Laughing City
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Lisa said:
Quote:

woah kids! I'm going to be such a let down.

Pah! You'd never be disappointing! Razz
No! Never! Dismissed!
*tosses the idea out the window* Wink

Grantticus said:
Quote:
but seriously
Amelié?

Hehe Lisa just had an Amelié user picture for a long time and because of her friendliness and the fact she worked (works?) in a restaurant (or café?) I tended to equate her with the character. Very Happy

thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

its Amélie

..get it right...

aaaaaaaand i'm holding back too. don't want to rush, get tix, then be disappointed.
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
its Amélie

..get it right...

aaaaaaaand i'm holding back too. don't want to rush, get tix, then be disappointed.

yeah, wouldn't it suck if it sold out though? we'd all be screwed.

i'm actually thinking about just buying tickets if we don't hear by tomorrow, cause then if it turns out eisley aren't playing i can just sell my ticket to someone. it's bound to sell out eventually so i could probably even sell it for more than i paid for it.

"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
(thank you mogwai you are all nuts.)
Joined: 04 May 2004 | Posts: 564 | Location: bristol, england
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Plane tickets are so tantalizingly cheap ... if only i could get a few extra dollars together ... Neutral

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

dial r for revenge wrote:
its Amélie

..get it right...

i'm actually thinking about just buying tickets if we don't hear by tomorrow, cause then if it turns out eisley aren't playing i can just sell my ticket to someone. it's bound to sell out eventually so i could probably even sell it for more than i paid for it.

hmm....or, if tbs are any good...just go anyway.
haven't seen a band recently
(besides local bands about twice every weekend.)
(at least they are almost all good, as the music scene here is grrrrreat!)

Very Happy
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

its Amélie

..get it right...

hmm....or, if tbs are any good...just go anyway.
haven't seen a band recently
(besides local bands about twice every weekend.)
(at least they are almost all good, as the music scene here is grrrrreat!)

Very Happy

i'm not really that into tbs these days, i liked their first album though, but i think i liked them better when john nolan was in the band.
and also i got fired from my job, probably because my adhd is really bad, so if eisley aren't involved i'd rather not spend the money.

"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

fired because of adhd?
isn't that kinda..unfair?

you can't help it...

sucks.
jobs suck.
and yet i still need one.

aaaaaaaaaaargh.

<eisley related comment here>
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

fired because of adhd?

you can't help it...

Yeah, but job performance is all that most employers care about.

Vintage Newbie

OceanMachine wrote:
fired because of adhd?

you can't help it...

but then...in contracts and/or employment forms...fair treatment and/or equal oppurtunities are nearly always present.

SUE, SUE LIKE YOU NEED MONEY!
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

OceanMachine wrote:
fired because of adhd?

you can't help it...

but then...in contracts and/or employment forms...fair treatment and/or equal oppurtunities are nearly always present.

SUE, SUE LIKE YOU NEED MONEY!

That's true, but they can almost always find some minor technicality, or come up with another reason for firing you. Like they found you were slacking too much on evening shifts or something.

But yeah, if there's a even a ghost of a chance of a big settlement, hire a lawyer and sue them. It's good for the soul.

Golly, Poster

the thing is that i'm not officially diagnosed yet, i'm still waiting for some tests (@£*$! national health service), which means that i can't get any special consideration (even though the attention deficit is so obvious that it's not even funny), and so to employers it just looks like i'm the most unsuitable employee ever. and until i've gone through all the formalities and got the test results, i can't get the meds to help.

anyway, how did like a whole page of this thread end up being about my ad/hd? let's get back to the subject at hand, which is: EISLEY GET ON A PLANE AND COME TO OUR LOVELY COUNTRY.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

the thing is that i'm not officially diagnosed yet, i'm still waiting for some tests (@£*$! national health service), which means that i can't get any special consideration (even though the attention deficit is so obvious that it's not even funny), and so to employers it just looks like i'm the most unsuitable employee ever. and until i've gone through all the formalities and got the test results, i can't get the meds to help.

anyway, how did like a whole page of this thread end up being about my ad/hd? let's get back to the subject at hand, which is: EISLEY GET ON A PLANE AND COME TO OUR LOVELY COUNTRY.

Because it sucks that you're going through that!

And my request: DO A FALL TOUR!! I WANT TO GO OVERSEAS AND HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE TO SEE EVERYONE!

Shocked

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

Because it sucks that you're going through that!

And my request: DO A FALL TOUR!! I WANT TO GO OVERSEAS AND HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE TO SEE EVERYONE!

Shocked

and my request: MAkE YOUR OWN THREAD FOR THAT!

jk.

I saw one of my RMPS teachers at lunchtime. I said that Eisley were probably coming to the UK so I may be seing them on the day of my RMPS exam. He suggested a class trip out! I don't know whether he was joking. Still, it's gotta be better than Vardy...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Catey
Lost at Forum

I was already excited about seeing TBS as HelloGoodbye are one of the support acts but if Eisley are to become offical....I'd wet myself haha.

It was rumoured that Matchbook Romance were going to be the 2nd support for TBS but heck I'd rather Eisley now for sure, my friend & I are considering gonig to some of the weekend TBS shows along with the London one we were already attending to get our Eisley fill.

I had a comlpete spazzattack when I read the whole maybe supporting thing :]
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

hellogoodbye supporting taking back sunday in uk tour?

Surprised

then if i bought tickets and eisley weren't playing, taht would still be pretty sweet! Very Happy