Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Isn't The Door the former Gypsy Team Room? I thought that was pretty spacious, though I haven't been there since they changed over.

Also, anyone thinking of skipping this tour should also consider that it's usually easier to actually meet the band when they aren't headlining. Dunno if that'll hold true on this tour, but that's how it's gone in the past. Maybe that's appealing, maybe it's not, but I thought I'd mention it. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Seriously, if they really want to sell the tour, all they have to say is this:

We will be playing all the finished new material at the shows, and only a few hits. This is our album preview tour, since we will have a limited set, and are delaying the record, we will reward your attendance for our opening set by playing everything we've got so far for LP3.

Plus isn't it ironic all the people who were like "The EP era was the best!" in that that thread got another EP out of the band. Great Swerve for Eisley Laughing

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

TheAntrider wrote:
Isn't The Door the former Gypsy Team Room? I thought that was pretty spacious, though I haven't been there since they changed over.

Also, anyone thinking of skipping this tour should also consider that it's usually easier to actually meet the band when they aren't headlining. Dunno if that'll hold true on this tour, but that's how it's gone in the past. Maybe that's appealing, maybe it's not, but I thought I'd mention it. Smile

Yeah, thats right... It moved in there about two years ago.. And painted it black...
Its an OK sized place- bigger than the original Door, but nothing like the size of HOB.

Gypsy was such a classic place- its a real tragedy... that its now the Door is kind of insult to injury. The cruel Irony is that I think the Gypsy was the first (and only for a long time) place I saw Eisley!

Personally, trying to meet the band is a complete non-issue. I'm sure they're all very nice, but I go to shows to listen to music.

Still gonna be packed w/ 14yo emo-wannabe say anything fans...

EDIT-------------------------------
For those wondering, the Door/Prophet bar (Dallas) is listing tickets at $17/$20...

ALSO- QUESTION...
The Door's website is listing the show as a Prophet Bar show (Prophet Bar and the Door are the same place)... The tour calender lists it as a Door show. Locals will know why this makes a difference. Anyone know which it is?
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

inorbit wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Yeah, thats right... It moved in there about two years ago.. And painted it black...
Its an OK sized place- bigger than the original Door, but nothing like the size of HOB.

Gypsy was such a classic place- its a real tragedy... that its now the Door is kind of insult to injury. The cruel Irony is that I think the Gypsy was the first (and only for a long time) place I saw Eisley!

Personally, trying to meet the band is a complete non-issue. I'm sure they're all very nice, but I go to shows to listen to music.

EDIT-------------------------------
For those wondering, the Door/Prophet bar (Dallas) is listing tickets at $17/$20...

ALSO- QUESTION...
The Door's website is listing the show as a Prophet Bar show (Prophet Bar and the Door are the same place)... The tour calender lists it as a Door show. Locals will know why this makes a difference. Anyone know which it is?

ooooh. that's right. I forgot about that. I've only been to the door once and that was a while ago so I guess I haven't seen the new one yet. 20 dollars is not bad at all. Smile

ync
Golly, Poster

inorbit wrote:

Small is good... its being packed in there with a bunch of 14yo say anything fans I'm not sure I'm looking forward to... and sneaking in past the "no parents" sign Laughing

that is what i'm not looking forward to Confused

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
Caley
Lost at Forum

I'm so stoked... and that's an understatement. I'll be at the Austin show since school will be happening.
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

We can't wait! We'll either drive to Pontiac (Detroit) or Cleveland. Who knows, maybe we'll go to BOTH! Totally excited to see Eisley live again Very Happy
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, since I'll be off at school I will probably go to The Door show and peace out before Say Anything comes on. It will be weird going to an Eisley concert alone, though. I'm normally with a pack of 15-20.
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Perfect opportunity to teach them a lesson when they inevitably start to mosh.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

^ niggas be strung up if they $#@! with a white boy in a mosh pit. You best stay out of it, for your own good.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ahhhhh... where would hip racial humor be these days without Dave Chappelle and the Boondox??? The 4th wall of the slave quarters has been broken. Hath the N-word loseth thine sting?

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
eisleyfan14203
Sea Post King

so for anyone that knows me on this forum lol you know im impatient...naturally I will be buying the ep on itunes if it comes out before I go to the show in Houston..then once i do go to that show I will be buying it again there to to get the physical copy. haha I'm SO stoked to see them in November. school starts for me next week and so far im looking forward to this school year, I have an eisley show, an eisley album, mute math album, say anything album, and a few other concerts.

follow me Smile
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
^ahhhhh... where would hip racial humor be these days without Dave Chappelle and the Boondox??? The 4th wall of the slave quarters has been broken. Hath the N-word loseth thine sting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzHtZsigWF8&feature=related

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ ugh! Confused yeah, America is post-racial Rolling Eyes

Uhm, and given the Hebrew factor, there shouldn't be all that much of a problem moshing at a Say Anything headlining tour show. They've been around long enough where I think they skew older than 14 year olds though. Neutral

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'm usually annoyed by someone in a crowd (especially in Dallas), so bring 'em on. Laughing I'll put up with a lot for the music.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>