Laughing City
yoetheterrible
Sea Post King

I missed the whole drama, were comments by people all that offensive?
RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

Yeah it got a little heated. Mild profanities were used (horse $#@! i think? was the response one boardie used after Mrs. Dupree was explaining why she was putting the backpack that meant so much to her up for auction and that there was no real need to post just to complain how unfair the asking price was) It seems as though two or three boardies started posting complaints of the bidding price and Mrs' Dupree made a comment defending it and stated how fair she thought the bidding price was taking into consideration how much the backpack usually goes for and the fact that Sherri's artwork is included on the back. Then someone got annoyed with Mrs. Dupree complaining about the complaining and said horseshit? .....

To tell you the truth I can't remember what the statement was, after horseshit I was just in shock. I'm not use to profanities being made that much in laughing city. Especially when addressing Mrs. Dupree.

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1152 | Location: San Benito, Texas
yoetheterrible
Sea Post King

Oh ok thank you now I get it. I mean, being a "penniless (college) kid" I could Identify with the idea that the backpack was pretty pricey. So I didn't get why people commenting on that issue would warrant a thread being deleted. But addressing anyone, especially Kim in that manner is so wrong not becoming of a Laughing Citizen. Don't let them keep you away Kim, I'm soo Tempted to bid on that Backpack. It would vaporize the free money i have in my bank account but it looks cool...ayayay
spacepiggyalpha
Golly, Poster

go buy it at walmart
yoetheterrible
Sea Post King

pfft its no the bag that looks cool it's Sherri's art on it. The drawing could have been on a large slab of human skin and I'd still want it.
spacepiggyalpha
Golly, Poster

ew gross!

Laughing
reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

the artwork seen here:

Are priceless I'm so glad the idea popped into my head and my friend was able to get her to draw again at the next show a couple days later.

That is one of my favourite concert souviners I have ever recieved to get to wear artwork done by Miss Sherri Dupree is like wearing abadge of honour and also I good way of spreading the good Eisley news.

I'm trying to get my mother to but me the bag for my birthday but getting to see them in NYC for my birthday is more than enough!
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
richicha
Sea Post King

wow reflectedxglory, those are cool shoes with the artwork on it. how did you manage to get sherri to draw on them at a concert? i mean, it does take more effort than just signing a name. that's cool of her to have done that. now i've got another idea for souvernirs when i see them next.
xanga
myspace
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

RhymeloveandMelody wrote:

Quote:
Yeah it got a little heated. Mild profanities were used (horse $#@! i think? was the response one boardie used after Mrs. Dupree was explaining why she was putting the backpack that meant so much to her up for auction and that there was no real need to post just to complain how unfair the asking price was) It seems as though two or three boardies started posting complaints of the bidding price and Mrs' Dupree made a comment defending it and stated how fair she thought the bidding price was taking into consideration how much the backpack usually goes for and the fact that Sherri's artwork is included on the back. Then someone got annoyed with Mrs. Dupree complaining about the complaining and said horseshit?

uhm....actually, when he used that word, I didn't think he was talking to me. I thought he was saying that it was horsesh*t to complain about the price. That's the way I understood the comment.
Anyway...the drama is over, so let's all move on. I'm sorry for being so sensitive. I've had a hard 3 months. I hope you all can understand.
thanks,
kd Smile
reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

richicha wrote:
wow reflectedxglory, those are cool shoes with the artwork on it. how did you manage to get sherri to draw on them at a concert? i mean, it does take more effort than just signing a name. that's cool of her to have done that. now i've got another idea for souvernirs when i see them next.

i had a bad feeling this might start a trend. Confused hope sheeri doesnt get pissed. yes it took her a while both times considering it was dark in hob and rainy in st.pete. i just asked her simply enough such sweet girls those duprees are,they sure were raised right.
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:

Anyway...the drama is over, so let's all move on. I'm sorry for being so sensitive. I've had a hard 3 months. I hope you all can understand.
thanks,
kd Smile

Kim, no one here can think you were being too sensitive. I'm sorry things have been so hard for you. I try to support the band, but I don't know if it is enough. I must sit and think about something more I can do. Gosh, in a few more months I will have a good job and then I can buy all your e-bay items for lots of money. I want to help out so much. Kim, it will break my heart if you begin keeping your wonderful self from the laughing city.

JD

musicislove
Golly, Poster

jdstories wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

thanks,
kd Smile

Kim, no one here can think you were being too sensitive. I'm sorry things have been so hard for you. I try to support the band, but I don't know if it is enough. I must sit and think about something more I can do. Gosh, in a few more months I will have a good job and then I can buy all your e-bay items for lots of money. I want to help out so much. Kim, it will break my heart if you begin keeping your wonderful self from the laughing city.

JD

I wholeheartedly second that.

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

musicislove wrote:
jdstories wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

thanks,
kd Smile

JD

I wholeheartedly second that.

I totally third that. However, for me it will not be in a few months but in a few years. hmmm.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland

<< prev | goto page