Laughing City
piperjay23
Sea Post King

I am one of THOSE PEOPLE Cap'n referrs to in his thread opener.

I also love watching Eisley perform live. For they way they are today and for all the promise of tomorrow. It's a long-term relationship and nothing ever stays the same. Like marriage, business, children or Michael Jordan.

Knowing that things will change (especially as the members mature and start having aspirations of supporting their own families), it was interesting in those other posts to talk about future Eisley and what it might want, need, wish to become as a live performance act.

While alot of us here adore the band's music and performance, I wonder how many here will call them sellouts when they do grow (professionally, personally, artistically) and change their perfomance persona a bit along the way.

Not me.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Every time I've seen them live I've loved it.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Who?
Golly, Poster

golly andrew wrote:
PSS* (post-secret script)

Fixed

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MichaelMakeArt
Sea Post King

Go Eisley lovin'. It is good to love a lot.
Yea, the show at the 9:30 club was a romp in those heavenly, lush, "music fields". I'm still bummed I had to leave half way through the show to catch a train, but neva' fear! Eisley will tour again one day soon!
Even the low, rumbling sound of the distant thunder of new Eisley music is exciting, and I hope the new album storm will be a brewin' soon.

I think Eisley should do what they do best on their next album -- grow. I don't think it's about changing their sound or staying the same. It should just be whatever happens next. I think what we can expect is an organic progression towards the future sound of Eisley. And we can be as excited as EVER to hear the new material.
norad
Vintage Newbie

piperjay23 wrote:
While alot of us here adore the band's music and performance, I wonder how many here will call them sellouts when they do grow (professionally, personally, artistically) and change their perfomance persona a bit along the way.

You mean like they did already?
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
I agree with everyone so far. Yes yes.

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
Marvelousgreen
Sea Post King

mister_mime wrote:
well, I can't give a reliable Eisley show testimony (as I've never seen them live), but I'm sure they are amazing!
but I can say that Room Noises is possibly the best CD to fall asleep to.

I HAVE fallen asleep well listening to Room Noises, i was just to mellow to even turn off my CD player. Rolling Eyes I hope someday to see them live but from live recordings, SYP stuff, and CDs they play there songs lots of different ways, and it's so cool to me to hear a new version of Marvelous Things or whatever. Smile

reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
I always enjoy Eisley's performances. Even if the rest of the night sucks, and even if they aren't on top of their game, I have fun. That counts most for me. And they have gotten so good lately. I'm excited for 31 more shows (at least). Very Happy ha ha.

aggreed.
31 more shows at least though?! i don't get it.

"jamie has seen 31 shows"
nm. i thought that first but then i got confused in my head and didn't read down.

Hilary Duff cover!! yessss...

Kimbrtones wrote:
See what interesting things I can make you people do? Laughing
This thread has gotten quite amusing but.....my lips are sealed.

On Chauntelle:
Kimbrtones wrote:
wow guys! She's not Jesus! Smile
But she is awfully sweet, and kind hearted.
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
stumple13
Sea Post King

Everytime i have seen them live
which is only 3 admittedly,it has always been an awesome experience
you can tell they just love playing music,and the have a deep appreciation for it too
you can tell by the way they perform and through the music they write
I have yet to hear an eisley song i dislike,and i think that if they do end up changing their style a little,they know music well enough it will still be amazing
They really are talented and there songs are all unique from eachother,and from every other band out there
The more i listen to them the more i love them
They are all clearly amazing people and love life,i just love how peepy and indie fresh all of them are haha
So Eisley...you are easily one of the best bands out there,and you will always remain my favorite band forever ha ha
i think im done now
lol
Caley
Lost at Forum

While I haven't seen nearly as many shows as Jamie (I think I've seen a little more than a quarter of his 31), I too enjoy every Eisley set I've seen. They really do put on a fun show, and I've come to rely on that. Each show I've been to has had at least one special moment that I can look back on today with a smile. So I've never gone to one of their shows and left underwhelmed or disappointed. I enjoy each show as they come because I know the quality will be there even if something goes wrong with the sound, or gear, or whatever.

I've said this a few times before, but it was Eisley's live performance that made me a fan. I'd listened to RN countless times before seeing them with Switchfoot and never really considered myself a big fan. But when I saw that set of theirs, I was floored. So yeah, I really think that if I had never seen them live, I wouldn't be on this board or wouldn't have ever seen a show of theirs. So I really do love their sets! Lol.

I'm just glad that they tour as often as they do and they don't take a year off in between each national tour like some bands do. So thank you for that!

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I have seen them not once, not twice, but thrice. And I enjoyed them all three times.

First show was the best because it was a small venue and I got to hang out with them afterwards.
The later shows were bigger and it was harder to find the time to meet and greet.

But shows were amazing none the less!

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

mr pine wrote:
I have seen them not once, not twice, but thrice. And I enjoyed them all three times.

First show was the best because it was a small venue and I got to hang out with them afterwards.
The later shows were bigger and it was harder to find the time to meet and greet.

But shows were amazing none the less!

I'm in the exact same boat. First show Boone and I got to hang out with them after the show. Great time. Most bands just do the nice to meet you, blah blah blah, now get out of my face thing. Eisley on the other hand actually seemed interested in the things we had to say.

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger