Laughing City
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Yeah it's one of my favorite Eisley songs. The intro Stacy does is awesome cool, and the breakdown is nice too.
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Marvelousgreen
Sea Post King

I met the Lady of the wood once...although I didn't find her, i just got lost myself. She was very nice though, but she wouldn't tell me who took her away, she seemed to say it was "a dumb prank by some kids" or thats the best way she could explain it that i could understand but you know how she is, a bit cryptic............. yaaaaaaaaaa Wink
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Yes, I love the intro and fantasy-filled lyrics. Nice song. I listened over and over again the first time I heard it.
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
expectedperfection
Sea Post King

YES! LOTW is my FAVE FAVE FAVORITE eisley song hands down! i'm so glad they've started playing it again--it would be awesome if it were on the next record! they played it at the austin show at antones back in april and i was sooooooooo happy:) i'm from texas but i was studying in england for two semesters and i flew home for that show b/c i didn't want to miss the tour and it was the perfect little treat for my ears. the show would have been worth coming home for either way, but the fact that my favorite song was played live for the first time (at least the first time for me anyway) made me so sublime and elated and warm and fuzzy.

and does anyone know why the intro isn't played anymore? is it really b/c it's from some book or something?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
muffinbreath
Sea Post King

emilytee<3 wrote:
ow! my goodness that is just stupid i really don't care what my big sister comments on my eisley blog really it is not a big deal to me so it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone else geez people need to stop takeing everything so seriously like everyone could have saw that she was joking!!! Confused

some people are just very uptight and ready to pounce on anyone who doesn't type nice, heavenly things on here.
don't worry about it.
norad
Vintage Newbie

tawnysigala wrote:
emilytee<3 wrote:
ow! my goodness that is just stupid i really don't care what my big sister comments on my eisley blog really it is not a big deal to me so it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone else geez people need to stop takeing everything so seriously like everyone could have saw that she was joking!!! Confused

some people are just very uptight and ready to pounce on anyone who doesn't type nice, heavenly things on here.
don't worry about it.

And, of course, it was a simple misunderstanding that was settled months ago. I'm sure it was all forgotten by now. Haha.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
tawnysigala wrote:
emilytee<3 wrote:

don't worry about it.

And, of course, it was a simple misunderstanding that was settled months ago. I'm sure it was all forgotten by now. Haha.

Yeah, I blocked this thread and its associated trouble from my memory a long time ago. But I guess some people felt the need to bring it up again. Thanks!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Hm.

Well, since this is old stuff, I'll lock it, but first:

The "intro" isn't played anymore because it was actually not an intro. It was just the beginnings of the song before they finished writing it. Most of the songs begin with a piano/organ, vocal and/or guitar part and develop from there. So that part they introed shows with was just the slightly developed shape of the song before they fleshed it out. Though it is quite nice for the skeleton of a song, for sure.

(I might be wrong, though.)

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers