Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>

Will the Cubs win the World Series in 2008?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
No
84%
 84%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 53

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
uncreative wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
Build a new stadium, it worked for the Red Sox!

wat

At 96 years old, Fenway is still a relatively new ball park.

My Bad, I should have been specific and said Renovate or Build a new stadium...

But really, sans Manny they might as well plow the old park, cause with he, Damon, and Pedro gone, it'll never be the same.

I think BNROCKS will tell you Fenway Park has way more history to it than a headcase, a trader, and a really good pitcher (the last one didn't fit with the other two...). If they were to replace it, it would be because it is too old to support a MLB team. I think they were trying to build a replica of it to replace it earlier in the decade, but that fell through. But as long as it is safe and practical, it will be the home of the Boston Red Sox.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

My reply fell behind on the last page, uncreative, but yeah your comments hold true as well here.

Dropping those three players were A+ decisions.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
My reply fell behind on the last page, uncreative, but yeah your comments hold true as well here.

Dropping those three players were A+ decisions.

I meant personality wise, not talent wise. They're no fun anymore. I watched them beat the Cardinals with a smile on my face, as a St. Louisan, because to see that group make history was made all the better because they were such a funny motley crew.

They are still a great team athletically and competitively, but the sport alone isn't as entertaining as it was during Theo Eptstein's first run. That's just my opinion. I'm not a fantasy leaguer or anything. I gave up on being a diehard fan of any sport in middle school when I somehow became a Bills fan the season leading into Superbown XXV (Norwood, need I say more.)

That killed it for me. I saw Buster Douglas beat Tyson on HBO when it happened, and that was a moment of joy, ever so briefly, until his very next fight, so it's just not meant to be for me as a die hard sports fan. I was rooting for the Pats just so I wouldn't have to hear Mercury Morris anymore. oh well I had a feeling the Giants would win Again, no redemption... I had a feeling the Celts would pull it off (the fix was in I tell ya).

But yeah, it's about time the Cubs won the series.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Well, you can't say the Ray's aren't for real! Phillies go down 4-2. Ray's kept them 1 for 28 with runners in scoring position! Can they do it on the road? Smile
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

mikep0922 wrote:
Well, you can't say the Ray's aren't for real!

You know I already stated in this thread that I admire the Rays, but if they or their fans are still saying things like this it is really getting annoying. Any true baseball fan knew the Rays were going to be good by June, and knew they had "it" when they won those two late series against the Sox in September.

Really, drop it. That and the cowbells. Wink
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

BNROCKS wrote:
That and the cowbells. Wink

Oh god, yes. I was sorely tempted to watch the ALCS on mute because of those Evil or Very Mad

Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
That and the cowbells. Wink

Oh god, yes. I was sorely tempted to watch the ALCS on mute because of those Evil or Very Mad

Amen to that, and erase Joe & Tim too. I don't know which is more annoying, the cowbells or those numbskulls' constant babble. How many times has McCarver predicted something that didn't happen so far? The best was the Phillie pitching coach's visit to the mound, he says, "I guarantee you he'll say something to the home plate umpire about that checked swing call..........Nope!" Don't buy anything from that tool as his guarantees last about 5 seconds.

mikep0922 wrote:
Well, you can't say the Ray's aren't for real! Phillies go down 4-2. Ray's kept them 1 for 28 with runners in scoring position! Can they do it on the road? Smile

"Why don't they do it on the road?" Always room for some Beatles humor Very Happy

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

"Cow bells!" Not nearly as annoying as the Atlanta Braves' "Tomahawk chop!"
Rolling Eyes

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

No Phillies fans around here?
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Game #5 suspended, wtf?!
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, too bad, it was a good game going. But the weather was terrible. A field can only take so much water. But that BJ Upton steal of second was impressive considering how wet the infield was. I'm surprised he got such a good jump. Actually, I'm a little surprised he went for it. The announcers were saying he probably wouldn't in these conditions, and that was going to really hurt the Rays since they rely on their running ability so much. I actually jumped out of my seat when he slid in safe, and I jumped up and yelled a little when Pena hit him home. I'm not a Rays fan, but I'm pulling for them to win this series.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

So how pissed are you right now if you're a Phils fan? You lose the complete use of your ace in an eliminationg game because they think that some miracle will divert the rain cloud and it won't rain all night as forecasted.

Bud Selig is a joke, imo.

Terrible decision making, terrible umpiring, terrible marketing, terrible time for Longoria and Crawford to slump. Possibly the worst WS I can remember.

Imagine if the Rays didn't tie it up, the game went a little further, and the Phils won due to a rain out?
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Well, the Rays had a heck of a ride this season! Winning 97 regular season games, best record in baseball, beating the the World champion Red Sox in the ALCS! Making it to the series in their first 10 years! I'm happy! Smile
Xarisnon
Sea Post King

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOoo
PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joined: 18 Jul 2007 | Posts: 209 | Location: Philidalphea, PA
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Bye bye Baseball. Crying or Very sad

JUST WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR. Very Happy

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>