Sea Post King

"Memories", always.

And now probably "Sunfeet".

muruch
Sea Post King

"I Wasn't Prepared"
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Ooh, good question. I always wondering this. Then I usually pick wrong. Confused

But yes, depends on the person most definitely. Marvelous Things got my attention first when I saw the video on some program. Then I looked up Eisley and found the "Head Against the Sky" EP. However, that same order doesn't seem to work for everyone!

Since you asked from the new album, I'd go with "Taking Control," "Go Away," or "Invasion." At least for those mainstream people. I would also think about "Combinations," that song is different but soooo good.

From Room Noises...the first 5 tracks. If they don't like any of those tracks, they just may not like Eisley. (weirdos! Wink)
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

With this new album.... I would use three tracks in a row.

Go Away, ICBTFY, Come Clean.

Maybe not the strongest pick of the collective tracks, but to me, they're wonderful examples of how the writing has strengthened with this album.

Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

Not Invasion. I think that is the worst possible single out of all Eisley songs. Great, but not a mass appeal pop single. I'd say 'Taking Control' for the rock crowd, 'Combinations' for the Ellen/daytime crowd, and 'I Wasn't Prepared (re-produced by R. Gibbs) for the accidently hearing masses (supermarkets, bookstores, TV background music, etc.).
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I play them the album.

case in point: my friend had heard Taking Control on the radio (Dermot O'Leary). I was at a friend's house yesterday. I had Room Noises with me, on the off chance that he had heard Taking Control on the radio the day before. He had. He liked. I put on Room Noises. I put it on his computer. I left it there. I really wanted to listen to it last night, as well! Twisted Evil

That said, I did make a mix tape with, I think, Sea King, Telescope Eyes version 2, Mr Pine, and maybe Plenty of Paper.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

muruch wrote:
"I Wasn't Prepared"

great choice! Very Happy (it's the song that i was introduced to by a friend. Smile)
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

Luke's Mom wrote:
Not Invasion. I think that is the worst possible single out of all Eisley songs. Great, but not a mass appeal pop single. I'd say 'Taking Control' for the rock crowd, 'Combinations' for the Ellen/daytime crowd, and 'I Wasn't Prepared (re-produced by R. Gibbs) for the accidently hearing masses (supermarkets, bookstores, TV background music, etc.).

I agree. I don't think Invasion was a good choice for the single. I'm not saying I have a better choice, though. I'd have a hard time picking one out of the whole CD.

The first song by them I ever heard was Head Against the Sky. A friend sent me the EP2 in late 2003 and I fell in love. But it really doesn't represent Eisley anymore!
Vampirate
Sea Post King

I'm going to agree with the "it depends on the person" statement.
For me, it was They All Surrounded Us.
My grandfather loves Go Away because it reminds him of oldies.
My mum digs Just Like We Do.
My brother, who's main love in music is metal and punk likes to sing along to Go Away and Come Clean. Very Happy

verdantmemories
Sea Post King

I got hooked on the band with "One Day I Slowly Floated Away", but I usually have people listen to "Memories."
Joined: 20 Aug 2007 | Posts: 38 | Location: Trying to find a way above the treetops...
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

The movie "Invasion' has totally bombed. Best to gain a bit of distance from that. Playing it on Conan might confuse.
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

Luke's Mom wrote:
The movie "Invasion' has totally bombed.

I was so excited for it, too!
RJ Mac
Sea Post King

I usually use Trolley Wood, Brightly Wound, or Memories.

"Even when the rain falls
Even when the flood starts risin'
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water

Even when the earth crumbles under my feet
Even when the ones I love turn around and crucify me
I won't ever, ever let you down
Won't go, won't go, won't go as long as You're around me"
Joined: 15 Jul 2007 | Posts: 189 | Location: Sprint Car Capitol Of The World (Knoxville Raceway....we're the one!)
Mister_Pine
Sea Post King

Luke's Mom wrote:
The movie "Invasion' has totally bombed. Best to gain a bit of distance from that. Playing it on Conan might confuse.
I liked the movie... I saw it yesterday and was very pleased with their version.

As for what song you should use to introduce someone to eisley... that's a hard one for me to say too.

I'd say "Taking Control" is a good one though. imo, it's a very mainstream kind of song that a lot of people could like.

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Sunfeet from the new ep Smile. No, it really does depend on the person. Golly Sandra and Marvelous Things maybe. From Combinations I think Taking Control might be ok, the chorus may be too mainstream sounding to represent correctly but the little bridge is unique. Invasion has that Coldplay type piano to hook but has the awesome " Oh something's not right" part that is so Eisley.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX