Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
tungsten
Sea Post King

Update: #10 Alternative, #61 overall. Pretty impressive stuff!!!
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
...not buying the digital to make sure I coax my arse to Springfield to get a physical copy! Still a bit frustrating, but worth it in the long haul as motivation.

I will be a little miffed if Princesstripandfall buys em' all up though!

Ha, don't worry.
It's brilliant, by the way. I am in love. I never expect less from Stacy but her technical and creative growth from one thing to the next blows me away every time.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

So, to doublecheck, there definitely will be a physical copy of the EP?
All the recent band related promotions I've seen only mention iTunes.
Sucre / Boyd / Chauntelle only mentioned the digital version on release date.

Unless these are homemade, I don't understand why they wouldn't have some online for sale.

princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

I am pretty sure? Stacy made "get the EP on tour" posts on her personal insta before she changed and locked it. People were worried there wouldn't be *digital* ones.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, the way it was put out there, they will have them available on the road. My guess is that, after all the headaches with the release of the 1st LP, bands have soured on mail order distribution through some of the indie 3rd party vendors. Sucre' aren't the only band that has had issues. Also, I want to say that one of those companies that either Eisley or Sucre' used, maybe Topspin, got bought out by a Distributor that works mainly with major labels. I'm sure that game with a lot of red tape that screws indie artists six ways to sunday.

I remember emailing someone related to the company about the delays and it was because the acquisition had taken place, and the major distribution company that bought them out was taking in all their remaining inventory and adding it to theirs. The "perk" was that indie artists who were formerly on major labels would be able to sell their old label merch side by side with their indie items (aka the majors now have a way to prosper off the promotional efforts bands they dropped take to continue their careers by piggybacking in on their merch store accounts).

If a band chooses to do their own mail orders, it's much easier to do that after tour, that way you don't have a backlog of merch you have to catalog, inventory, package and ship when you get home. Meanwhile the buyer stews, wondering why it's taking so long.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

hehe in watching the short video that collin posted, i'm pleased to see that stacey is among the trend of smart artsy awkward white girls doing music with some sort of an electronic backing. others being Lorde and MO and maybe in some instances Lana

edit-

also in searching for sucre live i came across some of these videos. i don't know if they've been posted before, but cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i31dLdmmeJA

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I just got the digital dl from Amazon. Really loving it. I think Young and Free is my favorite Sucre song so far.

wilsmith wrote:
I was dismissive of the Honey Trees because I must have confused them with the Ditty Bops. Turns out that I really like what I've heard by them so far. This is going to be a really great bill.

Boo I've posted Honey Trees stuff before saying how good they were. Haha Ditty Bops, not that their terrible. But yeah it is a great bill. I hope somebody uploads some vids of Sucre's set to see who is playing what. I saw a photo and it looked like Jeremy was playing violin so maybe he is on this tour, or was it Collin?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

it's a guy named david playing violin during both sets. he was incredible. jeremy and darren aren't on the road this time, but the set up with the honey trees backing really worked well imo. i've been listening to them for like 6 years now and seeing them live met all of my expectations and then some. i got truly awful looking video (just literally held up my phone without looking at it towards the end because i was in shock?? and before that it was so, so dark.) from the very back of fitzgerald's. that said, the sound is good. up if you search "sucre live", and also "the honey trees live". i'm sure there will be more footage as the tour goes on. i have a LOT of thoughts about the overall perfection of this tour. S T A C Y. if anyone is on the fence, go go go.

psa from what i understand stacy expected to have copies of loner but did not. she laughed it off in a kind of ughh way and they did the same at the merch table.
if you asked for merch i'll email or pm you.
Last edited by princesstripandfall on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

"Laughed it off..." Wink

Well played. Thanks so much for sharing, do you want to do a Room Noises (concert review) article for SYP? Or anyone else for that matter?

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

sure?
ps here are out of order setlists

merriment:
did i even say anything about them before? i personally prefer the sound of christie/collin duo sets but i'm glad they're "having so much fun" with a full band. their set was just sway minus the last 3 tracks.

the honey trees:
by the river, the fall, siren, nightingale, still i try, orchard, golden crown, ammon’s horn, the seaside

sucre:
wandering back, when we were young, stampede, hiding out, young and free, troubled waters, say something, loner, chemical reaction, no return, light up, line of fire, you and me, silver springs.

no endless sleep, cliff waltz, or crazy, but if those got "replaced" by the other ep tracks then i've got no problems haha.
Catey
Lost at Forum

Can't say I'm not a little disappointed there's no 'Crazy'

I am basically in love with that song since the first play - crazy for Crazy!

Finally found a video of Silver Springs though so I'm happyish...but not without Crazy live Sad
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

glad you found the video! sorry the end cut off. i was so mad when my phone died at the (literal) last minute.

and i was really hoping for crazy but it wouldn't have fit the atmosphere so i can understand it being left out. maybe she'll play it at a quieter show if there is one?
tungsten
Sea Post King

Aggggh, I love the Cliff Waltz and Endless Sleep. Those are two of my favorites. I'm loving Crazy too so I am sad those won't be there. That being said, it looks like a fantastic set list. So glad Troubled Waters and Hiding Out made it.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Just saw that Merriment Sway got a vinyl release. Any one know what they're selling for?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

$15.99 http://equalvision.merchnow.com/products/bycode?code=LP

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>