Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
marshking
Sea Post King

Um, it's getting pathetic how on the forum there are definite, almost clique-like groups of those more elite than thou types who think they have a right to chew anyone out or get smart-alick for almost no reason.

I highly doubt the person who said "IMMA KILL SOMEONE" really meant for anyone to take offense, because I really do not believe that person is going to take a frozen lamb leg to Boyd's head in his sleep.

You all are trying to defend yourselves saying that you couldn't "tell" that the person was meaning for the post to be taken lightly... we know you're all not THAT naive. You just want the grandeur that comes with giving people snappy comments.

Calling someone a stalker for joking around is FOOLISH, and I think even Boyd himself would agree with that.

I do sympathize with Boyd and the kids, however, because obviously they are going through hectic times now, but the person wasn't honestly threatening Boyd or being seriously demanding, and you all KNOW that.

Everyone needs to chill out; there is enough drama in our (the forum members as a whole) real lives.

PS: Good job telling someone to go get "hobbies" for wanting a new journal entry posted. You're the ones trying to be bullies over the ~*internetz*~

1...2...3... ATTACK.

Last edited by marshking on Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

Oh, shut up. Rolling Eyesjk
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Marshking - I put one of these Very Happy , one of these Confused and one of these Razz in my posts. The original post had none of those, was in all caps, was quite rude, and overly demanding of Boyd's time, IMO. I saw/see the attempt at humor. That is why I responded with my emoticons.
Clark
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Oh, shut up. Rolling Eyesjk

You and your booby traps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

marshking wrote:
PS: Good job telling someone to go get "hobbies" for wanting a new journal entry posted. You're the ones trying to be bullies over the ~*internetz*~

Seriously, don't you guys spend 24/7 on here? Talk about getting a hobby. Razz

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

marshking wrote:
Um, it's getting pathetic how on the forum there are definite, almost clique-like groups of those more elite than thou types who think they have a right to chew anyone out or get smart-alick for almost no reason.

I highly doubt the person who said "IMMA KILL SOMEONE" really meant for anyone to take offense, because I really do not believe that person is going to take a frozen lamb leg to Boyd's head in his sleep.

You all are trying to defend yourselves saying that you couldn't "tell" that the person was meaning for the post to be taken lightly... we know you're all not THAT naive. You just want the grandeur that comes with giving people snappy comments.

Calling someone a stalker for joking around is FOOLISH, and I think even Boyd himself would agree with that.

I do sympathize with Boyd and the kids, however, because obviously they are going through hectic times now, but the person wasn't honestly threatening Boyd or being seriously demanding, and you all KNOW that.

Everyone needs to chill out; there is enough drama in our (the forum members as a whole) real lives.

1...2...3... ATTACK.

Well, I thought I made my standpoint crystal clear, but I guess I'll just have to say it all again. I found the original post highly offensive, not only in the way it was written but also the sentiment it expressed. Jokingly or not (and I say again, there was no indication of a joking spirit), it's extremely obnoxious to demand that Boyd take time out of his undeniably busy schedule--especially so close to Sherri's wedding--and update us on the minutiae of the DuPrees' lives. This is the time of year when Eisley-related news items are few and far between, and people need to respect that. Unfortunately we've all grown so used to the frequency of posts during, say, a major tour or the recording of an album that we forget what it's like to be "out of the loop" for a short period of time, regardless of whether there's much of a loop to be in at the moment.

I responded according to my own feelings on how I hope we would all treat the DuPrees in general and Boyd in particular. Kim and the mods have said it before--this forum is like looking into their living room. Do you walk up to strangers' houses, pound on their doors, and ask them what's going on? I didn't think so. Yet it would seem the majority of Laughing Citizens here find it easier to take the thread's original post "lightly" than to acknowledge that no one has the right to say crap like that. I don't care whether "IMMA KILL SOMEONE" was a real threat or not; the message behind it was clear, and demonstrated a lack of respect for Eisley and their family.

Finally, I have never professed to being "more elite than thou," in my response to this thread's initial post or any other post I've made. I don't appreciate that accusation at all. I don't act the way I act because I believe I'm better than anyone else or because I want the grandeur of snapping at someone; if I "chew out" someone it's because I believe they acted inappropriately. If you believe I acted inappropriately, feel free to chew me out for that, but don't try to call my cliquish or elitist. I don't work that way.

treetops12 wrote:
marshking wrote:

Seriously, don't you guys spend 24/7 on here? Talk about getting a hobby. Razz

No, actually, I don't. I work forty hours a week and spend much of my free time making music, writing, and reading. I don't prowl this forum waiting for people I can pounce on when they say something stupid.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
girl*from*mars
Laughing Citizen

I thought the original post came off pretty rude. I'm with hannah and cubs on this one... go do something besides check boyd's journal every five minutes. wait, unless you really need to know what color of shoes stacy wore today or something... in that case we should just make boyd start journaling about that every morning.

and some of you are way beyond sensitive.

norad
Vintage Newbie

I must say, when Boyd has something about the BAND to say then he'll say it.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I saw the Dupree's on Sunday at the shower. The only bit of gossip I have for you guys is that they finished season 4 of 24 and they are about to start season 5! Chew on that one for awhile! Laughing
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

jamiga wrote:
I saw the Dupree's on Sunday at the shower. The only bit of gossip I have for you guys is that they finished season 4 of 24 and they are about to start season 5! Chew on that one for awhile! Laughing

phew! i feel like i've just breathed for the first time in 8 days Razz
norad
Vintage Newbie

jamiga wrote:

OMGZZZ!!!1 What Was Stacey wearingz?!?? *droolz*
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
jamiga wrote:

OMGZZZ!!!1 What Was Stacey wearingz?!?? *droolz*

i didn't know senator obama was a sarcastic eisley fan Wink
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Must see season 5 of 24 within the next 24 hours... Laughing

Clark
Vintage Newbie

I don't get what's wrong with a simple "well boyd's real busy right now and sherri's getting married so he doesn't have much time to post... etc etc" instead of... this.

Hannah, if it makes you feel any better, I can give you a 99.99% guarantee that the creator of this thread will not murder anyone because Boyd hasn't posted anything.

Though... there is a small chance that a serial killer is an eisley fan and has been a member of this forum for a while now... waiting to kill! So in that case, lets open the flood-gate of rude comments!!
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

Clark wrote:
I don't get what's wrong with a simple "well boyd's real busy right now and sherri's getting married so he doesn't have much time to post... etc etc" instead of... this.

Hannah, if it makes you feel any better, I can give you a 99.99% guarantee that the creator of this thread will not murder anyone because Boyd hasn't posted anything.

Though... there is a small chance that a serial killer is an eisley fan and has been a member of this forum for a while now... waiting to kill! So in that case, lets open the flood-gate of rude comments!!

i agree for general cases, but like hannah said twice, the delivery of the message generated the tone of her response.

the ideal reply you gave goes along with an ideal first post... something like "hey, why hasn't boyd been updating his journal lately?"

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>