Laughing City
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

that would be cool though. haha OGG ITALIAN-STYLE!

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
Lady_Gown
Sea Post King

keltica wrote:
If they ever come to Rome they should let me know, I could give them a guided tour, lol!

I wish you luck with that then :] I already offered them a guided tour and free lodging if they came on tour here, but, no sign they will so far. Sad
Joined: 02 May 2006 | Posts: 274 | Location: Asteroid B-612
keltica
Golly, Poster

Well any American comes to Rome at least once in his lifetime!
Eventually they will too. Very Happy

I went to an English school from kindergarden to middle school and to an American one during my high school years - we have 8 international high schools in Rome (American - St. Stephen's (my school), Overseas; English - St. George's, New School; Spanish - Cervantes; German School; French - Chateaubriand; Swiss School).

Anyways I'll send boyd a pm to ask him too.

Thx!

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy
keltica
Golly, Poster

here's a quick peep at the site:

http://www.freewebs.com/eisleyitalia

It's still under construction and there's much to be done!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Ohh, cool.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
keltica
Golly, Poster

If anyone has any information, any advice please let me know.

Once the site is ready I'll make a bilingual version (english-italian) so other Europeans can have access to it to and you all can too.

If there are enough people visiting it I'll pass to a real site, it's as low as 4 euros here in Italy: proper domain, high bandwith etc.

Lady_Gown
Sea Post King

The site looks really cool so far. Smile
Joined: 02 May 2006 | Posts: 274 | Location: Asteroid B-612
Last edited by Lady_Gown on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Look good so far. If you can get a huge buzz about them like Malaysia is trying to do, then who knows. Hand out CD-R promos with a couple tracks from Combinations/Room Noises. Get everyone who liked to contact the record label (put an e-mail in the promo case (with your website address of course)). Keep it up.
keltica
Golly, Poster

Thanks for all of this! Very Happy

Sorry oliez didn't get your last sentence about the record label.

I'm going to work hard to get Eisley into Italy and Italian radios.

What's this thing about Malaysia?

oliez
Vintage Newbie

keltica wrote:
Thanks for all of this! Very Happy

Sorry oliez didn't get your last sentence about the record label.

I'm going to work hard to get Eisley into Italy and Italian radios.

What's this thing about Malaysia?

sorry.

I meant to burn some blank CDs with a couple Eisley tacks and pass them out with an inset with Warner Brother's e-mail (telling them to e-mail WB if they want Eisley in Italy). When I do it I use paperbag cases. They're easy to make and they're very cheap.

http://emptyhousecooperative.blogspot.com/2006/07/dmcs-diy-paper-lunch -bag-cd-covers.html

A bunch of fans in Malaysia keep on asking the band to come. They have get togethers and take pictures. They sent one to Boyd showing that there is already a pretty big fan base (big for a country that hasn't had any promotion).
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Well, you also need to consider the person that took the photo. If they didn't take it they shouldn't get credit for the photo itself. You need to make sure they specify.
Besides...I wouldn't even try to make a gallery. Seeing how I've got you beat by over 3,000. Wink

Sheer numbers isn't what makes a good gallery though. My problem with the OGG gallery was the fact that it was overwhelmingly huge with no real organization system.

I think it would be nice to organize a photo gallery by certain criteria. Like by date or by venue (for live shots). I know there was some organization in the old gallery but not enough to help with the massive number of photos. I think it would be far better to keep only the best photos along with a good system for organizing. I understand there were limitations for various reasons, but I think that's even more reason to start small and strong. Hopefully you'll take that as constructive criticism rather than ragging on OGG.

My other complaint about the OGG gallery was the fact that many photos were posted without being credited. I understand that people could lay claim to a photo and have their names applied... but that was only after they discovered the uncredited photo was there. Credits should be established and verified first before photos are posted.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
norad
Vintage Newbie

rmlawrence wrote:
patrock wrote:
Well, you also need to consider the person that took the photo. If they didn't take it they shouldn't get credit for the photo itself. You need to make sure they specify.
Besides...I wouldn't even try to make a gallery. Seeing how I've got you beat by over 3,000. Wink

Sheer numbers isn't what makes a good gallery though. My problem with the OGG gallery was the fact that it was overwhelmingly huge with no real organization system.

I think it would be nice to organize a photo gallery by certain criteria. Like by date or by venue (for live shots). I know there was some organization in the old gallery but not enough to help with the massive number of photos. I think it would be far better to keep only the best photos along with a good system for organizing. I understand there were limitations for various reasons, but I think that's even more reason to start small and strong. Hopefully you'll take that as constructive criticism rather than ragging on OGG.

My other complaint about the OGG gallery was the fact that many photos were posted without being credited. I understand that people could lay claim to a photo and have their names applied... but that was only after they discovered the uncredited photo was there. Credits should be established and verified first before photos are posted.

Well dood, i was joking about the amount of photos. And uh, I try to credit as well as I can and most live shots are (I think) I can't check or anything. But I'm sure all live shots that go into the live (as well as the more so promo shots) album are credited so shush up about that. also tried to figure out a way to make the live albums more orginaized but by that time I had no idea what shows most of the picutres were taken at (and honestly it doesnt matter) and I didnt want to have 500 different albums.
Actually i'd like to say that statement about the photos not being credited is a load of bull**** since I always credit photographers.
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

having a different album for each individual show would be way too hectic.

i'm all for organization, but there is such a thing as too much, especially with that many photos. maybe if nora got paid for this, the album could be more perfect for those who actually care about that stuff, cuz she could spend more time on it. lol. in the mean time, i think it's fine the way it is. it fulfills it's purpose. plus nora's done a grand job doing what she can with what she is given.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

oliez wrote:
http://emptyhousecooperative.blogspot.com/2006/07/dmcs-diy-pape r-lunch-bag-cd-covers.html

That is brilliant.

rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Actually i'd like to say that statement about the photos not being credited is a load of bull**** since I always credit photographers.

My photos weren't credited. In fact, I don't recall giving permission for them to be displayed (I could be wrong about that though). Unfortunately, the site isn't around for proof.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number