2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Doesn't matter, I don't like to associate myself with a particular one
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 35

twinstar
Sea Post King

You'd think that at some point people could be mature enough to discuss religion and realize that there will be lots of people who don't agree with your personal beliefs. I wish people could just share without having to be proven right, or prove someone else wrong!
" If we had done as the kings told us five hundred years ago, we should all have been slaves. If we had done as the priest told us, we should all have been idiots. If we had done as the doctors told us, we should all have been dead. We have been saved by disobedience. We have been saved by the splendid thing called independence, and I want to see more of it. I want to see children raised so that they have it." Robert Ingersoll

www.xanga.com/elephantheart
Joined: 11 Jan 2003 | Posts: 267 | Location: Arlington, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

mere::surmise wrote:

guys - i just wanted to hear some opinions
what i dont like is how some of you are mad about interest in a topic; i think we can handle this as the mature people we are. if you dont agree with the thread, dont post. its simple.

and I think it's wrong to assume that just because some people don't see things the same as you & mention that then they are "mad".Not one comment has been made in anger in this thread.

The fact that every religious thread ever on here has turned into a fight is proof that despite having mature people involved doesn't stop things getting heated because religion is a super sensitive subject to people.

Last edited by homesick_alien on Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

Have I not handeled it maturely?

Ok, it was a mistake on my part for not reading that post completely, I think I just scanned over it. I wasn't mad about your interest in the topic, I never said I was. Please don't twist my words around.

I thought I was welcome on these boards, but if someone doesn't like my pots and wans me to stop posting, fine. Then I will stop posting.

Thank You.
Joined: 25 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1546 | Location: Look under your bed...
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

The Christian church does have a lot of problems with unity - for the most part. I think it stems from our human desire to know it all. I have come to the point in my spiritual life that I can accept - for the most part - that no denomination will ever be fully correct. After all, we cannot know everything. Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis illustrates this very well. Those are only my opinions and I could go on about how we have separated ourselves so far from the world that we are now perceived as a clique... which I don't believe Christ would have wanted. I do see steps for unity and outreach being made these days... and I think that is good.
mere::surmise
Sea Post King

wow, yall...wow.

i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry. i didnt know, i didnt know, i didnt know. usually when i discuss religion with other people, it goes very well. i'm sorry i assumed a message board would turn out the same way.

just forget it. forget i even said it.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME ON THE BOARD. dont stop posting because you think i told you not to.

know that if i knew you all felt this way, i wouldnt have said anything. i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry. i didn't know i didn't know i didn't know.

would you feel better if i just deleted the thread?

{visuals}
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sea Post King

oops, well i guess i can't do that anymore.
{visuals}
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Random Person
Sea Post King

Eh, I see nothing wrong with your thread in the slightest bit. This is the "General" area and nothing should be off limits to discuss. It was a simple poll.

I went to a southern baptist church back home, and now I'm looking for a new church in my college town. Hopefully I'll find a good baptist or bible church to attend.
Sea Post King

Random Person wrote:
Eh, I see nothing wrong with your thread in the slightest bit. This is the "General" area and nothing should be off limits to discuss. It was a simple poll.

I went to a southern baptist church back home, and now I'm looking for a new church in my college town. Hopefully I'll find a good baptist or bible church to attend.

i wish you the best of luck with that. a lot of people have trouble with things like finding a church.

{visuals}
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

Random Person wrote:

Are you from College Station?

Random Person
Sea Post King

ZooeyGlass wrote:
Random Person wrote:

Yep.
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

Random Person wrote:
ZooeyGlass wrote:
Random Person wrote:

Yep.

That's cool. I'm looking for a church, but I'm not sure what kind. I was a Southern Baptist kid and would like to see what the other denominations are like. This is my first real taste of religious freedom... though I am exaggerating.

Random Person
Sea Post King

ZooeyGlass wrote:
Random Person wrote:
ZooeyGlass wrote:
Random Person wrote:

Yep.

That's cool. I'm looking for a church, but I'm not sure what kind. I was a Southern Baptist kid and would like to see what the other denominations are like. This is my first real taste of religious freedom... though I am exaggerating.

Yeah, I don't really mind sticking with the baptist stuff so much. Heh, my family's a pretty big supporter of the SBTC and all. If you're church shopping, try out Central Baptist Bryan or Grace Bible Church. I've heard they're pretty popular.

(Edit: Heh. Sorry Euphoria.)
Last edited by Random Person on Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

Random Person wrote:
ZooeyGlass wrote:
Random Person wrote:
ZooeyGlass wrote:
Random Person wrote:

Yep.

Yeah, I don't really mind sticking with the baptist stuff so much. Heh, my family's a pretty big supporter of the SBTC and all. If you're church shopping, try out Central Baptist Bryan or Grace Bible Church. I've heard they're pretty popular.

Thanks. Are you on or off campus?

Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

PM?
Joined: 25 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1546 | Location: Look under your bed...
sendoutSOScalls
Laughing Citizen

dont worry i think this actually turned out to be a really interesting post. dont regret it at all

http://www.last.fm/user/Untitled_9/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86438423@N00/
Joined: 13 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1749 | Location: In the courtyard waiting on the breeze to float after me

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>