Saellys
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
tahruh wrote:
And Liberals are pinned as the crazy Conspiracy Theorists. Rolling Eyes Wink

CTRL + F

"sarcasm detector"

NOT FOUND

That thing has been on the blink all day!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
Huh, what? Laughing

I'm not a Papa Bear loving conservative, and I don't believe global warming is a conspiracy theory (although, I did think of that today. How cool would that be!?)

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
tahruh wrote:
Huh, what? Laughing

I'm not a Papa Bear loving conservative, and I don't believe global warming is a conspiracy theory (although, I did think of that today. How cool would that be!?)
Haha, it would be cool in the sense that if the government is going to conspire against it's people, it would be to enrich their quality of life and the lives of non-human beings around them, which I guess is better than being attacked and it blamed on a minority group, then yeah...?

I don't know, I actually am not a Conspiracy Theorist. As interesting as I find some of them, I don't buy most of it..one any side, but at the same time, I wouldn't put anything past a government official. I just think it's silly to think that Al Gore got together with some leftist "heads" and thunked up Global Warming to scare people into using only one square of toilet paper. Yeah, it's possible, but it's a stretch, just as 9/11 conspiracies claiming that we were attacked by our own president. Possible? Yes, but again, it's a stretch.
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

my issue with global warming is that... the planet has gone through phases forever. ice age, hello? wasn't florida supposed to be underwater right now?

it's just not happening the way they keep pretending it will.. i think it's a theory that's trumped up to whip people into fighting pollution. that's all well and good, but don't be tellin' me that we're all going to be consumed by water in the next 25 years. it's bull.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
tahruh wrote:
Huh, what? Laughing

Haha, it would be cool in the sense that if the government is going to conspire against it's people, it would be to enrich their quality of life and the lives of non-human beings around them, which I guess is better than being attacked and it blamed on a minority group, then yeah...?

I don't know, I actually am not a Conspiracy Theorist. As interesting as I find some of them, I don't buy most of it..one any side, but at the same time, I wouldn't put anything past a government official. I just think it's silly to think that Al Gore got together with some leftist "heads" and thunked up Global Warming to scare people into using only one square of toilet paper. Yeah, it's possible, but it's a stretch, just as 9/11 conspiracies claiming that we were attacked by our own president. Possible? Yes, but again, it's a stretch.

I'm pretty sure all conspiracies are true. It's just that the culprits behind all these conspiracies are the Black Crusaders.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

amidthestars wrote:
but don't be tellin' me that we're all going to be consumed by water in the next 25 years. it's bull.

That would be another great ad campaign for global warming.

"You don't want to end up like Waterworld do you?"

Aw man, that movie SUCKED!"

*buys hybrid*

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
markr
Lost at Forum

good enviorionmental policy is identical to good enconomic policy, if we want to measure our economy and this is how we should be measuring it- based on how it produces jobs and the dignity of those jobs and how it creates opportunity and how it preserves the value of our nations assets . if, on the other hand , you want to treat the planet the way the current washington regieme does , like its a business in liquidation to convert our natural resources to cash as quickly as possible , to have a few years of pollution based prosperity , you can then create the short term illusion of a prosperous economy, but our children are going to pay for the joy ride , they are going to pay for it with denuded landscapes and poor health and huge cleanup costs,that they are never going to be able to pay. envioronmental injury is deficet spending , it is a way of loading the costs of our prosperity unto the backs of future generations
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
amidthestars wrote:
but don't be tellin' me that we're all going to be consumed by water in the next 25 years. it's bull.

That would be another great ad campaign for global warming.

"You don't want to end up like Waterworld do you?"

Aw man, that movie SUCKED!"

*buys hybrid*

Or the Day After Tomorrow. /SHUDDER

"Do you want to endure bad dialogue forevermore?"

"OH GOD, NO!"

/converts to solar power

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

LOL. I saw that movie in theater. The whole time I was like "why is the frost racing across the land, it doesn't make any sense!"

Even Ian Holms couldn't save that movie.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Whether we are the primary cause of global warming or not I think we need to get off oil for two big reasons. Motor vehicles are one of the biggest emitters of air pollution and too much oil comes from politically unstable parts of the world. Or maybe this is what is causing all the global warming!!:

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

kulvir wrote:
Or maybe this is what is causing all the global warming!!:

Good call.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

vintage_snowflake wrote:
kulvir wrote:
Or maybe this is what is causing all the global warming!!:

Good call.

It looks like he's watching the Day After Tomorrow on that TV...

<< prev | goto page