Laughing City
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

what a loser. Rolling Eyes
seriously, they should be throwing roses to them, it's not as if they're a bunch of arrogant, talentless creeps wasting your time and keeping you from your precious band...openers happen. and in my opinion, they're more talneted than TBS, but whatever..i just hope stacy realizes that for the one rude moron that doesn't get them, there's a 1000 of us that do..and adore them and wish we had bouquets to give them.
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
Connie
Golly, Poster

I bet you that person was drunk.
Vintage Newbie

jeez.

The way that the girls handled it just put them higher in my list of very very cool bands.

amen to Boyd's thoughts about that person. sheesh. It's bad enough when people talk during a show, let alone throw stuff at them? crikey.

OK, well, given the opportunity I would throw myself at them... Rolling Eyes Laughing

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
gundamit
Golly, Poster

Meh. This would be shocking if the crowd had been a bunch of adoring Eisley fans. With hundreds of people there to see another band and only one poorly aimed plastic beer bottle, why not look at the bottle as half full instead of half empty? All but one fan waited for TBS patiently while Eisely played. Im sure more than one TBS fan is now an Eisley fan now. I'd like to think the bottle thrower might be one of them, rather than hoping he got his face punched.

I can understand why Boyd wrote about it though. He shoots from the hip and when anyone throws anything at your kid you're going to want to wade into the crowd with a baseball bat. Its natural, but no one lost their heads, Boyd or the band.

@Patrock - Based on the demographic of the crowd you might be fairly safe saying it was probably a guy throwing the bottle, but taken with your recent "pants" comment it looks like your singling out one gender for stupid behavior. Half the planet anxiously awaits your apology. Wink
norad
Vintage Newbie

gundamit wrote:
@Patrock - Based on the demographic of the crowd you might be fairly safe saying it was probably a guy throwing the bottle, but taken with your recent "pants" comment it looks like your singling out one gender for stupid behavior. Half the planet anxiously awaits your apology. Wink

i don't know what the word "apology" means.
so i can not give you a comment.
Wink
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

kyle wrote:
their music isn't punk!

Note to whoever said that at the NFG show: NFG aren't punk, either.

Why is it always Stacy that gets targeted? If you're gonna throw beer, be an equal opportunity beerthrower. Wink Seriously though, had I been there I would have sought out the guy and found a glass bottle to break over his head.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deviluck
Golly, Poster

Though in honesty, that night.. i saw more people chucked shoes and things at TBS than eisley!

Its out of appreciation, or either.. total idiotic..ness.. that does it =)

Things like that.. should be taken with a smile.. and a simple mind barrier can prevent it. Eisley should just make a lil joke like even in their heads like "hah.. you should enter the special olympics" .. lol that made me laugh.. but maybe its harsh.. but you get the point

DA Gallery
Myspace
If Eisley are ever in the UK, wanting some photos done =) do ask!
Connie
Golly, Poster

They should have a rule where you can't bring anything in. And if you do want to bring something, you have to be locked into a room so that you can't harm anyone.
Vintage Newbie

Connie wrote:
They should have a rule where you can't bring anything in. And if you do want to bring something, you have to be locked into a room so that you can't harm anyone.

I'm guessing the venue has a bar where the guy bought his drink. Most large venues have strict rules against anything that can be used as a weapon, but they also make copious amounts of alcoholic beverages available. Go figure.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Connie
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:
Connie wrote:

I'm guessing the venue has a bar where the guy bought his drink. Most large venues have strict rules against anything that can be used as a weapon, but they also make copious amounts of alcoholic beverages available. Go figure.

They should serve their drinks in paper cups then. Wink

Lost at Forum

Deviluck wrote:
Though in honesty, that night.. i saw more people chucked shoes and things at TBS than eisley!

Things like that.. should be taken with a smile.. and a simple mind barrier can prevent it. Eisley should just make a lil joke like even in their heads like "hah.. you should enter the special olympics" .. lol that made me laugh.. but maybe its harsh.. but you get the point

Whether the guy was appreciating Eisley or not, it still not ok to throw...anything at them really. Maybe roses.

Clapping is a much safer, more Eisley-friendly way of showing your appreciation. Or if you have to throw something, throw your voice out into the crowd and cheer.

Last edited by OceanMachine on Sun May 21, 2006 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Deviluck wrote:

Sooooooo I guess next time I see Eisley live I should bring a brick to throw on stage? Rolling Eyes Wink

(Not rolling my eyes at you, cuz you're probably right with people being rough for fun but still! Different strokes for different folks i guess)
evilocdsquirrel13

treetops12 wrote:
I know! That made me so mad and I'm not even Stacy! He/she needs to learn some manners Mad

yes. grr. that made me want to march right over there and...grrrr.
 |  | 
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Connie wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Connie wrote:

But then the drunks would have plenty of paper to throw at them. Wink
Connie
Golly, Poster

gregorydymitrowicz wrote:
Connie wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Connie wrote:

But then the drunks would have plenty of paper to throw at them. Wink

Laughing