Laughing City
curiousted
Sea Post King

Wow! Went to my first Eisley show last night and they are as amazing live as they are on CD. Only one complaint: Whoever was behind the mixing board at The Paradise did an awful job! Everything was overly LOUD, to the point of distortion. Too much bass and drums and not enough keys and vox.
Kudos to Weston for being a monster on the drums despite having a fever and the flu. You rock, dude!
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

IDK where you were standing (I was by Chauntelle) but the sound got a lot better after the first few songs. By the end it was pretty close to as perfect as you can get at the Paradise.
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

curiousted wrote:
Wow! Went to my first Eisley show last night and they are as amazing live as they are on CD. Only one complaint: Whoever was behind the mixing board at The Paradise did an awful job! Everything was overly LOUD, to the point of distortion. Too much bass and drums and not enough keys and vox.
Kudos to Weston for being a monster on the drums despite having a fever and the flu. You rock, dude!

Sorry, that's an insanely tough room to mix in. It was way better than in 06, though. They at least let me mix from the floor.
pzy
Wookie Luke

The Paradise is always a little disappointing in its sound quality, but Mark did a great job for what he had to work with. I remember seeing Mew there about a year ago, and the sound almost ruined the experience of Mew.

They really should just tear down EVERY VENUE IN BOSTON and ONLY MAKE NICE ONES.

I have high hopes for the House of Blues opening in the next year.

curiousted
Sea Post King

Kappa962 wrote:
Sorry, that's an insanely tough room to mix in. It was way better than in 06, though. They at least let me mix from the floor.

I was standing on Sherri's side of the stage and the PA sounded like it was breaking up; lots of crackling from the overhead speakers combined with a fair amount of feedback. I don't go to the Paradise very often, so my apologies for the harsh-sounding criticism. You certainly know better than I what can and can't be done given the acoustical limitations of the room.

Great show albeit a loud one.
curiousted
Sea Post King

pzykotic wrote:
The Paradise is always a little disappointing in its sound quality, but Mark did a great job for what he had to work with. I remember seeing Mew there about a year ago, and the sound almost ruined the experience of Mew.

They really should just tear down EVERY VENUE IN BOSTON and ONLY MAKE NICE ONES.

Agreed! Avalon was a much better sounding room than the Paradise. The same group that built Avalon is putting the new House of Blues together. Maybe it will be finished before Eisley returns to Beantown? Smile
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

pzykotic wrote:

Luke you know you want to see Eisley at TT the Bears again. Cool Did you guys make on the fly adjustments? I ask because 4 or 5 songs in the sound quality when way up.

Chauntelle's side was were it's at last night - We got her, the asian guitarist from The Myriad, and when the chick from Vedera played guitar she stood near us.
pzy
Wookie Luke

That TT's show was really, really incredible. I dunno what kind of magic was in the wires that night, but it was amazing!

I think Eisley should be the first headliner for the new HoB. It's only fair!

Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

I just talked to the Myriad's sound guy, and he said the right side was quite a bit worse than the left. I only had a chance to check out the right side during sound check, when it seemed ok then. Even if I had been aware, I don't know if there would have been anything I could do about it. You can't really undistort things. The other wierd thing about that place was that any small amount of reverb I would add would sound like loads and loads of verb.

And we really need to play TT's again. Isn't that place all ages?
curiousted
Sea Post King

Kappa962 wrote:

Not sure if TT's is an all ages venue. Have you looked into The Middle East? They are right around the corner from TTs and have a medium-size upstairs room and a cavernous downstairs room. The acoustics are pretty good, too.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

curiousted wrote:
Kappa962 wrote:

Not sure if TT's is an all ages venue. Have you looked into The Middle East? They are right around the corner from TTs and have a medium-size upstairs room and a cavernous downstairs room. The acoustics are pretty good, too.

I can't say I've ever seen an all-ages show being billed at TT's, but I know that Middle East does 'em.

Vintage Newbie

I've never seen an all ages show at the Middle East, either. They're all so small that they rake in their cash on alcohol, not tickets.

Anyway, my first Eisley show (believe it or not) was the one last night. And other than the weird feedback, I thought it was pretty fantastic sounding and fun.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

hisownshot wrote:
I've never seen an all ages show at the Middle East, either. They're all so small that they rake in their cash on alcohol, not tickets.

The Middle East, both upstairs and downstairs, is pretty accommodating to bands whose core audience tends towards the younger side of things. Usually the shows start a little earlier than normal, though (doors at 6 or 7 instead of 8, etc.)

Wookie Luke

Mooncutter wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

The Middle East, both upstairs and downstairs, is pretty accommodating to bands whose core audience tends towards the younger side of things. Usually the shows start a little earlier than normal, though (doors at 6 or 7 instead of 8, etc.)

Really? The last show I saw at the Middle East upstairs was Midlake, and their set started at 12:15 AM Mad

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

pzykotic wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

Really? The last show I saw at the Middle East upstairs was Midlake, and their set started at 12:15 AM Mad

Yeah the last show I saw at the Middle East had three bands and the headliners weren't yet done when I left at 1am
But yeah I just looked (http://www.mideastclub.com/), it seems a lot are 18+ but there are a handful of all ages, as well. Guess it depends on the band!

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>