Laughing City
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Eh, well like I said, I'm glad we now have a better idea of what went on, but I don't think that any of us that weren't there really have a right to draw conclusions about who's been wronged or anything of the sort.
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

patrock wrote:
they were basically making fun of eisley fans.
saying they were certain members of the band.
and giving out fake aim screen names claiming they were certain band member's screen names.

I am the biggest Eisley fan out there, and I love Eisley fans, but I gotta say that sounds super funny to me. Why should that be taken seriously?
norad
Vintage Newbie

Kappa962 wrote:
patrock wrote:
they were basically making fun of eisley fans.
saying they were certain members of the band.
and giving out fake aim screen names claiming they were certain band member's screen names.

I am the biggest Eisley fan out there, and I love Eisley fans, but I gotta say that sounds super funny to me. Why should that be taken seriously?

you obviously missed the point.
i'm done with this topic.
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

I can't judge because I wasn't there, but it kind of makes me really sad that people would do that. I mean here are just nice people, good fans--they don't need to be patronized like that. That is just really rude.

I hope it was just a misunderstanding...

Some situations can be funny for some people online, because they are so removed from the actual situation. They can hide behind a computer, and just do and say whatever they want out of boredom or spite, or just for amusement. But people shouldn't be so careless and insenstivie. These are REAL people, and they don't deserve to be messed around with like that.

Last edited by cryptictonight on Mon May 29, 2006 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
Eh, well like I said, I'm glad we now have a better idea of what went on, but I don't think that any of us that weren't there really have a right to draw conclusions about who's been wronged or anything of the sort.

not really. they made fun of eisley fans in general, and imo, they deserve every complaint that they get. cause that's all that they're going to have to face, there's not going to be any immediate consequences. the benefit of an internet sheild is pretty conveinent.
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

"dupree" and "jerk" are antonyms. i dont know what happened but i dont think it would be possible for any of them to be jerky..they deal with things way better than i know i could. i'm sorry people are always trying to bring you guys down, some way or another, if it's not impersonators, it's "haters"..it's obvious they're just jealous.
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
boone
Vintage Newbie

LeslieAnnLevine wrote:
"dupree" and "jerk" are antonyms. i dont know what happened but i dont think it would be possible for any of them to be jerky..they deal with things way better than i know i could. i'm sorry people are always trying to bring you guys down, some way or another, if it's not impersonators, it's "haters"..it's obvious they're just jealous.

Nobody's perfect, and people are fickle. Some people think I'm a pretty nice guy, and other people think I'm a jerk.

Maybe Christie et al were just trying to be silly, and it was taken way further than they wanted it to go, and fell into a "jerky" moment. It's happened to me before, I've been an accidental jerk. A lot.

And it has nothing to do with being a Dupree.

Kicks
Sea Post King

I thought christie was funny.
I think she should go in there more often and put you people in your places.

-
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

LeslieAnnLevine wrote:

suck up post of the year contender

Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
Quote:
sorry, but I don't find family and friends of the band mocking the real fans funny...and then getting defended over it on here makes it worse.

ever heard the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you" ?

Paul...Boyd feeds the band. Wink Laughing

anyway...I have now had the privilege of reading the text of what the controversy is all about, and coming from a place of rarely participating in a chat, it was hard for me to see what everyone is pissed about, except for a few comments by a certain person, and it's hard for me to really understand why everyone got mad.
To me, it's not a whole lot different than the way people everywhere just blurt out stuff on the internet.
I agree that it did look like there were some comments that leaned toward the "mocking" of certain Eisley fans. That is inexcusable to me, and just rude, if it were to come from one of my kids. I will double check that, but even their friends need to have more respect for Eisley fans, whether they think they would like them as a person, or not.
It did seem like the chatter was pretty immature, and maybe it was all in jest, but that can lead to bad feelings, and it obviously has.
Hopefully, we can come to a resolve soon.
gah! I have people walking in my door....gotta run for now.
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

boone wrote:
LeslieAnnLevine wrote:

Nobody's perfect, and people are fickle. Some people think I'm a pretty nice guy, and other people think I'm a jerk.

Maybe Christie et al were just trying to be silly, and it was taken way further than they wanted it to go, and fell into a "jerky" moment. It's happened to me before, I've been an accidental jerk. A lot.

And it has nothing to do with being a Dupree.
i wouldn't say that you're a "jerk", but that was unnecessary..it's like anytime i try to say something, i don't know..silly, you or someone, has to take it out of context. so uh, yeah, anyway, I guess i'll just not reply to anything anymore because it will forever be wrong. Rolling Eyes
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

homesick_alien wrote:
LeslieAnnLevine wrote:

suck up post of the year contender
how is it sucking up? i have nothing to gain. but i guess it would just be cooler to constantly bring up their imperfections, right?
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

Kicks wrote:
I thought christie was funny.
I think she should go in there more often and put you people in your places.

-

Yes, becuase all of us need to be put in our places, and you.. you certainly do not.

Rolling Eyes

All of this is just non sense.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:

surely now they'll get some home cooking, right Kim? Wink

I didn't find the chat abusive or the like,I found it more rude and patronizing to a group of people who were there in the chatroom in support of the band, most people in the chat left because of the way they were behaving, that in itself proves there was a problem I think.

In any case I do respect the fact you coming on here to respond, even if once again we don't see eye to eye on a subject.

and leslieannwhateveryournameis...I don't know why you're sucking up,maybe to score forum "cool points".I don't "constantly bring up the bands imperfections" but I'm not going to sit here and agree with everything a DuPree ever says or does just because who they are....unlike some

Lost at Forum

[quote="homesick_alien"]
Kimbrtones wrote:
homesick_alien wrote:
Quote:

surely now they'll get some home cooking, right Kim? Wink

I didn't find the chat abusive or the like,I found it more rude and patronizing to a group of people who were there in the chatroom in support of the band, most people in the chat left because of the way they were behaving, that in itself proves there was a problem I think.

In any case I do respect the fact you coming on here to respond, even if once again we don't see eye to eye on a subject.

and leslieannwhateveryournameis...I don't "constantly bring up the bands imperfections" but I'm not going to sit here and agree with everything a DuPree ever says or does just because who they are....unlike some
i wasnt singling you out, it just seems that if someone says something nice about eisley, they're some kind of mindless sheep. no one has to agree, but i dont see a problem with agreeing. and i obviously dont know what happened, i was just being silly, i guess from now own after every sentence i'll have to parenthesize the fact that i'm not being fully serious.