Laughing City
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

huh, interesting. not entirely feeling that band though.

in other news, i love currents more now. however, STILL not sold on Real World. I like Wonder English now, esp standalone.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
http://m.pitchfork.com/news/58849-tame-impala-announce-new-albu m-currents-share-cause-im-a-man/

Tame Impala's new album is called Currents.
Maybe they will get a little bump when people search for it.

I saw that headline and I'll be honest, it sucks that they didn't bother to see if it had been used recently, or did and didn't care. Eisley doesn't own the word, but in the world of music and art that comes of as particularly haphazard. Since I already can't identify a song by that band, I will probably actively ignore them out of spite, which is hella petty, but that's just the way I feel about it.

[/over-loyalfanscreed]

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnKUD_OztRE

You never heard Elephant?
It was in an episode of Bates Motel recently. I think it was also in a commercial a while ago. The lead singer sounds a lot like John Lennon. I have probably written about them a few times here. I have both their albums.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
bigideas wrote:
http://m.pitchfork.com/news/58849-tame-impala-announce-new-albu m-currents-share-cause-im-a-man/

Tame Impala's new album is called Currents.
Maybe they will get a little bump when people search for it.

I saw that headline and I'll be honest, it sucks that they didn't bother to see if it had been used recently, or did and didn't care. Eisley doesn't own the word, but in the world of music and art that comes of as particularly haphazard. Since I already can't identify a song by that band, I will probably actively ignore them out of spite, which is hella petty, but that's just the way I feel about it.

[/over-loyalfanscreed]

haha which is why i named my new album with pictographs rather than actual words cause a well known girl on our local scene just put out an album titled under the same name i wanted to use for it. to be honest, she did the indiegogo for it like 2 years ago, and i thought it'd had come out way before now.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnKUD_OztRE

You never heard Elephant?
It was in an episode of Bates Motel recently. I think it was also in a commercial a while ago. The lead singer sounds a lot like John Lennon. I have probably written about them a few times here. I have both their albums.

Nope, never noticed. All this time I thought Tame Impala was a Rapper. Mainly cause they were getting press at a period where the blogs were really rap heavy with stuff like Chief Keef, Kendrick Lamarr, Whiz Kalifa, Meek Mil, Tyler the Creator, Asap Rocky etc. etc. etc... So yeah.

He does have his Lennon vibe going. I quit after 20 seconds cause I'm gonna be an obstinate loyalist on this one. Viva Eisley LP4, the 1st and only album I own called Currents.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

There was a video someone made with the song Elephant and the trippy dream sequence from Winnie the Pooh or Dumbo.

I like Tame Impala, but it is hard for me to listen to a full album of theirs because he usually puts phase or some psychedelic effect on pretty much every song and the albums are long.

Eisley wasn't the first to use Currents as a title. A brief search on All Music comes up with several.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

What you mentioned about using very recognizable effects repeatedly for long albums is draining, with you on that.

As far as Currents as a title, I made sure to qualify my statement very very specifically...

wilsmith wrote:
Viva Eisley LP4, the 1st and only album I own called Currents.

My loyalty has nothing to do with primacy, and everything to do with blind devotion and stupid emotion. I ain't hardly serious, but I am seriously sticking with my guns.

Cool