Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

The_Sympt0m wrote:
crazeemunkeyz wrote:
The_Sympt0m wrote:
Yeah, can we possibly make a separate forum (or even a sticky would do it) for people's pictures/poems/creations and stuff? I wouldn't complain about it normally, but it seems like people have started thinking of this forum as their blog. It's cool that they create this stuff, but we don't need a new thread every time someone writes or draws something. It was OK when it happened every once in a while, but now it seems like it's happening a lot more...

Maybe a "your creations forum"

-Ben

yeah, i'm getting an "I made this, what do you think?" overload. I just might explode.

I'm glad someone agrees with me.

-Ben

isn't that what shameless is for though? maybe people just need to be directed there.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

Shameless is short for Shameless Promotion, I don't see poetry and pics and things as promotion. I think if we either made a new forum, or just had people make blogs or deviant arts and put them in their sigs, it would be sufficient.

-Ben

Vintage Newbie

The_Sympt0m wrote:
Shameless is short for Shameless Promotion, I don't see poetry and pics and things as promotion. I think if we either made a new forum, or just had people make blogs or deviant arts and put them in their sigs, it would be sufficient.

-Ben

I think some of what goes in shameless now could definitely be put in a blogs sort of catigory.

Just like artwork and poems, many people just make music for fun (myself included.) I feel kind of silly posting a cover or song of mine in shameless when I really don't want to advertise myself, moreso recieve opinions and feedback on how to improve.

If you are a touring band or something... then yes, shameless is for you.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

The_Sympt0m wrote:

-Ben

but aren't you just promoting yourself and your blog/art/music/poetry? that's what it seems like to me.
whatever it is, i'm just tired of seeing it in general. there could be a sticky thread in general for stuff like regular blogs/myspace/whatever, i think that would work, but all of these art and poetry threads are starting to get ridiculous.

they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

amidthestars wrote:
The_Sympt0m wrote:

-Ben

but aren't you just promoting yourself and your blog/art/music/poetry? that's what it seems like to me.
whatever it is, i'm just tired of seeing it in general. there could be a sticky thread in general for stuff like regular blogs/myspace/whatever, i think that would work, but all of these art and poetry threads are starting to get ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for stopping the clutter in general, I am just trying to think the way the mods would...

-Ben

Protocol Droid

I think this is interesting, but I wonder if maybe we're just being too picky.

Is it that hard to skip a few threads? I'm wondering if it's just because I'm an old and haggard forum user.

I'm just asking that, I don't necessarily think it's the case. I'm just making sure we're not going overboard beacuse we're too picky.

Maybe we should add some kind of descriptions or directions in headline form above each forum's main page? Like "Please read the FAQ. Please avoid repetitive threads by using SEARCH"?

Would that help any?

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

Well you've said yourself...no one reads the FAQ...and I don't think we're being too picky, there have seemed to be a lot of "new poem/picture/stuff" threads, and they seem to be popping up A LOT more than usual.

-Ben

Protocol Droid

The_Sympt0m wrote:
Well you've said yourself...no one reads the FAQ...and I don't think we're being too picky, there have seemed to be a lot of "new poem/picture/stuff" threads, and they seem to be popping up A LOT more than usual.

-Ben

Yeah, no one reads it. But I wonder if it's because they see where we advervise it. You kind of have to pepper things. It's like a newspaper page but worse: Few people are going to read every headline, and if they're in the same place, people are going to skip over them and think it was the exact same thing that was there last time. That may have made no sense ... but I was maybe thinking up there where it says "Post a reply" is around a spot that might catch some attention. After all, it is the area where the news of forum upgrades is always posted. THat seems to catch attention.

Sure, it's ugly. But one might contend that the repetition is uglier.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

i think the best idea would be a seperate forum with a bunch of stickies for all the threads we always have. this could also include the threads we've had forever that will never die like the picture thread

i.e.

myspaces
drawings
forum games (word association, band name games)
post a picture of yourself
bnrocks appreciation thread Wink

people are more likely to check out that forum than shameless. shameless just seems too negative
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

BNROCKS wrote:
i think the best idea would be a seperate forum with a bunch of stickies for all the threads we always have. this could also include the threads we've had forever that will never die like the picture thread

i.e.

myspaces
drawings
forum games (word association, band name games)
post a picture of yourself
bnrocks appreciation thread Wink

people are more likely to check out that forum than shameless. shameless just seems too negative

I like it. Especially since we don't have any stickies in General right now. They'll be noticeable. I put in my vote for that. But I won't actually sticky anything until I hear from the other mods.

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

stickies in general? or a new forum for frequent topics which are stickies?

i vote for the seperate forum. the "homesick_alien memorial forum"
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
i vote for the seperate forum.

I vote for that as well...i don't like going to forums and having the first 10 things i see be stickies...

-Ben

Vintage Newbie

The_Sympt0m wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
i vote for the seperate forum.

I vote for that as well...i don't like going to forums and having the first 10 things i see be stickies...

-Ben

that's probably a better idea, seeing as it would end up being about ten different stickies for everything.

they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Of the 75 most recent General posts, approximately 12 were duplicate, poem or art threads. Is that honestly enough for its own forum?

The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

Well if you take into account the forum games along with it, you have threads being bumped to the top constantly. They were once tolerable, but then you get people posting "look what i can do" threads and that's kinda the tipping point. It's just too much...

-Ben

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>