Laughing City
Connie
Golly, Poster

abusedcat wrote:
turn's out i cant go. im super sad. my grandmotheris going in for surgery, and i need to be with her. sorry guys!

Aww, I hope everything is well!

A couple more days, guys! I'm soooo excited, but puzzled at the same time. How much money do people usually bring to concerts? I want to buy merch. Surprised

Sea Post King

I think I spent about $40 last time. I got 2 shirts and Brighten and Simon Dawes EPs and a couple buttons. I know I got $60 from the ATM and I still had cash when we left...

treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Does anyone have dinner tickets? I'm going with 2 of my friends and we all have dinner tickets, but I'm scared they're going to make us sit up in the balcony Sad Does anyone know how it works there?
Joined: 06 Apr 2006 | Posts: 2522 | Location: Bay Area, California
Dat
Golly, Poster

I have dinner tickets. You don't have to sit up there. You can go to the floor though no problem. I prefer being on the balcony though. You can sit and get a good view of the stage without tall people blocking you. If you're at the stage end of the balcony you'll actually be closer than most people on the floor. Also you can't really see the drummer well from most of the floor, since the stage isn't high enough.
Joined: 15 Jun 2005 | Posts: 578 | Location: San Francisco, CA
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Dat wrote:
I have dinner tickets. You don't have to sit up there. You can go to the floor though no problem. I prefer being on the balcony though. You can sit and get a good view of the stage without tall people blocking you. If you're at the stage end of the balcony you'll actually be closer than most people on the floor. Also you can't really see the drummer well from most of the floor, since the stage isn't high enough.

Thanks for the advice Smile I have more questions... if you don't mind answering them, I'd really appreciate it.
1. Don't they sometimes have the tables on the floor in front of the stage?
2. How many rows are up in the balcony?
3. When can you pick up the tickets at the box office if I pre-ordered them?

Connie
Golly, Poster

treetops12 wrote:
Dat wrote:

Thanks for the advice Smile I have more questions... if you don't mind answering them, I'd really appreciate it.

Ahh that's what I'm wondering too. I've never been to a concert before so this is my first. The name of the place makes me think it's huge. How does this all work anyways?

Vintage Newbie

Connie wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
Dat wrote:

Ahh that's what I'm wondering too. I've never been to a concert before so this is my first. The name of the place makes me think it's huge. How does this all work anyways?

The place isnt that big really. I've never been there, but I've seen pictures of it and read reviews (supposed to have some of the best sound). I'm really stressing out about all this... mostly the seating arrangements... I HAVE to get good seats. Now I just have to find out what the good seats are... or if we'll be able to stand.

Dat
Golly, Poster

1. There won't be any tables on the floor.
2. There aren't rows in the balcony, it's more of a walkway than seating area. That's where they set up tables for you to eat.
3. I don't know how early you can pick up the tickets. I usually buy them will call and just get them from the box office when I get there.

This is a picture from up on the balcony. You can see the tables they set up and sorta imagine the ledge/bar behind my sister you can sit at and peer down.

Here's a picture to give you an idea of the relation of the balcony to the stage. You can see peoples heads poking out.

You don't have to have dinner tickets to go up on the balcony. It's just that people who do have dinner tickets have priority. You can go up there if there's any space after they've opened up the dinner area. I think they stop checking people's tickets around the 2nd band. For instance if people who had dinner tickets wanted to go down to the floor you can take their spot.

Last edited by Dat on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!! Very Happy
Dat
Golly, Poster

3. I just noticed in my confirmation email it says you can pick up tickets on the day of the event. I guess that means you can pick them up any time before the show.
reD x
Sea Post King

I'm going. The Great American Music Hall is the best.

magnetic headbot wrote:
me me me me me. i am going hehe.

Hi Christina! I remember you from the Yahoo! show at The Troubadour.

Skabro1005 wrote:
Who's going? Oh yeah...me...and us. My friend and I are heading out there, hopefully really early to get a good stop in line. He went to a concert earlier and pre-bought our tickets. Yeah! Haha, hopefully see you guys there. Post what you will be wearing the day of so we can all meet up.

I think I met you after the Switchfoot show in San Francisco.
Joined: 24 May 2005 | Posts: 162 | Location: San Francisco, CA
magnetic headbot
Laughing Citizen

reD x wrote:
I'm going. The Great American Music Hall is the best.

magnetic headbot wrote:
me me me me me. i am going hehe.

Hi Christina! I remember you from the Yahoo! show at The Troubadour.

Hey Christian! I remember you too! Yay! Only one more dayyyy!

Last.fm.etsy.tumblr
Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

Soooo...Im goin with my totally awesome friend Jeff! I cant freakin wait! Their last RN tour! Who's all goin and whatcha wearin? I'm gonna be wearing my "Skateboarding is not a sandwhich" T-shirt. Its light brown! Keep an eye out for me kids, and dont forget to say "hi"! See ya later!
i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger