Laughing City
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Chad remains a god among webdesigners. I've been in class all evening and will be again tomorrow after working all day, so there's no telling when I can call Dot5 again and chew them out. The customer support guy I spoke with, who as far as I could tell was not a native English speaker (I'm not racist--it's just very difficult and frustrating to deal with thick accents when I'm already frustrated with a difficult situation) gave me some crap about having to check on the "status" of the domain and hinted that there may not be anything they could do about it, which is bull. I followed all the steps to transfer this domain to my new host, and I did it no less than three times, and assumed that since everything was working before it had all gone through. But I should never have underestimated Dot5's ability to screw things up.

In case you can't tell, I am extremely pissed off. I'm gonna try to hammer this out before too much time passes, but it's happened at the worst possible time in terms of my schedule for the next couple of days. For now, orangegoldandgreen.org is the place to be. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

Use the anger and frustration as an outlet to write the best songs of your life so I can have more music for my ears, Hannah! Come on, be an angsty musician!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

loveisachemical wrote:
Use the anger and frustration as an outlet to write the best songs of your life so I can have more music for my ears, Hannah! Come on, be an angsty musician!

Okay, here's the first verse of my new song...

All I wanted to do was update Orange Gold and Green
But then I found out my former hosting provider was really mean

Whaddya think? Wink

Actually, some of my best work has come from total outrage. So I'm sure there's a song in this somewhere.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

loveisachemical wrote:

i didn't think about writing a song, i've just been listening to Metallica's Seek and Destroy over and over

gRegor
the gEek

Ooh, geek music. Sweet. Smile

sorta like "127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.1 on the range"

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I called Dot5 again today after sending half a dozen e-mails over the weekend with no progress made. Supposedly they have one supervisor (whose name is Wilson, just like the first guy I talked to was named Wilson) and he's not on shift right now. I was told that if I call by 10 o'clock Pacific time tomorrow I can speak with "Wilson." This is complete bull. I'm gonna smackdown this Wilson fella if I ever actually get to speak with him. Evil or Very Mad

Smokemonster
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

maybe "Wilson" is really a painted volleyball.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Unregistered wrote:
maybe "Wilson" is really a painted volleyball.

His name is Voit! Wink

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

OGG sucks.
get it together hannah.

its not as if you have anything else to do all evening.

joking i love you really mwah mwah mwah mwah

<< prev | goto page