Laughing City
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

New rising fawn. I think this is the most jam band esque I've heard any Dupree related project and the most that reminds me of radiohead. It reminds me of a local band I mentioned a while ago that use to be in Nashville called volair.

http://diffuser.fm/exclusive-premiere-rising-fawn-eisleys-chauntelle-d upree-ours-for-taking/

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I saw the press release in my editor's emails today and I'm so happy it's seeing the light of day at long last.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i missed this earlier but there's a track listing on equal vision's site. one of the songs is called Jeremy Enigk Very Happy

http://www.equalvision.com/news/rising-fawn-to-release-debut-full-leng th-sifting-through-sadness-on-august-28-new-song-ours-for-taking-premi ering-now-via-diffuser-fm/

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Woah, Jeremy Enigk the song?
Can't imagine the lyrics for this title.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

This track actually made me think of flaming lips circa Yoshimi.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Jeremy Enigk has hit me harder than any solo track they've released in any incarnation thus far! It's great.

To think it could have been an Eisley track. The bar continues to be raised for all their work. A year ago Young and Free was a pleasant surprise, nye a club banger if ever there was one by a member of the band. Before that Sway impressed with how developed and polished Merriment had grown, delivering a debut LP beyond their years, and even Fortunes sneaking out an EP of top notch stuff. The Eisley relates curveball just keep coming.

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/song-premiere-r ising-fawn-jeremy-enigk/11787988

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Sounds potentially pretty good. Need to hear it on some actual speakers.
Out this Friday already?
The pre-order shows a bonus track and 9 total.
iTunes shows bonus and 10 total.
Looks like the merch page left the first track off.
Wow, you can get a shirt for only $5 more. Don't know how it changes the shipping though.

Anyone order anything?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I am ordering, but haven't gotten my ducks in a row to do so yet. Trying to actually listen to what I own and haven't played yet lately. But I am all over this, I am expecting to really enjoy it based on what we're hearing and the previous EP.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Well, that was not what I was expecting at all and I rather enjoyed it.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Sadly, Merchnow is more like, Merchlater dude. The preorder +download that sgould havw just been a regular order since i ordered it after the 28th didn't deliver the full album download, only the prerelease downloads. Maybe i was mistaken and the code was intended to be redeemed via a code enclosed with the cd?
Oh well, i'll wait patiently.

rchamp
Sea Post King

Yeah, I've never been impressed with MerchNow. They promised a download link on release day and when it didn't show up I wrote them but never heard back. The link for the full album did show up today and it's as unprofessional as can be. First of all, the album you get when you unzip is called "Rising Through Sadness - Rising Fawn" and there's no artwork or tagging of any kind. The mp3 files are titled but not tagged so they show up untitled in iTunes. That's just lazy. Listening now and it's beautiful. At least that was done right.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, i got my email yesterday, and i downloaded and unzipped the folder but didn't get beyond that step. I'll make sure to edit the info tags when i import them.

I get the feeling they don't work on weekends. I also preorderes the new Dearhunter cd which releases this frisay so we'll see how delayed my shipping is. Like amazon, they withold combined orders until the last item is available. They recommend ordering preorders separate but that increases shipping costs, so what's a week right?

The problem with that is when someone orders a bundle and one of the items is not available to ship. Absorbing the cost of multiple & large package shipping costs has been the bane of many a crowdfunder.

Meanwhile Will Johnson of Centro-Matic is releasing a solo LP on their longtime collective label-group, Undertow, and though it's a mid september release, the mp3 and .wav of the album were available at checkout.

But that's the difference when dealing with an actual content provider and a distributor like merchnow.

I will hopefully have time to Sift tonight.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Ordered this tonight. Looks like the additional shirt would be about $7 extra, but I would have probably needed a XXL. Went ahead and got the one Enigk title they carry, The Missing Link, for $5. It didn't seem to increase shipping. Also saw that Merriment Sway is on vinyl. I may have already known and forgotten and even talked about it on here. I would get the Eisley/SA 7", but they have it at $8.99. Too much imo.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The album is great, a couple of wildcard moments towards the end.

I was surprised cause originally i thought the Missing Link was didital only when it came out, and only ordered the new tracks. When i ordered the cd (maybe back when Sway camw out or Desp Space or Currents) the live tracks were stellar. Canons especially.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

I got my Rising Fawn CD one week later. Ordered the Fortunes CD the same night and still haven't gotten it - 3 weeks tomorrow/Sunday. Sent an e-mail earlier this week and have had no response.

I am really enjoying the Rising Fawn album. The musicianship is great throughout. Eisley's sound guy, Mark, is credited on most tracks as playing keys. I had no idea he was a musician. I guess most sound people are, I just don't remember it mentioned at all.

The last song has a repeating refrain and Christie and Sherri are on it. I'm wondering if they originally intended Stacy for the end, so it had all 4 sisters, but she was unable or unwillingly to do it? Instead Max sings at the end of the entire album. It is kinda odd, because the prior 30 some odd minutes of the album had a particular feel and type of singing. I would be interested in hearing the backstory of this particular song and the album in general.

Unfortunately, like with Sucre and Merriment, they are getting little to no press, so there will likely be no interviews to find out more about these great projects.

I really don't understand why the Absolute Punk people aren't reviewing these releases. It doesn't have to do with it not being in their usual genre coverage, they cover everything Eisley and Max related. The last time I went there they had news items about rappers and Ryan Adams, so I don't understand why they wouldn't review these.