Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:

These songs are like Eisley Wine.

The Man In The Moon wrote:
question, did anyone catch the old MossEisley logo peeking on the edge of the left side of the cover? i just noticed it.

-edit-

it's on the tour poster too

Good eyes! Didn't even catch it poking it's head around from behind Laughing Way to represent!

Yes to the wine. And yea, I don't think I would've noticed it if I didn't have the physical. The logo's fitting to as these songs evoke that era of eisley

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:
All I can say about this EP is it sounds SO GROWN-UP in all the right ways. For each type of song they went for, they sound fully thought out, mature, and lived-in. The production feels very natural and organic/ raw without losing any of its urgency/ energy. It really sounds like the band from EP1 & 2, Laughing City & Marvelous Things after 8 years off, coming back for another go around.

Also, the vibe and production remind me of Sun Feet, Head Against the Sky, and Mr. Pine (the verse part) aka nearly Trip Hop Eisley.

QFT. I'll throw in "Telescope Eyes" pre-Room Noises and maybe "Sleepy Head" and "Becoming You." I said it before, but this album is such a throwback in a way that makes it feel like a huge leap forward for the band. The guitars on this whole EP are so lush. I don't even use that word, but there it is: luuuush. Ugh. megusta.jpg

oathmeal wrote:
I'd go as far as saying Deep Space is my favorite song that Eisley has released.

Almost agreed! It's earned a spot in my top 5. Love

http://inconnumag.com
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i guess boyd didn't know they were going out early. I commented on one of his statuses that I got mine already and he was surprised.

i told him to stop by here and say hi.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Listened to it on the Paste site a couple times ...ok more like 10 times Very Happy and I really like it a lot. Much more rock than what we've heard over the last few years. Really looking forward to #4.
Golly, Poster

Also, Weston. There's a little bit of a "Mr. Moon" moment in "Deep Space" and it's soooo goooood.

http://inconnumag.com
Christian
Sea Post King

Upon first listen through, the only song on the EP that really grabs me is "Deep Space." I'm sure I'll warm up to the others with more listens.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Only one thing in my mailbox when I got home from work today... A PADDED MAILER FULL OF BLISS!

One thing in my CD PLAYER Blasting out of four 15" woofers & 10" tweeters sounding... LUSH!

Andy Freeman is Da Man! The rhodes is sounding gorgeous, like stars in the blue-black heavens. 192 days sounds a whole lot better on a stereo, and that makes the transition from it to One Last Song much less jarring.

Also, it downed on me that the spacious sound of this record makes me think of.... wait for it...

Wink

And as far as LP 4... this EP is going to be a hard act to follow. I've had it on repeat, and I haven't intentionally put an album on repeat, that I can recall, since 2007 Wink

It doesn't hurt that Light's Out fades in in-progress which makes it feel like it was meant to be put on repeat, or to flow from another song seamlessly live. My vote is for Many Funerals given it's a waltz with equivalent energy.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Haha people said the valley was a hard act to follow

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Fair enough Laughing
It was, and low and behold here we are...

Never Underestimate Eisley. Heck, for all I know Sucre will raise the bar even higher, and if that Chauntelle project sees the light of the day before LP4 it might even go higher yet...

We're very very fortunate to be fans at the stages we came in on and experience the growth and change as it happens ( or retroactively thanks to places like http://www.strangeyellowpatterns.com ) . It's wild and enjoyable ride.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

That's the most pleasurable first listen I've had with an Eisley release since Laughing City. That's actually saying a lot, too. Actually, that's possibly the most I've ever liked ANY Eisley release on the first listen ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

"I think they need to draw more on classic Art Rock like Queen and ELP and less on whatever grungy, droning nonsense inspired this album."

No.

I don't like Lights Out. It reminds me of Evanescence or something of that nature.

Laugh It Off is gorgeous. I just can't believe the way Stacy continues to grow as an artist. And she's only 23! She's just so awesome; I am a true stan.

Deep Space is great. Sort of feels like it ventures out of SDRE emo territory into early 2000s emo (like Senses Fail-esque D: ) territory at times, but it doesn't stay there for too long, thankfully.

192 Days is less annoying to me than the original. The lyrics will never allow me to listen to it again, though.

One Last Song is the progression I always expected from them. Perfect.

Aww, Eisley's back, y'all!

Last edited by tahruh on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
I don't like Lights Out. It reminds me of Evanescence or something of that nature.

I just have a hard time stomaching that when I feel there is a much more fitting comparison, better said, a number of better comparisons that are much more flattering, even if they're not stuff some fans may life (and many will)

http://youtu.be/TzroQBpJOTM - Radiapathy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNuApkL8wbs - Into the Open

http://youtu.be/A3adFWKE9JE - Grace

please oh please oh please don't lump these songs in with NU-Metal, it's just wrong. Just so happens the first two songs are by the band I discovered the exact same sitting I discovered Eisley and the Von Bondies.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
tahruh wrote:

I just have a hard time stomaching that when I feel there is a much more fitting comparison, better said, a number of better comparisons that are much more flattering, even if they're not stuff some fans may life (and many will)

http://youtu.be/TzroQBpJOTM - Radiapathy

http://youtu.be/A3adFWKE9JE - Grace

please oh please oh please don't lump these songs in with NU-Metal, it's just wrong.
But those two songs are good... Please oh please oh please don't lump a nu-metal song in with Jeff Buckley. Wink
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Did any song remind you of Starflyer 59 like Sherri said?

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>