Laughing City
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Hey peeps....
have you ever done anything you regretted in your life?
I have.
It's called being human , and coming here to tell of what he did, and ask for forgiveness is way bolder than I could have ever done.
I pretty much think he's dealing with his mistake, so...maybe we could lighten up a bit?
I'm not condoning what he did, just saying that we're all human.
I think he has been sufficiently humiliated.
Besides, we do not know anything about his life, and none of us have walked in his shoes. You all know the saying.
Here's hoping that his life will take a turn for the better!
Anyone else agree?

He decided to come on here and tell us all this stuff so he shouldn't get all offended when people tell him their opinions on the matter or pull the "well you don't know me" line just because he doesn't like what he's hearing.

Protocol Droid

homesick_alien wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Hey peeps....
I have.
It's called being human , and coming here to tell of what he did, and ask for forgiveness is way bolder than I could have ever done.
I pretty much think he's dealing with his mistake, so...maybe we could lighten up a bit?
Besides, we do not know anything about his life, and none of us have walked in his shoes. You all know the saying.
Anyone else agree?

He decided to come on here and tell us all this stuff so he shouldn't get all offended when people tell him their opinions on the matter or pull the "well you don't know me" line just because he doesn't like what he's hearing.

I'm with Kim on the empathy front, but I also agree that he should expect some people to give him the riot act, too.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

Kimbrtones wrote:
Hey peeps....
I have.
Anyone else agree?

definitely. i've done plenty of things in my life that i'm not proud of, and the first step towards becoming a better person is to admit your failings and work towards putting them right. right? maybe for him, this is his way of admitting his failings. it already seems like he's trying to make things right.

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
(thank you mogwai you are all nuts.)
Joined: 04 May 2004 | Posts: 564 | Location: bristol, england
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

dial r for revenge wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Hey peeps....
I have.
Anyone else agree?

definitely. i've done plenty of things in my life that i'm not proud of, and the first step towards becoming a better person is to admit your failings and work towards putting them right. right? maybe for him, this is his way of admitting his failings. it already seems like he's trying to make things right.

*chucks stone*

Very Happy
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Hey peeps....
I have.
Anyone else agree?

*chucks stone*

Very Happy

I'm speaking for patrock when I say... go away.
Laughing Just kidding. But it won't be long before she finds this and tells you herself.

norad
Vintage Newbie

golly_sandra wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Hey peeps....
I have.
Anyone else agree?

*chucks stone*

Very Happy

I'm speaking for patrock when I say... go away.
Laughing Just kidding. But it won't be long before she finds this and tells you herself.

well, andrew has a good point with this thread.
so im now going to tell him to go away.
this time.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

I don't think anybody is denying that every single one of us have done things in the past that we wish we didn't,I myself have done plenty however I don't think the thread starter or anybody else for that matter should expect people on this forum to just basically pat this guy on the back and make him out to be some kind of hero because he admitted doing something that some of us find quite unthinkable.He should be saying this stuff not to us but to his mother and making it up to her in every way possible.If he is willing to put it all in a public forum he has to expect peoples honest opinions whether he likes it or not.Remember,This is not a small child here,this is an adult.

Lost at Forum

homesick_alien wrote:

I don't think anybody is denying that every single one of us have done things in the past that we wish we didn't,I myself have done plenty however I don't think the thread starter or anybody else for that matter should expect people on this forum to just basically pat this guy on the back and make him out to be some kind of hero because he admitted doing something that some of us find quite unthinkable.He should be saying this stuff not to us but to his mother and making it up to her in every way possible.If he is willing to put it all in a public forum he has to expect peoples honest opinions whether he likes it or not.Remember,This is not a small child here,this is an adult.

Yes, because everyone knows adults are void of feeling(s)! As an "adult", I can tell you that we are not. "judge not, and ye shall not be judged" doesn't go for only some of the people, some of the time. I agree with the mother comment, but it's not like he's been sitting behind his computer for the last 48h on this thread! You have no clue, what he is or isn't doing.
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Surely an adult should take on more responsability and know better than a small child...which was my point

I didn't claim to know what he's been doing,nor do I care one tiny bit but I'm well within my rights to post my opinion in this thread that HE decided to start and tell us this disgraceful thing he's done.

Laughing Citizen

i think some of you are being mean and sound like snobs just trying to argue something about why or why he shouldnt have posted this.
well he did post it.

and it seems to me he wrote it just to get it off his chest. there's nothing wrong with that. those of you who are like, man that is so bad what you did! duh, he knows it's bad, so stop being mean about it Mad
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:
i think some of you are being mean and sound like snobs just trying to argue something about why or why he shouldnt have posted this.
well he did post it.

and it seems to me he wrote it just to get it off his chest. there's nothing wrong with that. those of you who are like, man that is so bad what you did! duh, he knows it's bad, so stop being mean about it Mad

yes,he DID post it like you said...so therefore he should expect peoples opinions about it,right? or better still post on a personal blog about the incident.

I don't see how anyone who replied in this thread can be labelled mean .I honestly don't see why people always seem to want complete agreement on here,we're allowed to disagree with one another.

Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
starnothing wrote:
well he did post it.

yes,he DID post it like you said...so therefore he should expect peoples opinions about it,right? or better still post on a personal blog about the incident.

I don't see how anyone who replied in this thread can be labelled mean .I honestly don't see why people always seem to want complete agreement on here,we're allowed to disagree with one another.

paul, you are by far the best boardie ever.
you're amazing.
and always seem to be right about this place.
genious, pure genious.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

LMAO...you're the only one with that opinion Nora Laughing Laughing Laughing
Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
LMAO...you're the only one with that opinion Nora Laughing Laughing Laughing

but that's just becuase people don't like to stray from the groups opinion.
and, i think you're a little too old to be saying "lmao".
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
i think you're a little too old to be saying "lmao".

sad....but true Laughing