Laughing City

should I stay or should I go?
Stay! Then you can buy unlimited quantities of nourishing, organic foods to wallow away in.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Go! Hang out with gay men who get excited about Lily of the Valley and live your meager artistic life happily in the confines of your apartment with but a morsel of stale bread.
88%
 88%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 17

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

ilitherian wrote:
Incidentally one can eat exceedingly healthfully on a very small budget.

10-minute brown rice costs less than two dollars for a box of four bags, each of which makes two meals for me. I boil it in vegetable broth to make it slightly richer and more flavorful, and use the kind of vegetables you steam in a microwavable bag--lima beans are my favorite. Sometimes I throw a salmon fillet or a packet of tuna on there if I'm feeling meaty. Low fat, high energy, and tastes awesome.

This has been your frugal gourmet moment for the day. Wink

More on-topic, last night I became totally convinced that I need to work in a thrift store. I was mildly intoxicated at the time, but I'd been considering for a while beforehand and I realized it's the perfect job for me. Part time, low pressure, they probably wouldn't care about dyed hair or my tattoo, let alone my job history, and I'd get first pick of all the awesome stuff that gets donated. So if my job interview tomorrow for a receptionist position forty miles away doesn't pan out, I'm gonna apply at my two favorite thrift stores. Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address