Laughing City
breauxman
Vintage Newbie

I went to Tyler once back in 1994. I was on a youth choir tour and Centrifuge retreat. It was nice. All I did was play tennis and go to the Blockbuster, but I was only there for one night.

Yeah, that was pointless.
Joined: 04 Oct 2004 | Posts: 2264 | Location: Lost and Found
Noodler
Sea Post King

Skabro1005 wrote:
old people smell funny and drive even worse! Thats what they did to ME.

Skabro Mr. Green

(laughing here!) Define 'old people' please? Do I need to start worrying?-I'm over 25.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

hey, everyone stop bashing the elderly!

i see how it is little jamie...bringin the hate...*glares*

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Hey...if any of us are lucky enough...we'll all be old someday.

Personally, I've met very few old people that I didn't like.
Some have grown into a bitter old prune, but most old people have lived through so many things, that life has brought them much wisdom, and kindness.
I think most of us are afraid of old people, because we see where we are all headed. Age is a mindset. Feelings are something we choose. We all decide how we will come off to people, and how people will perceive us.

HATE is a strong word.

May we all live long enough to be considered "old". Wink
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

kim brings a good point, age is a mindset, look at Boyd and Kim, they're old fogeys that still act like teens Laughing

I'M KIDDING! you act like old fogeys too! HAHA! Laughing

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

This is going to seem really abrasive, but when people say they hate old people, usually they don't understand that it is just their own ignorance getting in the way. That has been my experience, anyhow, and I have had more than my fair share at the ripe old age of 26. No offense intended.

JD

Last edited by jdstories on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I used to not like old people, then I met my Great Uncle Craig. Laughing He is the funniest person alive! Really!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
berlies_
Lost at Forum

I drove through it when I was 4. Does that count?
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

hope i die before i get old
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Let me tell you a story:

I was at my sister-in-law's house before the Superbowl. My sister-in-law is not super-smart, but she does have a wisdom that comes with age. She has a 19 y/o daughter, who she brought into my family through marriage. She is my niece through her mother's marriage to my brother.
Before the game she remarked at how angry she was because they were using some random old person to front the half-time show, instead of someone young. She said she hated old people. That random old person was PAUL MCARTNEY. Anyone see anything wrong with this?

I recently heard of an experiment performed by a young woman. In this experiment she dressed up and put expert make-up on herself to make her look like a 60-70 y/o. She took classes to learn how to walk and act like an old woman. She spent several weeks going out and performing ordinary tasks looking like an old woman. Some of the time she even hung out with old people. What she found out was that she began to be treated like a second-class citizen by those who judged themselves to be significantly younger than her. Also, when she was around older people she found out that they were still the same people they were when they were young. Inside they hadn't changed at all.

Think about it.

JD

Noodler
Sea Post King

ryan fisher wrote:
hope i die before i get old

You already are old....to a 13 year-old. Age is relative
markymark106
Golly, Poster

i love tyler.
its not big.
its not small.
it has whatever you need.

but yeah, traffic sucks cause its growing too fast for the "man" to keep up
Eno_Not_Emo
Sea Post King

I like the Michocana Market.
that place rocked.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

'Cuse me. I guess old to me is 50 and older. I don't like the way old people look at me. I don't like the way old people smell. I don't like the conversations I have with old people. I don't like thinking that one day I will turn into an old person. I'm with Ryan on this one. I hope I die at age 49.
yoetheterrible
Sea Post King

WHAT! I can't wait to be old and retired, I'd like to skip the years of an unsatisfying career, paying off student loans, mortgages, car payments!! O how I hate filling out paper work...But yah Spending money like Jay-Z, riding around in a swheeet RV, Being old rules!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address