Laughing City
Rogue 16
Sea Post King

I will be at the Metro with Mr. Pine. I saw Eisley last summer at Double Doors.
We saw all of them eating right across the street and then at a coffee shop or something. So we got a few pics before the show. Most likely we will be waiting out side before the metro show. Hope to see some of you people there.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

Rogue 16 wrote:
I will be at the Metro with Mr. Pine. I saw Eisley last summer at Double Doors.
We saw all of them eating right across the street and then at a coffee shop or something. So we got a few pics before the show. Most likely we will be waiting out side before the metro show. Hope to see some of you people there.

Yes, I remember Mr. Pine, the one who tried to keep me from getting a setlist. It was kinda funny actually, and I did end up getting one, so maybe I will see some of you guys there.
I don't really mind if they don't sing autographs, when I saw them at the Double Door I didn't have anything else to sign because they had signed all their cd's I had. I do however need an autograph from Boyd. I sure hope I the venue will allow cameras.

monique
Sea Post King

FrozenEye wrote:
I sure hope I the venue will allow cameras.

Everytime I've gone they've allowed cameras. So, you're safe.

gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

monique wrote:
FrozenEye wrote:
I sure hope I the venue will allow cameras.

Everytime I've gone they've allowed cameras. So, you're safe.

I already PM'd Boyd and he said cameras will be allowed.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

FrozenEye wrote:

Yes, I remember Mr. Pine, the one who tried to keep me from getting a setlist. It was kinda funny actually, and I did end up getting one, so maybe I will see some of you guys there.
I don't really mind if they don't sing autographs, when I saw them at the Double Door I didn't have anything else to sign because they had signed all their cd's I had. I do however need an autograph from Boyd. I sure hope I the venue will allow cameras.

thats right, i remember you too!! hahahahahahaha
i cant wait for the show
get to meet more people from the board

we need to devise a system to know who is who, like name tags with our board names on it.

i am game if you are

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

judd wrote:
vintage_people898 wrote:

i had no idea they were so tiny

i was just about to say that they are really short.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Christophjam
Sea Post King

Lantz wrote:
judd wrote:
vintage_people898 wrote:

i had no idea they were so tiny

i was just about to say that they are really short.

I've met those ladies (Tegan and Sara) about three times, and they've been equally short every time. They're wicked cool too. Sara always tells me I have cool clothes. And Tegan and I...we have a bit.
FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

mr pine wrote:
FrozenEye wrote:

thats right, i remember you too!! hahahahahahaha
i cant wait for the show
get to meet more people from the board

we need to devise a system to know who is who, like name tags with our board names on it.

i am game if you are

You and your friend devised a clever plan to box me out from the setlist, but it won't work this time. j/k

Yeah, some kinda of way to identify other boardies would be nice, but it needs to be good. I think we came up with the e on wrist for on of the shoes, but that may not have worked. Any grand ideas?

FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

Metro threads tend to be hard to keep alive. We had this same problem the last time that Eisley played there.

Where is the best place to park when seeing a show at the Metro? I parked across the street for $20 last time, is that a good deal?

Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

I think there was a baseball game going on when Eisley played there with HHH. That always raises the parking prices a ton. If you are willing to walk a lot, it is possible to find neighborhood roads that don't require a permit to park on.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Kappa962 wrote:
I think there was a baseball game going on when Eisley played there with HHH. That always raises the parking prices a ton. If you are willing to walk a lot, it is possible to find neighborhood roads that don't require a permit to park on.

Cubs home opener against the Cardinals is 04/07/2006 (same as the concert). But the game starts at 1:20 so hopefully it is a quick game, no extra innings, and everyone clears out quickly so parking isn't a hassle. If it hasn't sold out yet, maybe there will be some walk-up ticket buying from Cubs or Cardinals fans who hang around after the game. Hard to beat $12 for Eisley, Simon Dawes and Brighten, especially if you're already there.
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

FrozenEye wrote:
Metro threads tend to be hard to keep alive. We had this same problem the last time that Eisley played there.

Where is the best place to park when seeing a show at the Metro? I parked across the street for $20 last time, is that a good deal?

When I went to HOB last month My friend payed 20$ for valet parking. I guess It's good if you can't find a free spot close enough to the metro, but I would get there early to try and find free parking.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:

i am game if you are

We could make matching "laughing city" t-shirts with board names on the back, like jersies.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:

We could make matching "laughing city" t-shirts with board names on the back, like jersies.

a couple of people i know what they look like. so i should be able to notice them. but they dont know what i look like, so they might think i am wierd.

i am still thinking about just taping a piece of paper to my shirt saying my screen name

though laughing city exclusive t shirts/hockey jerseys with our screen names on the back is pretty sweet sounding to me

what does boyd think? we should ask him

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
monique
Sea Post King

To avoid paying big parking fees, the El is always good to take. Drops you right off at Wrigley Field, so you just walk a block to the Metro.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>