Laughing City
Kaity
Sea Post King

i don't know what show you're going to be at, but anyone else going to birmingham academy; these are your best bets at meeting anyone:
bottom right of the stage where the barrier ends is where ive met about 3 people, walking out of the door, but make sure you run over as it doesn't take long for other people to catch on.

ive spotted a few hanging around the bar, but no one i was too interested in meeting.

and as the merchisin like a box and usually massive queues i havent seen anyone hanging around there but it's good to look!!

i cant wait!!

and haha at me just posting that as a new thread.. cor..
Valerie
Lost at Forum

I'd like to believe that everyone here is already smarter than this, but I've gotta be sure.
I've seen a lot of people with this strange notion that a band will somehow magically appear, *poof*, at the merch table. Being the one running merch and having a crowd standing in front of you, blocking the people who actually want to make a purchase, this is annoying and ridiculous. So, out of kindness for the business end of this matter, just remember that they use doors like everyone else, so you don't have to clog up the table, which would leave you unhappy anyway when you notice everyone else talking to them first.
Joined: 21 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1114 | Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Valerie wrote:
I'd like to believe that everyone here is already smarter than this, but I've gotta be sure.
I've seen a lot of people with this strange notion that a band will somehow magically appear, *poof*, at the merch table. Being the one running merch and having a crowd standing in front of you, blocking the people who actually want to make a purchase, this is annoying and ridiculous. So, out of kindness for the business end of this matter, just remember that they use doors like everyone else, so you don't have to clog up the table, which would leave you unhappy anyway when you notice everyone else talking to them first.

Oh yeah, that too. I've mentioned in other threads (just not this one) to stand NEAR the merch table, but not to block it so that people can actually ... you know, buy merch. It's not a sure shot at meeting the band, it's just a nice general location to start if you need one.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
ive spotted a few hanging around the bar, but no one i was too interested in meeting.

I don't think they'll be hanging out by the bar Laughing

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I say... hang around for ages before. well, about an hour.

or after.

At the larger venues I don't imagine they'll be watching the band from the audience's view. I've met (or could've met, had I had the nerve) plenty of bands at venues where there's like 200 max. because they just hang out, you know, in the main bit.

maybe at the merch stand.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
Igaveflowerstostacy wrote:
and keep a sharp eye out for this man.

i can only dream that he will be around.

*sigh*

...goblin king...

creepy Shocked

forestdweller
Sea Post King

If HE is around then we must all take special measures and call upon the rocks with Ludo.
Smile
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Seems they like Starbucks a whole lot. I would stake out the closest Starbucks to the venue. Of course now that I said that it will never work. Very Happy
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

forestdweller wrote:
If HE is around then we must all take special measures and call upon the rocks with Ludo.
Smile

i would just touch his hair.
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

For glasgow; merch table.
Kaity
Sea Post King

treetops12 wrote:
Quote:

I don't think they'll be hanging out by the bar Laughing

haha it's a pretty open bar, like, i can't really explain it haha.