Laughing City

Do you watch LOST?
Like omg yes of course like every week at 9/8c highlight of my life
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
if i feel like it...gosh
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
H E double hockey sticks NO! like that many people could survive on an island for that long
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 30

sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Favorite moment from tonight:

Locke: "What is this?"
Eye Liner Guy: "It's a compass."
Locke: "What does it do?"
Eye Liner Guy: "...it points North."

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

^His name is Richard, and he is by far the most confusing character on the show.
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

I thought that was his name! Couldn't remember rightly. Thank you.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Yesterday's episode was the first one I ever watched... Eh... It was okay, makes me think of The Lost World, the series/ book more than anything. Maybe that's the secret all along, that this is a reworking, just like Cloverfield, and ultimately Star Trek will be?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
Yesterday's episode was the first one I ever watched...

And that right there is your problem. If you haven't seen the last 4 seasons, you'll probably be even more lost than the rest of us most of the time.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

well I know enough people who follow it religiously, so I know they all have some secrets, ended up there in the crash, the big guy won the lottery, all the black people have died or disappeared, out of nowhere there were Polar Bears, and more people on the island, and now I know, some of them got off, others got stranded, and either they, or the Island is apparently lost in time, and the escapee's want to go back to save the rest cause something bad is going to happen to them. Oh, and for some reason Tarzan is unbilled as the leader of the group stuck on the island. Is he going for the "Has anyone seen Matthew McCaugnahy's (sp?) shirt? award or what? Smile

I get a feeling this is one of those shows loaded with red herrings, misdirections and abandoned plot-lines, and in the end will be less confusing, and disappointing when the secrets are revealed. Sort of like the Happening after the first 5 minutes... but I digress.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

There's no point in watching this show at this point if you haven't seen it from the beginning. It's way past it's prime.

sukieinthe_g wrote:

Haha "Eye Liner Guy".

Who was the guy that got shot with the flaming arrow? I was thinking he was talking quite a bit so he must be about to die.

*Edit* He's Neil "Frogurt".

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
There's no point in watching this show at this point if you haven't seen it from the beginning. It's way past it's prime.

sukieinthe_g wrote:

Haha "Eye Liner Guy".

Who was the guy that got shot with the flaming arrow? I was thinking he was talking quite a bit so he must be about to die.

One day I will sit down with some box sets and get caught up, but not yet... First I will watch 1 more episode of this new season to see if it's worth it.

ks1990
Lost at Forum

LOST was amazing. As always. I think the island storyline is better than the O6 storyline.

I loved Hurley's speech to his mom about everything that had happened so far on the island. ''I believe you. I don't understand you, but I believe you''. Very Happy
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

I heard the show actually went somewhere finally. I watched three episodes and got bored with it way back when they made a golf course. And then I never bothered to start again because guess what? If I watch it the same friggin people will be stuck on the same friggin island.

Props to some for finally getting off though. I still won't watch it.

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
TheClassicRomance
Sea Post King

redboots wrote:
Premiere episode was pretty good... raises a lot of new questions, like always. My favorite character right now is Daniel Faraday. Cool But I can't stand that ginger friend of his, she is just obnoxious (and I love redheads, so it has nothing to do with the color of her hair).

Yeah, Ginger Girl annoys me, too.
I love Daniel and Desmond.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:

sukieinthe_g wrote:

Haha "Eye Liner Guy".

One day I will sit down with some box sets and get caught up, but not yet... First I will watch 1 more episode of this new season to see if it's worth it.

No, that is a bad plan and would be a complete waste. You've already ruined the series by watching episodes out of order Smile. The only thing you could do is try to forget everything you've seen and know about the plot then go to Hulu.com and watch the first 4 episodes: Pilot pt1., Pilot pt2., Tabula Rosa, then Walkabout. I only say the first 4 because Walkabout is the one that stands out in my memory as being really good. You may not make it that far, or maybe by then you'll want to keep watching.

*edit* I just re-watched the pilot, it's pretty good as a standalone movie. It's a million times better than this season's premiere.
I fell in love with Kate all over again.

ks1990
Lost at Forum

TheClassicRomance wrote:
redboots wrote:
Premiere episode was pretty good... raises a lot of new questions, like always. My favorite character right now is Daniel Faraday. Cool But I can't stand that ginger friend of his, she is just obnoxious (and I love redheads, so it has nothing to do with the color of her hair).

Yeah, Ginger Girl annoys me, too.
I love Daniel and Desmond.

I love Charlotte (and her accent Smile)! I don't know why everyone hates on her, we don't even know much about her yet. Her back story seems to be the most interesting out of the freighter crew. Can't wait to find out more about her.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:

sukieinthe_g wrote:

Haha "Eye Liner Guy".

No, that is a bad plan and would be a complete waste. You've already ruined the series by watching episodes out of order Smile. The only thing you could do is try to forget everything you've seen and know about the plot then go to Hulu.com and watch the first 4 episodes: Pilot pt1., Pilot pt2., Tabula Rosa, then Walkabout. I only say the first 4 because Walkabout is the one that stands out in my memory as being really good. You may not make it that far, or maybe by then you'll want to keep watching.

*edit* I just re-watched the pilot, it's pretty good as a standalone movie. It's a million times better than this season's premiere.

So you're saying everything else is filler & extraneous? Confused

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:

sukieinthe_g wrote:

Haha "Eye Liner Guy".

So you're saying everything else is filler & extraneous? Confused

I told you to watch just the pilot or the 4 episodes because that's not so daunting as telling you to watch the whole first season (which really isn't a chore). I'm saying the next new episode will most likely suck, especially if you're just jumping into the show now and won't convince you to watch the first season on boxed set or even keep you entertained for an hour. And if it is good it'll just expose you to a bunch of spoilers. Why not just watch the pilot on hulu instead, start at the beginning. They have the whole first season and I think all of the seasons on there.

<< prev | goto page