100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

rev2220_21
Sea Post King

I know that the album "Up" has been out for almost a year and a half now, but have any of you noticed the genius in the way he composed the album? I can't help but listen to it all the time. It to bad that he died a couple of months back, because I would have liked to seen what could have come from him.

How do you feel about it?

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

I adore Peter Gabriel,from his days with genesis to his solo stuff.the man has something very special imho...very gifted in everything he does.
Vintage Newbie

I can't say that I've heard any of his stuff aside from a few snippets and some of his stuff with Genesis. As I always say, I'll have to check it out sometime... Wink I've read a bunch of comparisons between Elbow and Peter's work--are those accurate?
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

bgburroughs wrote:
I've read a bunch of comparisons between Elbow and Peter's work--are those accurate?

Not even close in my opinion and i love both artists

Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
bgburroughs wrote:
I've read a bunch of comparisons between Elbow and Peter's work--are those accurate?

Not even close in my opinion and i love both artists

Okay--just thought I'd ask, as I've read that comparison a number of places. I guess I'll have to hear for myself, huh? Wink By the way, I've been getting into Elbow a lot more lately, and I really like both albums... Cool
robert h.
Sea Post King

i used to think i was obssessed with peter gabriel, then i went to his official messageboard. okay, so i'm nowhere near that bad, but i do love his music.

as for the album "up", before i bought it, i was obssessed with buying it. then after getting it, i listened to it once, and thought "oh, that's really good". i never listened to it again. then a couple of months ago, i put it back on, and, well, i can't stop listening to it, unless i force myself to, which i have done, to protect my sanity, and give my other records a chance.

so, yes, peter gabriel is amazing.
rev2220_21
Sea Post King

robert h. wrote:
i used to think i was obssessed with peter gabriel, then i went to his official messageboard. okay, so i'm nowhere near that bad, but i do love his music.

as for the album "up", before i bought it, i was obssessed with buying it. then after getting it, i listened to it once, and thought "oh, that's really good". i never listened to it again. then a couple of months ago, i put it back on, and, well, i can't stop listening to it, unless i force myself to, which i have done, to protect my sanity, and give my other records a chance.

so, yes, peter gabriel is amazing.

Same thing happened to me

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

all i know is that you guys listen to a whole (insert swearword here)load of artists and groups! i only have cds from about 15 groups in my collection..
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
all i know is that you guys listen to a whole (insert swearword here)load of artists and groups! i only have cds from about 15 groups in my collection..

man,You don't wanna know the size of mine

Lost at Forum

homesick_alien wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

man,You don't wanna know the size of mine

I'm at 400, after ripping a bunch of stuff to MP3 and getting
rid of the original CD. So, tell us Paul, how many albums
do you have in your collection.
Enquiring minds want to know. Laughing Wink

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

you can times your cd collection by ten and thats roughly what I have in cd albums....then I have cd singles/LP's/45's....it's too much,I need to clear some of it out