Laughing City

Who are you most likely going to vote for in the 2008 presidential election?
Barack Obama
37%
 37%  [ 22 ]
Hillary Clinton
20%
 20%  [ 12 ]
Ron Paul
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
John McCain
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Mitt Romney
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 59

chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

if obama gets the nomination i'll probably vote for him. If hillary gets it i'll probably vote for whoever is running against her. But no matter what, i'm not voting for some religious right nutcase. I'd rather vote for hillary then someone pushing a religious agenda. Didn't one candidate say they're going to make the constitution reflect the bible or something? ..there's more then just christians in America you know. sheesh thanks but no thanks.

I like Ron Paul in a way but he's just too radical. if he got elected he'd be constantly stonewalled from every direction. He'd be the most powerless president of all time.

btw, is Obama for gay marriage? If a candidate is against gay marriage that pretty much seals the deal on a no-vote from me. gays pay taxes therefore gays should be afforded all civil rights and privileges. marriage is a civil contract with tax benefits, denying marriage to gays is like denying the right to vote to blacks.

leighish
Vintage Newbie

Huckabee wins my "if this guy wins, I'm moving back to canada" vote.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Personally I liked Kucinich best, but he's too much of a social democrat to be given a real chance by the party. Even if he were still in the race I'd feel like it's a wasted vote, so I'll be supporting Obama.
Vintage Newbie

chasd00 wrote:
if obama gets the nomination i'll probably vote for him. If hillary gets it i'll probably vote for whoever is running against her. But no matter what, i'm not voting for some religious right nutcase. I'd rather vote for hillary then someone pushing a religious agenda. Didn't one candidate say they're going to make the constitution reflect the bible or something? ..there's more then just christians in America you know. sheesh thanks but no thanks.

I like Ron Paul in a way but he's just too radical. if he got elected he'd be constantly stonewalled from every direction. He'd be the most powerless president of all time.

btw, is Obama for gay marriage? If a candidate is against gay marriage that pretty much seals the deal on a no-vote from me. gays pay taxes therefore gays should be afforded all civil rights and privileges. marriage is a civil contract with tax benefits, denying marriage to gays is like denying the right to vote to blacks.

Bill Maher was on Larry King last night talking about how Huckabee wanted the constitution to reflect the bible. I don't know how much weight I'd put in that tray but still... I probably wouldn't vote for Huckabee.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

chasd00 wrote:

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Civil_Rights.htm#Gay_Righ ts

on gay marriage: "For many practicing Christians, the inability to compromise may apply to gay marriage. I find such a position troublesome, particularly in a society in which Christian men and women have been known to engage in adultery or other violations of their faith without civil penalty. I believe that American society can choose to carve out a special place for the union of a man and a woman as the unit of child rearing most common to every culture. I am not willing to have the state deny American citizens a civil union that confers equivalent rights no such basic matters as hospital visitation or health insurance coverage simlpy because the people they love are of the same sex--nor am I willing to accept a readingof the Bible that considers an obscure line in Romans to be more defining of Christianity than the Sermon on the Mount.
The heightened focus on marriage is a distraction from other, attainable measures to prevent discrimination and gays and lesbians. "

so, he's against gay "marriage" but he's for civil unions and very pro gay rights. i like that he supports health benefits for gay civil partners. i think that's really important.
im the sea king
Golly, Poster

chichen02 wrote:
im the sea king wrote:
BARACK...

please no romney, or huckabee. mccain i could take but no romney or mccain

wait..... what? mccain but no mccain?

hahah oops...just noticed that, mccain i could take but no romeny or HUCKABEE...

wait for it

DARY!
kaitlinx
Sea Post King

Hillary Clinton, for sure. She has much more experience than Obama does and there's something about Obama that I just don't like. He seems really naive. Plus, he's running the whole "I'M THE PRESIDENT FOR CHANGE, BLAHBLAHBLAH CHANGE BLAHBLAHBLAH!" Yeah, of course you're for change, you're a Democrat and Bush is a Republican, but you can only do what the senate and congress allows you to in the period of 4 or 8 years. Any one else (especially a Democrat) who gets voted into office is gonna make changes, too, he's not the only one.

With that being said, if Obama does end up getting the Democratic nomination, I will still vote for him over whatever Republican candidate is running against him. I wish I could vote in my state's primary but it happens before my birthday in June so I can't. I'll be able to vote in the general election, though.

"I'm bringing the awesome every single day, in every single way." -Mark Hoppus
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

leighish wrote:
Huckabee wins my "if this guy wins, I'm moving back to canada" vote.

That is exactly what I said about Bush lol. Well, it looks like I'm still here. Embarassed

guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

kaitlinx wrote:
Hillary Clinton, for sure. She has much more experience than Obama does and there's something about Obama that I just don't like.

Experience doing what? Question

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

guitargirl wrote:
kaitlinx wrote:
Hillary Clinton, for sure. She has much more experience than Obama does and there's something about Obama that I just don't like.

Watching someone else be president?

Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
kaitlinx wrote:

Watching someone else be president?

No, you're all off. Watching her ass get bigger.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
kaitlinx
Sea Post King

guitargirl wrote:
kaitlinx wrote:

She has more experience with politics in general. Obama really only has Senator of Illinois to his name, while Clinton has been a lawyer since the 1970's, she was very involved when Bill Clinton was president, and she is the Senator of New York.
I'm not saying Obama doesn't have any experience because he obviously does but Hillary has been around longer and, in my opinion, is more qualified.
(Just a little subnote, I don't know A TON about politics, and I suck when it comes to political debates, but I know enough of what I think is important, so if I have information wrong don't take it to heart. I'm not trying to start a board fight.)

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

kaitlinx wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
kaitlinx wrote:

She has more experience with politics in general. Obama really only has Senator of Illinois to his name, while Clinton has been a lawyer since the 1970's, she was very involved when Bill Clinton was president, and she is the Senator of New York.
I'm not saying Obama doesn't have any experience because he obviously does but Hillary has been around longer and, in my opinion, is more qualified.
(Just a little subnote, I don't know A TON about politics, and I suck when it comes to political debates, but I know enough of what I think is important, so if I have information wrong don't take it to heart. I'm not trying to start a board fight.)

Obama won his seat by default.

kaitlinx
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
Obama won his seat by default.

Elaborate, please? Did nobody run against him or did something else happen. I'm assuming you're talking about him being Senator of Illinois?

leighish
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
chasd00 wrote:

Bill Maher was on Larry King last night talking about how Huckabee wanted the constitution to reflect the bible. I don't know how much weight I'd put in that tray but still... I probably wouldn't vote for Huckabee.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/15/579265.aspx

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>