Laughing City
citystate
Sea Post King

I definitely noticed the song lengths. That was actually the first thing I thought of after I finished the album. It isn't surprising though, the next album will likely be all written at once and will probably have more of a full album vibe than this one with new/old, different studios, producers, etc.

I'm also not really into the new version of Memories. I like the tempo but it feels like they tried to bring out the vocals too much. It almost hurts my ears on the s's. The vocals are so good they should have been left a bit more natural.

The new Marvelous Things, however, is absolute fire! I mean, wow, what am amazing job. I think that would be the hardest one to top.

Also Golly Sandra, my personal favorite, is amazing. Way to go on the self-production of that one.

Even though the album has been out, what, about 5 hours, I'm already looking forward to the next one!
giant_
Laughing Citizen

the only song that i thought could have been longer was "just like we do", i was hoping the instrumental part at the end would have gone on for a little bit more
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

hell, i just want my frikkin' preordered CD!
i didn't get it today!!!!!!!!1

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

citystate wrote:
I'm also not really into the new version of Memories. I like the tempo but it feels like they tried to bring out the vocals too much. It almost hurts my ears on the s's. The vocals are so good they should have been left a bit more natural.

The new Marvelous Things, however, is absolute fire! I mean, wow, what am amazing job. I think that would be the hardest one to top.

That is sort of funny, because I felt exactly the opposite about "Marvelous Things" and "Memories".

My fave is "My Lovely". I just think Weston really shines on that track.

JD

Jay
Golly, Poster

is it odd that my favorite few songs are the ones produced by eisley and rob?
TheContrabajo
Sea Post King

I agree with citystate, as I like "Marvelous Things." I expected nothing short of excellence from an Aaron Sprinkle-produced track (I'm a fan of the Aaron Sprinkle).

I like the album Room Noises by the band Eisley. I recommend that everyone here check it out.
Joined: 07 Feb 2005 | Posts: 19 | Location: The University of Illinois
DeathRockBoy
Sea Post King

i think Mr. Pine would've added a nice touch to the album. being six minutes, and all.

Mr. Pine is probably one of, if not Eisley's best song. it's just like this gigantic magnificent epic of a song. absolutely beautiful. i hope they resurrect it.

when i listen to Room Noises, it feels like some sort of journey or something. like a concept album minus the concept. it's so great.
Lost At Sea
Sea Post King

personally i would like to see more bhangra wailing with synth beats in the background...
Sea Post King

personally, this album is awesome.....and there is no need for change...whatsoever......its a beauty...if you are a member of this board and think otherwise...shame....shame i say....
Sea Post King

DeathRockBoy wrote:

Mr. Pine is probably one of, if not Eisley's best song. it's just like this gigantic magnificent epic of a song. absolutely beautiful. i hope they resurrect it.

completely agree. song is amazing. i hope the next eisley album is all new songs, but if they have to record an old song, this should be it.

i also agree about marvelous things. aaron sprinkle is a terrific producer and this song improved greatly. he should produce all of the next album.

about the song lengths, i don't have a problem with them, but to have a 12 song album where the difference between the shortest song and longest song is only 34 seconds is unheard of (i own 500+ albums and none of them come close to this). especially since most of these songs varied in length a lot more in their original versions. did the label have anything to do with this? all these songs just happen to be perfect radio length.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

giant_ wrote:
the only song that i thought could have been longer was "just like we do", i was hoping the instrumental part at the end would have gone on for a little bit more

yeah, i wish the chorus was repeated as well. heck, have Weston's drums kick in and make it epic!

i might have to play around on my computer and make it longer.........when it ends, you just want more.

benebula98
Sea Post King

Hey,
I also noticed that the tracks and the CD were a little short. I can definantly see both sides of the argument. Maybe the be all end all statement is.....its not the size of the track that counts, its how you use it! ^_^
*BEN* <- - - - - BIG DORK
mosesgunn
Sea Post King

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
my criticism (having not heard it)

not enough:

rapping,
scratching,
hammer time,
cowbell Wink
van halen covers,
and cowbell.

Laughing

Penguin is officially my new favorite person on this entire site. (sorry Boyd)

-Josh Scogin (Norma Jean)

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=jacoblee1982
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

I have a feeling this thread is like liberals making a point to say that they have one Republican friend.
I kind of agree with you. I don't have a desire to change the CD or anything, but I really love stuff like the intro to the older Telescope Eyes.

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

You can always do what I did. Make your own "Room Noises" mix and include Mr. Pine (5:57), Tree Tops iTunes version (5:20), Vintage People (2:54), and as a secret bonus track: They All Surrounded Me (4:47). Gives the album a little more "length" spice.