35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

johnip
Vintage Newbie

still waiting on that meteor
Laughing Citizen

Agreed.

If the top of the ballot has the two extant choices and "Meteor Strike", I think I'd vote meteor strike.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I'm definitely voting for Biden and Harris though.

But if a meteor did swoop in and obliterate the planet at the last minute I wouldn't be too upset at this point.

Vintage Newbie

Trump is the Meteor.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
johnip
Vintage Newbie

trump is outta here! GA represent.
Vintage Newbie

An actual post. Only took me Six weeks to drop in and acknowledge it.

Glad there is still some vampire-in-a-mummified-hibernation-level-life in the LC.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Hello fellow vampire mummy! Georgia actually pulled off the trifecta!
I wish the democrats would grow a pair and do away with the stupid filibuster so they could actually get some good things passed. Maybe they will.

I'm continually appalled at the depths the Party of trump digs itself to. I thought for sure after the 6th some things would change. Three weeks later and they are united once again and claim it's unconstitutional to impeach trump once he's out of office after delaying the trial until the inauguration. "It's too soon! It's too late!"

In lighter news, today is my 15th Laughing Citizenship anniversary! I miss the good ol' days round here. I'm really surprised that this old thing is still kicking around in the bowels of some server somewhere. Love

I first heard Eisley when they put Telescope Eyes on the itunes free single of the week back in 2005. I just found some old macrumors.com forum post from 2005 with a list that says that was on Tuesday, March 22nd. Their music and this forum got me through some pretty crappy stuff around that time. I'm glad I was able to hang out with all the cool folks around here.

Vintage Newbie

I think in April it will be my 13th Anniversary, which is CRAZY. And what a 13 years personally and globally it has been! It was the Spring Combinations tour that brought me here after reading the forums and not joining back some time in fall 03' when I first heard Marvelous Things or spring 04' when I found the EPs on www.import-cds.com Back then I was just trying to find out background information on the band and if they had any other material and I remember reading Boyd's writing around the time they were recording Room Noises in LA, with no idea who Boyd even was other than someone close to the band whose writing struck a nerve.

I and my GF at the time were also big Elliott Smith fans. He had dies literally a few weeks before we first caught the Marvelous Things video and were introduced to the band. I didn't know there was any connection until Boyd wrote about working with Rob Schnapf as a producer and then Schnapf having to leave to work on "In A Basement Over a Hill".

What's funny to me is I ended up listening to a lot of Aaron Sprinkle music around that time without even realizing he produced Marvelous Things. You can attribute that to listening to a lot of music on Tooth & Nail and the Militia Group (the irony), but mainly starting with Acceptance courtesy of Matt Pinfield making sure they got airplay on 120 Minutes, where I first saw/ heard them ("Permanent") & Further Seems Forever ("There's A Light Up Ahead" which they just happened to post on maybe Myspace or Purevolume at the time, or their website back when people thought they were broken up). So I had a fair share of Cornerstone Festival acts in my rotation, having never gone to Cornerstone. Some would say it was providential. Others would say it was my GF's influence, because she had in 00' I think. But she didn't like any of those bands so... Moving on.

The lack of consequences for the Incitement of Insurrection, even while some publicly denounced it, and then balked, is definitely reinforcing every negative characterization of partisan politics I have/ It's also alienating me even further from my steadfastly-loyal-to-the-party, no matter how much it grieves them and compromises their moral reasoning, conservative friends. Some were conflicted by Trump's moral failings and lack of social grace. Others took up their rhetorical swords and are more than willing to fall on them. All I can say is, at least I know where people stand.

superhits
Sea Post King

It’s nice to see this forum still kicking. I miss the good ol’ golden days.