Laughing City
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

What ever happened to the "Journals"? That link doesn't even work any more. Anyway, I miss Boyd's rambling, hilarious, thoughtful, stream-of-consciousness journal entries. Twitter and Instagram don't quite make up for it.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Agreed. Between the redundancy caused by all the social medias that they were obligated to adopt to maintain and grow a fan base and the tendency for people who felt entitled to interject their personal opinions on the personal lives of the band I would think the prior outweighed the latter but the latter excebated the departure. There is a anonymity to the forum that is harder to achieve with the other social media, which to a certain degree, keeps people a little more honest in how they behave. That doesn't keep people from being presumptive, coarse, or disrespectful, but it does temper those who would be embolden to act that way here where they can choose to not disclose a thing.

That and things have been pretty busy and also harrowing for them. I am honestly trepedatious whenever a long post on any of those media comes and of course I am grateful and pleased when it's a hopeful update or the family finding time for joy inspite of trials.

Ultimately I accept that the amount he has on his plate would do lesser men in. God bless him for that.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Agreed...

although while It's nice of whoever is actually running this site/paying for the server/whatever to keep it up for those of us who still like to check in, its perfectly understandable if they aren't putting time and effort in this direction. After all, how many eyes do we think see it on the average week now? And we all only have so much time and energy to spread around. I don't really keep up with them, but my impression is that they're posting to more general social media.

These days I mostly just keep an eye out for the Duprees' projects' shows and go to the ones in town that I can make. I think I've seen Boyd at all of them, though, so he's very much still around.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

well, at least according to Facebook, LP5 is on the way.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Congratulations
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:

Oh yeah? I've been off FB for a while now.

What did they say? Anything specific?
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Congratulations wrote:
The Man In The Moon wrote:

Oh yeah? I've been off FB for a while now.

What did they say? Anything specific?

nope, just that they've been writing. they've been teasing news for months now, though.

it's a shame currents couldn't get a little more exposure, but at this point i think everyone's ready to move onto the next thing.

i feel like there's so many directions they can go at this point. folk, the emo "revival," string based arrangements, more brash and raw but still keeping the whimsical style, electronic (bjork/radiohead), ect. there's so many things they can explore with their sound that i hope they take advantage of it.

i remember sherri tweeting while they were making currents that the guys were gonna sing on a song with gang vocals. unless this song ended up being save my soul, i guess it never happened. also, i'm pretty sure max composed the bridge way after sherri tweeted that so… anywho, when i first read that, for some reason in my head i heard sherri's brash rhythm guitar style played acoustically with just a few chords, with punk ish drums, but still having whimsical melodies and harmonies. man that'd sound so cool. it'd probably go under the category of songs i feel like sound like a beautiful lo-fi, multi-color, graphic digital diamond on display and rotating on an late 80s/early 90s computer screen. no, i am not on drugs.

Congratulations
Sea Post King

Interesting, and that's pretty much what happened with Combinations, too. Currents reminds me of that album in a lot of ways.

It'll be interesting to see what direction Eisley takes musically, especially with all of the side projects going at the same time.

And that's a pretty cool vision you described. I keep my visions to myself. Wink
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Congratulations wrote:

And that's a pretty cool vision you described. I keep my visions to myself. Wink

i totally heard dreams by fleetwood mac when i read that =P

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The good ol' days ... I enjoy Boyd's Instagram updates. Interesting how fractured things are in the social media sphere.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

boyd posted something about new eisley songs here. then he also answered my question about eisley biz. http://instagram.com/p/wNlPXaCxkd/?modal=true

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

With two babies on the way, an ailing wife/mother/grandmother and LPs by Rising Fawn and potentially Sucre' and any business deals that need to be worked around make promoting and touring a release all about timing.

Also, the market place for truly indie/alternative rock music that isn't electronic based ornthr Foo Fighters keeps on shrinking. Hopefully trends will shift soon.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
With two babies on the way, an ailing wife/mother/grandmother and LPs by Rising Fawn and potentially Sucre' and any business deals that need to be worked around make promoting and touring a release all about timing.

Also, the market place for truly indie/alternative rock music that isn't electronic based ornthr Foo Fighters keeps on shrinking. Hopefully trends will shift soon.

i really feel like eisley could pull off the electronic direction though. but like just an album or two. sorta like how everyone in the 90s had to go electronic for a sec at around the turn of the century. ie. jewel, tori amos, radiohead, smashing pumpkins, ect. actually, everyone, i think, experiments with it at some point. fleetwood mac did on tusk. then again, everyone that was around in the 70s who still had a career in mid the 80s got 80s-fied.

edit-

note that boyd only mentioned sherri's songs too. i know a lot of people on the forum won't be too happy if it ends up being mostly a sherri album or project, but i think to most people outside of hardcore fans, sherri's the face of eisley.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Let's not forget it was Sherri's birthday the day before, and also she is probably the most at home of the sisters since she is pregnant and going to be a homebody while Max is on tour. Her being around equals more time to write. She did a great job writing songs for Stacy on the last record in my opinion so I have every confidence that the material she writes for the band, no matter who sings it, will be great stuff. If no one knew who wrote the songs Stacy sung they might not be as critical, with the exception of those obvious genre diversions.

I wouldn't mind more experimentation with sounds and textures, electronic included, but I don't expect them to trend hope into a club friendly sound, nor would I want them to unless that's really what they felt like doing as a band. Loner was a nice and makes sense as far as the progression, in context next to A Minor Bird. We'll just have to see what Eisley does.

pzy
Wookie Luke

Eisley was an internet pioneer when it came to bands interacting with their fans online. Just look at the history of this place! Imagine if they were 10 years younger and were making their mainstream music industry moves right now. So much more exposure without the herculean effort they made a decade ago in staying connected! I remember typing out forum posts on the road via my terrible BlackBerry in 2005 and being amazed it was even possible.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

pzy wrote:
Eisley was an internet pioneer when it came to bands interacting with their fans online. Just look at the history of this place! Imagine if they were 10 years younger and were making their mainstream music industry moves right now. So much more exposure without the herculean effort they made a decade ago in staying connected! I remember typing out forum posts on the road via my terrible BlackBerry in 2005 and being amazed it was even possible.

it is crazy how much the landscape has changed in just a decade.

goto page
 | next >>