25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
I don't know
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I click the thread, log in, re-click the thread, post, click the thread again. So 3 views each time right there.

I liked that Gotye song but of course it got way too much radio time. I don't even listen to the radio and I heard it a bunch of times in stores and whatnot. Did it ruin his career? I can't remember much about the video though other than the thumbnail. She's pretty cool though huh.

This might as well be the official video for this song.
AWOLNATION - Sail
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
Do you think the 1,007 Views for this thread is legit?
Even if both of you looked at this 100 a piece and me 20, that's only 220.

I know this from my blog, but google has built in trackers for any link that routes to Youtube. The other thing I notice from my blog's analytics is that there will always be multiple hits from Russia, as I imagine their hacking enterprises also auto-watches anything that's posted or linked to google related content. That amounts for something. Meanwhile this is one of the few active threads on this board, and the only one that's been updated daily in months, if not years.

Now back to our scheduled programming. The current bassist for AWOLNATION was guitarist in this band (his solo album SPILL - Through the Seasons is on bandcamp and I love it). This is the song that made me love said band, when I posted about here in a probably defunct thread in this topic: Oscar Wilde

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I check in on here a few times a week. Add another 20 or so.

Here's one. Grouplove - Colours

I was reminded of a short story we read in high school when I saw this the first time. An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge

Vintage Newbie

I remember that video well. It was also immortalized in the "Ha" compilation video of songs with those western chants.

Meanwhile, back in the day I want to say vivaslapopie posted a video by Sister Crayon" (In) Reverse " that immediately won me over. In general they make excellent videos. They recently changed their name to Rituals of Mine, but here's one of their videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1e4JwuSSns

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Modest Mouse - Float On
Vintage Newbie

I wish I could find a high quality version of this song out there. But alas I can't. Anyways Verbena was awesome. They were Alabama based indie rock band that put out one record that was a grungy garage-blue-rock blend a step ahead of the White Stripes & reminiscent of Nirvana a little bit. Well Dave Grohl heard that record and got them signed to Capitol and produced their sophomore record, Into The Pink, and went all-in on the Nirvana sound, which they hit out of the park better than anyone since, well, Nirvana, before or since. Ultimately that didn't really sit well creatively with the band and they went another direction afterwards (still really good) before disbanding and Scott Bondy choosing to go by A. A. Bondy doing stripped down folk-based tunes with a dark bent to critical acclaim.

All that said, here's a low-fi rip of "Baby Got Shot" off of Into The Pink https://youtu.be/pj1oQSTnIj0

P. S.

I only heard of this band because I asked a friend who was the music director at the college radio station I worked to send me anything she got by Varnaline, and she couldn't remember the right band name and sent me the two albums they had that had come in recently that started with the letter V (Verbena & Velocette). Verbena mopped the floor with Velocette in my book.

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:
Grouplove - Colours
I was reminded of a short story we read in high school when I saw this the first time. An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge

There was an episode of The Twilight Zone based on that.

Portishead - All Mine
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Heh! I had been planning on posting this one for some time... so you cut me off at the pass https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmDkzVvherk

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Unofficial Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

One of the many groups WB had on the label and did little or nothing with. I came across this as a throw away promo cd back in my college radio days. I would take random cds like that home and just listen for the heck of it, and Esthero, Kent, and Baxter, the band I'm picking turned out to be groups I legitimately liked after taking that leap of faith. This video is definitely dated, but the photography for their album was so well done it was like a video unto itself so I choose https://youtu.be/2CfQJ5DsHHU

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Wow, watching that I thought she might have been from the band Salt. I looked it up and it was her, Nina Rambsy. I have the Salt cd but didn't know their names or much about them. Salt was just another grunge band I guess but I liked a song enough to buy the cd, it's a good cd. I probably recognized her because I had this video in the cue.
Salt - Bluster

Seems like you've posted that Baxter video before though? Maybe we've discussed this before.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

There's a chance I have. Any time late 90s Trip Hop comes up I find myself trying to remember them, cause I always forget their band name. I didn't know anything about Salt, but I decided to look up Baxter to see if they ever did anything else, and that's when I found out about Salt. If you mentioned them in the past I totally forgot again.

Speaking of offshoot projects featuring members of 90s grunge bands with international ties https://youtu.be/qSn-K8JhrvM

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Eisley - A Sight to Behold
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ That was fun. I remember that being requested in the Youtube Gold thread back in the day. You made that right? Or was it Nightmare (sp?)

If we're going camp, especially after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy... https://youtu.be/tKjZuykKY1I

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I liked that song. Whatever happened to those guys? They were supposed to bring back lead guitar rock.

Yeah I made that A Sight to Behold video like 10 years ago. I re-uploaded it again. WMG never blocked it before but they gave me a copyright strike on some other video they had seemed cool with for a long time previously so I got spooked and pulled a bunch of others. The video synced up amazingly well with the song.

Here's a video from a short movie I just now found out about.
David Hasselhoff - True Survivor (from Kung Fury)
It actually sounds good!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>