Laughing City
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Interesting read. Thanks for the upload. I love the "dream-pop" but this newer "gritty" sound seems interesting. August 14th!
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Garron looks like a little Russian orphan that just got to America and is very confused.
Sea Post King

I don't know how you mess up the ages that much!? And they always put too much makeup on Garron. At least it is obvious to me.

I like Sophie's observation ^ Smile

Can I get the magazine in stores now? Has anyone been able to buy it?

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
JBaker wrote:
I don't doubt it does, it just seems like they had so many songs written and recorded. I'm sure a lot of them will see the light of day, but 10 song albums always seem a bit short to me.

I concur. 10 songs is basically the bare minimum you can seriously call an album, and I feel downright cheated by a ten-song CD that doesn't at least have a bonus track.

Unless it's Sigur Ros. () is epic with it's 8 songs.

marshking
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
Stacy looks gorgeous in that picture

Pshaw, Chauntelle looks SMOKIN' hot!

I actually think Sherri was most photogenic in this picture... I still love that pink hair.

How does someone mess up that dramatically? It was still a nice interview, especially the tidbits on the new album... but the mistakes... ew.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

guitarfreak217 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
JBaker wrote:
I don't doubt it does, it just seems like they had so many songs written and recorded. I'm sure a lot of them will see the light of day, but 10 song albums always seem a bit short to me.

I concur. 10 songs is basically the bare minimum you can seriously call an album, and I feel downright cheated by a ten-song CD that doesn't at least have a bonus track.

Unless it's Sigur Ros. () is epic with it's 8 songs.

It helps that they're all about seven minutes long.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

marshking wrote:
How does someone mess up that dramatically? It was still a nice interview, especially the tidbits on the new album... but the mistakes... ew.

Well, I thought they only messed up a few ages ...

I like getting value out of my CD purchases, too, but if an album is 10 songs long, it's 10 songs long. There was a great relevant Arcade Fire quote I saw recently. I might have to find that.

Weezer's "Pinkerton" is 10 songs and 35 minutes long, and is widely loved (after being widely despised). I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty positive that Combinations weighs in at more than 35 minutes. (I wouldn't quote me on that, but I did ask upon hearing the number of songs on the album.)

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

There shouldn't be fuss over a ten-track album. The only reason to feel "cheated" at all by an album if it contains filler, which could appear in any sized track listing.

I feel ten is solid number that assures people of the quality of an album.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I tended to like the longer Radiohead albums. Hail to the Thief, Ok Computer, and The Bends are probably my top three.

Therefore ---------------------------------------> longer is always better

EDIT: FIXED FOR TEDDY

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
Last edited by DRMS_7888 on Thu May 24, 2007 10:00 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

golly andrew wrote:
The only reason to feel "cheated" at all by an album if it contains filler, which could appear in any sized track listing.

I feel ten is solid number that assures people of the quality of an album.

That pretty much sums it up well for me.

EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Therefore ---> longer is always better

The most accurate, universal observation anyone will ever make.

Maybe lengthen the arrow a little bit, too.

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

parrishdup wrote:
I don't know how you mess up the ages that much!? And they always put too much makeup on Garron. At least it is obvious to me.

I like Sophie's observation ^ Smile

Can I get the magazine in stores now? Has anyone been able to buy it?

The makeup person messed up this one on him, for sure. Doesn't Garron get a free copy of the magazine with his article in it? Seems that is the least they should do (although I understand the magazine and Eisley both benefit each other here).
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

In the article, it was mentioned (by Sherri maybe, I have to look again) that "Invasion" was the only song they wrote together. AND I remember someone (TheAntrider, I think) stating in another thread about how just cuz one person sings something, it doesn't mean they wrote it.....

I hope they maybe have in their inlay who wrote what song. If that's possible! I mean we get bits from what Boyd and the band says sometimes (for instance, he said indirectly that Sherri penned Many Funerals. From an old Sherri journal, she mentioned writing a song called Marsh King's Daughter. There's a couple other instances with new and old songs where if you read everything you can maybe figure it out.)

I dont' know; just knowing it as "an Eisley song" is great, but it would also be interesting to see who did what in relation to lyrics! Especially since we assume that just because, say Stacy, is singing, she wrote it...But you can't count on that. Just a thought after reading that bit about their lyrics evolving.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Yeah, it would be interesting to see who does what and so on.

Mystic210 wrote:
In the article, it was mentioned (by Sherri maybe, I have to look again) that "Invasion" was the only song they wrote together. AND I remember someone (TheAntrider, I think) stating in another thread about how just cuz one person sings something, it doesn't mean they wrote it.....

It did say it was the only song they wrote completely together (I think that's what it said). I think that leaves plenty of room for tweaks, lines, etc., though.

Christophjam
Sea Post King

Mystic210 wrote:

I hope they maybe have in their inlay who wrote what song. If that's possible!

I think that'd be very cool. Veruca Salt's 8 Arms to Hold You With album had one of those. However, a lot of bands try to present a sort of unified front on who wrote what. Like on Tegan and Sara's albums, their songs are written seperately, but I think all songs get copywritten to both of them, because they each collaborate on each other's material . And whereas Eisley's songwriting process seems to be a little more cohesive than that, it's unlikely they'd seperate themselves like that. In my opinion.

That being said, it'd be cool if they did like one of those saddle creek things where they mentioned who did what on each track, like so you could see who played or who sang on each track. That'd be cool.