have been planning on watching Fruitvale Station, but I can't muster the heart to.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
norad
Vintage Newbie

Whoa on the spoilers. I never said I saw the new movie.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Oh $#@!! Shocked

My bad Embarassed

They're both called Capt. America but with different subtitles ( the First Avenger and The Winter Soldier). My fault. Glad I didn't say too much/ nothing that isn't on the cast page for imdb.

That explains why you didn't pay much attention. The Winter Soldier has a much more exciting pace and plot that will keep you watching.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Scarface
Absolute Beginners
Filmmaker
MST3K: Village of the Giants
The Rain People
Hudson Hawk

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Sample This - Smile a documentary about the people who recorded the song Apache which is one of the most sampled drum breaks in R & B and generally a well loved party jam. Narrated by Gene Simmons, who may have a dryer monotone than Ben Stein.

johnip
Vintage Newbie

Mars Attacks. So bad. Laughing
Vintage Newbie

The Avengers

We watched for Chris Evans.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

You've got the hots for the Human Torch. Seems appropriate. Gets harder and harder to seem him as Johnny Storm as he bulks up, but he still looks too "male model/ modern" when I think of him as Captain America. If they redid Zoolander with Ian Somerhalder as Zoolander and Chris Evans as Hansel it would be a perfect fit as far as archetypical modern male model looks. Chris Evan's face is svelte and I've always seen Cap depicted as sort of an "apple-headed" guy aka a big round head. Not quite Conan O'Brien, but more along the lines of Marc Blucas. Plus I mean Riley Finn WAS Captain America.

More recently, Christopher Egan as David in Kings gave the perfect performance of how I would have liked to seen Captain America portrayed. Also, though it took liberties that show got really good midway through. Great acting across the board. Ironically Bucky was on that show and I didn't even realize it because he looks less waifish now.

Speaking of Waifish:

Gimme Shelter - Crying or Very sad The first time I saw any of this I came in on the final scene of Mick looking at the incident that effectively killed the sixties Flower Power era. I never went back to watch the rest until last night. It was riveting and painful to watch such anarchy and insanity play out, knowing how it would end. Hard to argue with their resume as a band, few others can play all their Hit songs at that point and have each sound so different but always like The Stones and flow so well together and stir people up.

My knowledge of Altamonte had a direct influence on my ambivalence towards the Stones, my general unease with Biker Culture, and the responsibilities that come with public performance, especially large scale. The level of greed and irresponsibility by promoters create so many of these sketchy situations it's hard to argue that these artists hadn't sold their souls to the devil when they signed their management and recording contracts.

Fruitvale Station Crying or Very sad reality of the situation is the ugliest side of America, one that is under reported.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Mars Attacks!
Pacific Rim
MST3K: The Deadly Mantis
Border Radio
The Hunger

why yes i'm a depphead
Laughing Citizen

Peter Pan... the version with Jason Isaacs. I'm not sure why. But it was a wonderful trip.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Through Boredom I ended up watching Major League on netflix last night.

Not as funny as I remember.
but man, Renee Russo still does it for me.
That girl is gorgeous!

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I don't even remember her being in it! Sheen, Snipes, Berson are first names that spring to mind.

20 Feet From Stardom- Crying or Very sad Love this one really got to that certain soft spot I have for this sort of thing.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I watched Back to the Future last night. First time in widescreen and first time in 1080p.
It was pretty good and help up well. not sure how the sequels will fair with that though.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>