Laughing City
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

That's awful.

One of the many benefits of going carfree: keeping your vehicle in your living room.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^I've had 7 bikes stolen from me in my lifetime, one from a friends locked house, that I'd never gotten to ride cause we were modding it to accommodate my height.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
^I've had 7 bikes stolen from me in my lifetime, one from a friends locked house, that I'd never gotten to ride cause we were modding it to accommodate my height.

I had a bike stolen my sophomore year, but I've since wised up and invested heavily in quality locks. And, renters insurance covers my bikes if someone were to break into my apartment.

And (most importantly), I don't live in St. Louis.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Ha, it's not like I was in the dredges of urban chaos when this things happened... although that last one taken out a friends house while they were on vacation did happen in on of the nice areas in South St. Louis, which is closer to the "hood".

6 of the 7 were taken when I was between the ages of 7 and 10. Seriously, it made no sense, but back then locks were cheap, and for the novice kid like myself, finding your front tire on the bike rack still locked to it was like a chalk drawing at a crime scene in a detective movie, ominous and all too familiar.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

"Get Your Own Stuff!" Yeah, that's deff going on a T-shirt.

But seriously, glad nobody got hurt and someone was apprehended. Marking the DuPrees despite all those reasons Kim mentioned qualifies the perps for 2009's World's Dumbest Criminals nomination all right.

StuartBuck
Sea Post King

I've often wondered why there couldn't be a car that could be left electrified, like an electric fence. Not powerful enough to seriously injure someone, but powerful enough to make it extremely unpleasant for them to touch anything like the radio, the outside of the car, etc.

Or better yet, if the car window is broken, then the dashboard would release a bunch of whatever chemical is in poison ivy.

But I guess then thieves would all start wearing insulated gloves, etc.

johnip
Vintage Newbie

StuartBuck wrote:
I've often wondered why there couldn't be a car that could be left electrified, like an electric fence. Not powerful enough to seriously injure someone, but powerful enough to make it extremely unpleasant for them to touch anything like the radio, the outside of the car, etc.

Or better yet, if the car window is broken, then the dashboard would release a bunch of whatever chemical is in poison ivy.

But I guess then thieves would all start wearing insulated gloves, etc.

How about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
I'm glad they caught at least one of the guys and so thankful that Darren and Todd did not get shot since they pulled a weapon on them for chasing them....grrrr...stupid thieves! Twisted Evil

If you are going to hit a house, it should not be one with 15 people still up all hours of the night, 4 certified black belt ninjas, two people in the house authorized to legally have guns and proud NRA members, an alarm system, and 3 boxer dogs!

haha so true! but i'm glad no one was hurt. i do hope the burglars get caught.

anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Shocked Jeez. I hate how people treat cars like shopping malls.

Seriously. We (the neighborhood) chased a bunch of car burglars out recently. We have a kickass neighborhood watch system.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

''Get your own stuff''. Very Happy

You tell 'em Boyd!!!

Seriously though, my blood would be boiling if I found my car broken into. Hopefully they'll catch the jerks before they strike again.
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

I've had to deal with this twice in the last week. At one of the state parks I work at we've been having people throwing rocks through car windows and stealing purses. State Police wont even come out anymore....It's always nice when the Police wont even do anything anymore.

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boone
Vintage Newbie

Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:
I've had to deal with this twice in the last week. At one of the state parks I work at we've been having people throwing rocks through car windows and stealing purses. State Police wont even come out anymore....It's always nice when the Police wont even do anything anymore.

It's a small town cop thing. Like how the cops in Toledo will scream in your face and threaten to book you because you forgot to signal, but will outright refuse to chase down a drunk driver if you call them in. You just have to exert your authority in the least dangerous way possible...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Jared x wrote:
Hahahaha. Boyd's little "Get your own stuff!" was the best thing I've heard all day. So...eloquently put. Wink

Amen! That's the bottom line.. Wink

Replacing stolen property and possessions : $ 837.50

Insurance deductable for broken car window: $200.00

Boyd's comment, "Get your own stuff.." : PRICELESS!

Last edited by Dan and Sam on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i'm surprised i missed this story.

is this the first time i've seen boyd speak on camera in all these years?

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I've never seen Boyd in real time! I imagined him differently when reading his posts. Weird observation: his speaking voice and mannerisms sort of remind me of Kris Allen's. WeIrD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oDibIHjc6k

First, but not best example.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>