Laughing City
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Dan and Sam wrote:
The vinyl Room Noises seems to show up on eBay every couple of months... that's where I got mine several years ago, and I've probably seen at least half-a-dozen since then. So be patient and keep watching.
Good luck Smile

I told you so.... Wink Hope you get it!

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I set my max bid at $45. There were 20 minutes left, I was the highest bidder (it was at $31) and when I got out of the shower bidding had ended. Someone else got it for 56.

I would've paid that much, too. If someone has a copy still that they would like to get rid of, I will gladly take it off their hands for $50.

So mad right now. SDFdsjfhskdfhkjdsfhd.

http://inconnumag.com
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

bummer! Sad
Don't give up! Keep watching eBay... the LP really does show up every few months... Good Luck! Smile

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

If someone has a copy of Room Noises Vinyl to sell, PM marshkingsdaughter. If you see a copy of it on ebay, PM marshkingsdaughter. I am afraid if the next ebay link shows up in this thread, that is just going to have the same outcome (way too much money for an LP). The simple act of posting on Laughing City can drive an ebay auction at times. Have seen it before. Strange when the ladies of Eisley painted those bags with owls on them a few years ago the same results did not happen. But usually a post at LC brings in a lot more action on an auction than otherwise would be the case without the post.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
If someone has a copy of Room Noises Vinyl to sell, PM marshkingsdaughter. If you see a copy of it on ebay, PM marshkingsdaughter. I am afraid if the next ebay link shows up in this thread, that is just going to have the same outcome (way too much money for an LP). The simple act of posting on Laughing City can drive an ebay auction at times. Have seen it before. Strange when the ladies of Eisley painted those bags with owls on them a few years ago the same results did not happen. But usually a post at LC brings in a lot more action on an auction than otherwise would be the case without the post.

And the problem is...?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:

And the problem is...?

I am pointing out the obvious - that if you want to help marshkingsdaughter in their quest to get the elusive RN Vinyl, don't post the link but rather PM. The problem, quite obviously, is the limited availability. The solution, quite obviously, is not posted links to auctions on Laughing City if you want the outcome to be that marshkingsdaughter can afford the record. Of course if it's your record for sale, then by all means post the link and get what you can get. But if it's just some record reseller's link, why drive up the cost?
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I have a copy, but I certainly won't be selling it.

I just find your motives suspect. I mean, you are saying that one (marsh) is getting "cheated" out of the LP by posting the link to the auction.

So your solution is to "cheat" others out and give Marsh the advantage?

Sounds fishy to me.

But whatever, it is just an LP not the end of the world.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
I have a copy, but I certainly won't be selling it.

I just find your motives suspect. I mean, you are saying that one (marsh) is getting "cheated" out of the LP by posting the link to the auction.

Sounds fishy to me.

But whatever, it is just an LP not the end of the world.

The above statement is utter rubbish. I made no such suggestion that marsh was cheated, and my solution cheats nobody. You're looking to pick a fight, it seems to me. But, as you say, whatever...
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

last time i saw one was at Forever Young around the Dallas area.

maybe you could contact them to see:

http://www.foreveryoungrecords.com/index.asp

i remember them being kinda high, but they have such a huge place - like a warehouse - and stock that i guess they have to pay for it somehow. you can find about anything though.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Forever YOung is such a cool place. I have pictures of me in that place. It is awesome.

I will be heading to a large record shop this weekend. I doubt it will be there since it is in the middle of nowheresville Iowa. But if it is there and for a reasonable price, I will pick it up.

You're looking to pick a fight, it seems to me.

I was more playing Devil's Advocate. But context is lost on the interwebs as the case may be.

wilsmith wrote:

Last edited by mr pine on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:

Sounds fishy to me.

The above statement is utter rubbish.

QFT.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address