Laughing City
LuCid DrEaMeR
Sea Post King

Hey Guys, this is the first time I've ever posted a topic and it just had to be done! I've been a fan since I heard you open up for COLDPLAY, yet I'm sure you have fans that have admired you before that. But, anyhow I was completely blown away!! Thanks for creating such beautiful music!!! But I just couldn't help but notice that your opening up for New Found Glory??? Why?!? I'm sure they are a great bunch of guys, this is just my opinion, but they Suck!! You guys should be headling your own tour!! Well I hope all is well... And I'm sorry if I offended anyone who is a New Found Glory Fan!! I guess I'll see YOU in May!!

MT
DropBear
Sea Post King

I think the whole idea of touring with NFG is to expose people to Eisley; people who might not otherwise have a chance of hearing them play. Sure, they might be teeny-boppers and all that, but who cares. Fans are fans are fans, and teeny-boppers spend money on music and Ipods too.
Joined: 03 May 2004 | Posts: 32 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

and at the end of the day, you're never going to grow as a band if you play to the same 400 people in every city. you need to expand your audience.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Both right, methinks. They'll open for other bands. And Eisley just isn't big enough to pull even 1,000 a night yet. 400-500, yes. But they've got to grow more. I've noticed fans of bands like NFG and Brand New are much more accepting of new music than fans of bands more similar to Eisley. Quite shocking, since fans of those bands love to tout their musical openess. But anyway, May will be over before we know it, and the NFG tour will be over for better or worse. Then they'll get to open with another band someone hates. Or they'll head out on a smaller headlining tour, etc ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I've noticed fans of bands like NFG and Brand New are much more accepting of new music than fans of bands more similar to Eisley.

Bingo. Eisley had a fantastic response from their tour with Brand New. I expect much the same for the NFG tour. And while I might not like the music, it seems that the New Found Glory boys are some all right people, so there's no reason to be hating on 'em. You can always leave after Eisley's set. That's what I'll be doing. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I like Eisley, I like Reggie, I like NFG.

I am talking my brothers girlfriend into taking me so we can have fun together. She likes NFG a lot, I love Eisley a lot. It's a good tour for us to go to.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
I like Eisley, I like Reggie, I like NFG.

me too, well, i like NFG's live show, i've seen it a few times, they're pretty good, nice guys too, i'm totally down with this tour, it'll be solid. Tis a shame i'll probably not be paying attention to Reggie and NFG's shows...

Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
I've noticed fans of bands like NFG and Brand New are much more accepting of new music than fans of bands more similar to Eisley. Quite shocking, since fans of those bands love to tout their musical openess.

I thought you made a very important point here and I wanted to highlight it once more in case someone didn't catch it.

Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

Retrovertigo wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
I've noticed fans of bands like NFG and Brand New are much more accepting of new music than fans of bands more similar to Eisley. Quite shocking, since fans of those bands love to tout their musical openess.

I thought you made a very important point here and I wanted to highlight it once more in case someone didn't catch it.

Seriously. Plus...I used to hate NFG, but they have really grown on me. I listen to them when I totally just need to rock out. I like their music, and cant wait for the tour!

Skabro Mr. Green

i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ImmoralImmortal
Golly, Poster

I'm not a fan of NFG at all, but the biggest fan of Eisley, and I've never heard Reggie.
I'll go to the NFG tour anyway.
We told Chauntelle, Sherri, and Weston that we'd endure NFG just to see them
As it was told..Sherri and Weston don't like NFG's music either
::chuckles::
I hope I get to meet em again...i wonder if chauntelle will remember us...or SHERRI
WHOO!
Laughing

~ Ramón ~
Joined: 05 Apr 2004 | Posts: 508 | Location: Carson, California
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
3 Libras
Sea Post King

I understand the need to expand one's audience and play to a different crowd. But a lot of us (from what I can tell) are pissed off that they have to contribute money toward NFG, and sit through whatever crap bands are before Eisley. Also the moshing et. al that generally ensues at a punk show. THis is my sad face... Crying or Very sad But thats what I get for not going to their shows before.

But still I'll be there.

P.S. What are the chances of meeting them after they play, like at their merchandise booth or something. That is my secret hope.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

3 Libras wrote:
P.S. What are the chances of meeting them after they play, like at their merchandise booth or something. That is my secret hope.

Well, I'm sure there will be fans of other bands who aren't happy to give money to a band like Eisley. Eisley will be at the merch, or somewhere else (and they'll announce it from the stage, I'm sure). They're very dedicated to being available to their fans. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
giant_
Laughing Citizen

I hate new found glory. I love all kinds of music but just find their music to be boring and generic.
lucy&diamonds
Sea Post King

it's obvious....for the future free hilary duff tix the band has been coveting after for some time now... Cool lol
thexrunaway
Golly, Poster

This has been hashed over like 16 times. Yes Eisley is touring with NFG. Yes some Eisley fans are not happy with this, but others such as myself are. Yes you will still be able to meet them.

THE END.

Did we really need another thread?

"My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end."

-Ayn Rand, Anthem