Laughing City
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

happyhardcore19 wrote:
So some of you make me out to be this horrible person and some of you cant reconize like others have that i have asked for forgiveness and that shows i didnt take any pleasure in what i did and that i am extremley sorry. Just to correct one other poster i put the money back because i missed the bus , just in case you didnt read that part.

i read your whole post, but didn't realise you put the money back. i guess i just misunderstood something. sorry.

anyways.

my thoughts on being a "horrible person", "forgiveness", etc:

deep down everyone is a completely horrible, disgusting, and evil, person. deep down everyone is a completely wonderful, beautiful, and virtuous, person. what separates us is our actions. some do horrible things, others do wonderful things, and most do nothing much at all. you did a horrible thing. while you might have feelings of guilt, remorse, and regret, that doesn't somehow make you a "good" person, it makes you a person. everyone feels guilt when they know they've done something wrong.

everything we do is a part of us, and a part of those it affected, and it can never be erased or forgotten, and shouldn't be. whether it is right or wrong, it will always be there. while you didn't go all the way through with it, and you do want to be a better person, and i'm sure will be a better person, you'll still always be the person who stole your mother's money to go see a concert, and nothing can change that.

i don't want to seem like i'm speaking from some sort of feeling of moral superiority, though. i'm not. i'm speaking from life. i'm speaking from a life of being severely wronged, and severely wronging others. i've done worse, and i've had worse done to me. to be completely transparent, i've tried to kill my mother, which is certainly worse than stealing from her. like you i couldn't do it, and like you i feel awful about it, probably worse than even you could ever imagine, and i have changed for the better, and me and my mother have a pretty good relationship at the moment, but i am, and always will be, one of the men who've tried to kill her. "one of" because, sad as it is, every man she ever got truly close to has. her father, her first husband, my father, and me. just putting myself at the end of that list is hard, but it's where i belong. i grew up as a child hearing horror stories about these people, and have been one of the victims in some of them, and now i'm the monster.

you can learn from this, grow from this, and should, and will, but you can never change it.
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
norad
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid, that was a little too much information.
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
do not be afraid, that was a little too much information.

yeah wow.
That makes the first poster look good.

sleepydusk
Sea Post King

patrock and cryptictonight, that's pretty mean if you're serious. This guy needs help and I'm glad do not be afraid. was brave enough to tell his story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thoughtlessbeast
Sea Post King

do not be afraid. wrote:

everyone feels guilt when they know they've done something wrong.

not true. I don't. Not always.

happyhardcore19
Sea Post King

Im choosing to ignore the ignorance of the last few posters who dont know me. The point is I admitted what I did wrong and thats that. Theres nothing i can do to change what I did and maybe i do deserve the rude comments from the last few posters. I'm sorry ,If some people cant accept that and see me for the wonderful person I am (and im not being self absorbed, I just feel good today) . But it doesnt matter , it's not right to kick someone when they are down .To the people who are supporting and continuing to support me including mrs. dupree , and all the positive messages I have recieved thank you so much, it really does mean everything to me. Maybe others like me and do not be afraid will be brave enough to come forward and feel comfortable to tell their storys and to ask for help and forgiveness , I welcome anyone brave enough. Till next time.
-Matthew

StarryxEyed
Sea Post King

Wow..uhm..
You really love Eisley, but I have no comforting words to offer other than to say what another has already said:
Wish you luck when karma catches up to you.

But is it good that you are trying to right things.

knowing me...I would be wallowing in my misery right now if I were you. So you are better person than me ^_^

Anyways, I hope everything works out to the best....
Joined: 26 Mar 2006 | Posts: 232 | Location: Chasing rainbows
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

and people wonder why the band stopped conversing on the forum.Well from now on we can direct them to this thread as to why.
Vintage Newbie

happyhardcore19 wrote:
Im choosing to ignore the ignorance of the last few posters who dont know me. The point is I admitted what I did wrong and thats that. Theres nothing i can do to change what I did and maybe i do deserve the rude comments from the last few posters. I'm sorry ,If some people cant accept that and see me for the wonderful person I am (and im not being self absorbed, I just feel good today) . But it doesnt matter , it's not right to kick someone when they are down .To the people who are supporting and continuing to support me including mrs. dupree , and all the positive messages I have recieved thank you so much, it really does mean everything to me. Maybe others like me and do not be afraid will be brave enough to come forward and feel comfortable to tell their storys and to ask for help and forgiveness , I welcome anyone brave enough. Till next time.
-Matthew

best part...no one was even talking about you for the previous few posts...
happyhardcore19
Sea Post King

That could be it. Maybe im wrong.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Hey peeps....
have you ever done anything you regretted in your life?
I have.
It's called being human , and coming here to tell of what he did, and ask for forgiveness is way bolder than I could have ever done.
I pretty much think he's dealing with his mistake, so...maybe we could lighten up a bit?
I'm not condoning what he did, just saying that we're all human.
I think he has been sufficiently humiliated.
Besides, we do not know anything about his life, and none of us have walked in his shoes. You all know the saying.
Here's hoping that his life will take a turn for the better!
Anyone else agree?
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Hey peeps....
I have.
It's called being human , and coming here to tell of what he did, and ask for forgiveness is way bolder than I could have ever done.
I pretty much think he's dealing with his mistake, so...maybe we could lighten up a bit?
Besides, we do not know anything about his life, and none of us have walked in his shoes. You all know the saying.
Anyone else agree?

Yes.
norad
Vintage Newbie

i don't understand why he is asking for forgiveness from people who don't know him and have nothing to do with the situation.
Confused
Last edited by norad on Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

Kimbrtones wrote:
Hey peeps....
I have.
Anyone else agree?

I agree. Everyone likes to add their own two-cents, and not that it doesn't mean anything, or that it's completely wrong but no one has the right to pass judgment on anyone 'til they have <s>literally</s> (I guess that should be figuratively, hah) walked a mile in that person's shoes. And once more, the fact that this person feels such remorse is very encouraging. A lot people would do what that person did, and not give it another thought, or at least not enough thought to ask for forgiveness. I find this post commendable.
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
Last edited by LeslieAnnLevine on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:

Quote:
i don't understand why he is asking for forgiveness from people who don't know him

That's a good point. I think none of us really "understand" anything about this person, or his life. He did open himself up for judgement when he made a bold confession of what he had done, but we really cannot know or understand anything about his life.

I gotta run for now....Chad is moving to town, so I have to go fetch him from the airport!
yay! Chad partay! Smile
oh...that would be Sherri's Chad not our forum Chad. Embarassed
Not that forum Chad couldn't bring a party, but just clarifying. (sp?)