Laughing City
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

emilytee<3 wrote:
ow! my goodness that is just stupid i really don't care what my big sister comments on my eisley blog really it is not a big deal to me so it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone else geez people need to stop takeing everything so seriously like everyone could have saw that she was joking!!! Confused

it seems like a mean way of joking Sad

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Unregistered wrote:
emilytee<3 wrote:
ow! my goodness that is just stupid i really don't care what my big sister comments on my eisley blog really it is not a big deal to me so it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone else geez people need to stop takeing everything so seriously like everyone could have saw that she was joking!!! Confused

it seems like a mean way of joking Sad

And joking or not, it's still right on the verge of being against the forum rules. If, say, Nora and I told each other to shut up, a mod would correct us straight away. It wouldn't matter if we claimed to be joking, or said we've met in person so it's okay. Why should anyone else get treated differently?

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

I understand that she was only joking, but in the long run, I agree with Saellys to an extent. As a general rule, we should be kind..conciderate and all of that good stuff (for the most part), but a little bit of sarcasm, cynicism is okay every now and then as long as it is all in good fun.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I agree that we should be considerate, and it is hard to tell when people are fooling around sometimes, but this looked like siblings fooling around to me. If it was not tomfoolery, I would discourage future interactions of the such.If Nora told Hannah to shut up, I clearly know it would not be a joke.

If there is an infraction of forum rules that I or anohter mod seem to have overlooked, anyone is free to bring it to our attention (usually PM is the best way, if we have overlooked it especially). In this case, I didn't see a problem, and I will gladly state when there is one when I do.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
emilytee<3
Sea Post King

i think that its not really any of your business what me and my sister say to one another so im ending this conversation!!
norad
Vintage Newbie

emilytee<3 wrote:
i think that its not really any of your business what me and my sister say to one another so im ending this conversation!!

Well unfortunately it is on this forum. In real life? Not so much.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I know Lady of the Wood... That song ROCKS! Cool Smile But this thread is for the birds... Laughing
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

emilytee<3 wrote:

I -- and the other mods -- never thought anything of it ... so yeah ... No biggie.

And in other news: Lady of the Wood rocks. I can't wait to see this. I've never had the pleasure of hearing the full version live. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I really want to know if the Machines are for the Birds part of the song is from the the essay The Bird and the Machine by Loren C. Eiseley.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
I know Lady of the Wood... That song ROCKS! Cool Smile But this thread is for the birds... Laughing

I Laughing several times during this thread. Reading this was one of those times. Laughing

And yes, I've heard it. BOTH versions. And the Envy Corps cover (which I really liked). I can't wait to hear it live.
norad
Vintage Newbie

It sounded super great live.
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

Does anyone have a link to the Envy Corps' cover of that song?
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

OrangeGold&Green wrote:
Does anyone have a link to the Envy Corps' cover of that song?

Go to bottom of the page.

http://pandanap.vox.com/library/posts/tags/eisley/

Mystic210 wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:

I Laughing several times during this thread. Reading this was one of those times. Laughing

And yes, I've heard it. BOTH versions. And the Envy Corps cover (which I really liked). I can't wait to hear it live.

Glad I could help. Smile
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

emilytee<3 wrote:

She's got a point. Realistically, she can say whatever she wants on this forum, whether it follows the rules or not. I don't see why saying "that's against the rules" makes the situation better. If it bothers someone, that person should probably just ignore it, and if the mods feel something should be done, they will deal with it.

But who am I to say anything. Laughing
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
emilytee<3 wrote:

She's got a point. Realistically, she can say whatever she wants on this forum, whether it follows the rules or not. I don't see why saying "that's against the rules" makes the situation better. If it bothers someone, that person should probably just ignore it, and if the mods feel something should be done, they will deal with it.

But who am I to say anything. Laughing

By pointing it out, I try to demonstrate that mods aren't the only ones who care about the rules. But I'm sure that's a lost cause given that rules apparently don't matter if it's all in good fun! Whee!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...