Laughing City
Marvelous Thing
Sea Post King

Hi guys,

Christmas time is coming and recently I sadly discovered that I lost the 2012 Christmas EP when my harddrive crashed. The original link doesn't seem to work anymore. Anybody know if I can still find it somewhere? Will it go live again around Christmas time?

Thanks for any help.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Trying to contact the band through their Facebook may be your best bet. I don't think they come on here anymore.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

They used to be up on strange yellow patters, but I don't think the site is up any more. There are a few eisley fan tumblrs, and someone might have the files posted there.

It was released as the Dupree Family Christmas right? I have the files, and It was Christie & Reed, Chauntelle & Todd, Sherri & Max and "Eisley" on a couple too right?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Syp isn't up anymore?
Weren't you doing some stuff on it earlier this year?

Marvelous Thing
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
They used to be up on strange yellow patters, but I don't think the site is up any more. There are a few eisley fan tumblrs, and someone might have the files posted there.

It was released as the Dupree Family Christmas right? I have the files, and It was Christie & Reed, Chauntelle & Todd, Sherri & Max and "Eisley" on a couple too right?

There have been 2 Christmas EPs, this is the one I mean. Do you have some of those? There's a couple of tumblrs that posted some of those songs in ~lower quality in the past, but I haven't gotten a response when I asked them about the original files.

Syp sadly died without a warning. I was trying to look up any info about that when I discovered this forum, but no luck.
rchamp
Sea Post King

I hope this is okay since it was distributed free. You should find what you need in here. http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/4An2jFTd/file.html
Marvelous Thing
Sea Post King

Wow, thanks a lot, this is the outcome I was hoping for!

I also think it should be fine, I wouldn't ask for anything that's available and being sold.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Marvelous Thing wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

There have been 2 Christmas EPs, this is the one I mean. Do you have some of those? There's a couple of tumblrs that posted some of those songs in ~lower quality in the past, but I haven't gotten a response when I asked them about the original files.

Syp sadly died without a warning. I was trying to look up any info about that when I discovered this forum, but no luck.

Here's the one I was thinking about http://www.discogs.com/Eisley-Eisley-Family-Christmas-EP-2010/master/8 63810

That they then released again with two more songs
http://www.discogs.com/Eisley-Eisley-Family-Christmas-EP-2011/release/ 7271826

I guess I completely forgot or overlooked the one you are talking about. Glad the board got you covered!

bigideas wrote:
Syp isn't up anymore?
Weren't you doing some stuff on it earlier this year?

My involvement with SYP ended in October/November 2014. I'm not sure exactly when the site went away after that. It was an under-appreciated resource for an under-appreciated band. I posted most of the content I had there, here, with a few exceptions.

The one article I wish I would have stored offsite was the one I did on Jeremy Enigk. I put together a playlist of his material that I thought would appeal to Eisley fans, and explained the connection between his work and its influence on earlier Eisley tunes. It's lost to the ether. Oh well. Since then I have written for http://www.playbackstl.com exclusively.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:

My involvement with SYP ended in October/November 2014. I'm not sure exactly when the site went away after that. It was an under-appreciated resource for an under-appreciated band. I posted most of the content I had there, here, with a few exceptions.

The one article I wish I would have stored offsite was the one I did on Jeremy Enigk. I put together a playlist of his material that I thought would appeal to Eisley fans, and explained the connection between his work and its influence on earlier Eisley tunes. It's lost to the ether. Oh well. Since then I have written for http://www.playbackstl.com exclusively.

I searched wayback machine for your Jermey Enigk thing. SYP is there but too bad most of the links don't work. At least not all Eisley history is lost to the ether. The Eisley Journals seem to be working fine on way back machine... https://web.archive.org/web/20120529143454/http://www.eisley.com/journ als/trolleywood.coldplay/ Although not everything is functional, most of it is. With SYP and the former OGG gone, the way back machine Journals are about the last good documentation of the bands history out there. My daughter doesn't believe they toured with Coldplay. I'll have to show her this. Laughing
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, I tried the wayback machine with the same results. I don't know if they use an algorithm based on site traffic to determine the depth by which to archive subpages, but with SYP it doesn't go deep.

http://eisleybr.blogspot.com/2012/02/post-001-o-primeiro-blog-brasilei ro.html archived a lot of SYP stuff I think.

Knowing my aims, I'm pretty sure I can rewrite the Enigk article and figure out the playlist again. It's just nice when you feel you do the subject justice to have that to refer to. That's what I get for not backing it up.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

This post still 'feels new' to me and it 1.5 years old!

There are 2 new Eisley Christmas songs.
What do you think?

I have only heard the 30 sec clips.

Do they have enough songs for a Christmas album now? I don't know if WB owns some of them, and, of course, they were recorded at different times so the sound quality will probably be different.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Didn't know there were new ones...