Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
tungsten
Sea Post King

^^^ YES. They are probably some of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. And her lyrics have reached an astronomical new level. Songs that are more unusual like 'Endless Sleep' show that brilliance . . . I've never heard something that had such an impact on me by a female singer unless it was Joni Mitchell's Blue.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

tungsten wrote:
^^^ YES. They are probably some of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. And her lyrics have reached an astronomical new level. Songs that are more unusual like 'Endless Sleep' show that brilliance . . . I've never heard something that had such an impact on me by a female singer unless it was Joni Mitchell's Blue.
Pretty much.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
Saellys wrote:
The Man In The Moon wrote:
do you guys think this album displays this aspect of stacy?

Nope. It's purdy, but it's not even a slice of what she's capable of accomplishing.

yea, that's what i'm leaning to. i think if stacy were to really explore and push musical boundaries, it'd be a bit different from this. my other question is, are there any songs (eisley or sucre) that have any of stacy's supposed musical genius peak through?

(a friend of mine talked to their combinations producer and he said a ton of glowing things about stacy)

As a songwriter, if she can evoke and expand on Kate Bush, and also Fleetwood Mac in affective exemplary ways, she's a genius and showing it by my book.

That said I would say that for me, ICBT4U (a mixture of both the mac and Kate Bush in a way), The Valley (Kate Bush 100% says Wil), and Laugh It Off (I actually wish this WAS on Rumors, dare I say the album would be even better?!?!?) are testaments of her genius.

Hiding Out and When We Were Young both display a grasp of contemporary sensibilities in a way that we haven't heard from Eisley, and she sounds good doing it. Sometimes genius isn't pure innovation, it's extreme aptitude, as in Stacy can do just about anything she seems keen on, Well. That is genius just as much as, let's say Bjork's Medulla (which is an abomination to her discography in my opinion, but a maverick move executed with utmost attention to detail and artistic integrity).

That

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
Hiding Out live! It is beyond amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4pvygdrsQ
Did it hurt, Stacy?

I mean, holy $#@! crap. Completely blows anything Eisley has ever done away, imo.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

tahruh wrote:
norad wrote:
Hiding Out live! It is beyond amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4pvygdrsQ
Did it hurt, Stacy?

I mean, holy $#@! crap. Completely blows anything Eisley has ever done away, imo.

i don't know. to me sucre and eisley are too different. but it would be nice to hear eisley to some weirder stuff for LP4 and incorporate strings and an orchestra. i can see them doing something with the same feel of ok computer or muse's the resistance (cept i'm not a huge muse fan, but i think they do have some cool ideas)

EDIT

anyone else have anymore opinions in songs that showcase stacy's genius?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

jeez tahruh... Confused

well, credit to you, I didn't listen to this one other than the first stream when it was posted free, so lyrics escaped me and now that you went for the throat... I see your point.

Grown folks music. Neutral

and yeah, to think they were sitting on these gems so long. They knew what they had on hand.

And don't forget that there's Eisley (vocalists at least) with a full orchestra we have yet to see that might just raise the bar higher given they did cuts from everybody's favorite Eisley LP Wink

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Laughing That's what ruined them! Although perhaps it would be fine not under the influence of such a producer.

I mean, I am admittedly 100% pro Sucre. But I will (and believe already did) say that Deep Space shows tons of promise.

As long as Sucre gets a fair shot (and it seems to be), I'm good.

BTW, Sigur Ros just announced a US tour. HOW PERFECT WOULD THAT BE? I mean, seriously.

Last edited by tahruh on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:

And don't forget that there's Eisley (vocalists at least) with a full orchestra we have yet to see that might just raise the bar higher given they did cuts from everybody's favorite Eisley LP Wink

they never got the files/songs. i asked via twitter a while back

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

MITM - You read me loud and clear, but...

@tahruh if you mean Eisley with an Orchestra being what ruined them with a producer, you got me mistaken, I mean the concert they did in Seattle that was filmed but never released Idea

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

That was in response to him! Or her. Whoops, don't know...

Edit:: derppppp. Him...

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

tahruh wrote:
That was in response to him! Or her. Whoops, don't know...

Edit:: derppppp. Him...

are you talking about me?

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

...Yes. Laughing
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

well, for future clarification, i am a guy. Laughing

now back onto topic, about stacy's musical genius and prowess...

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

for a second there I thought there might be a smackdown.
man that refresh rate is a little too spirited for my taste, slow down there fellas

nemo1
Sea Post King

Thanks, Wil..

I started a little higher up in the thread so I overlooked one of your entries. I was wracking my brain thinking what would constitute musical "genius", and you hit it with Kate Bush. Not sure who else to lump in that category- probably Laurie Anderson back in the old days. I do believe that genius is more than writing pretty songs-- it's innovating, doing things that nobody has heard before or considered doing, and doing it so it sounds good. And those 2 had/ have a vision that was exclusively their own -- ie, they didn't create in a collaboarative process.

Can't say that Sucre has expanded the musical template, but Stacy is still young, so there's time for her to hit the genius level yet Smile And it's better than most of the other music that gets made and distributed. Based on Deep Space (Which is still kind of a Kate Bush-y song), it might be Sherri that hits the genius bell first..

Now excuse me, cuz I have to get back to Carly Rae Jepsen. She wants me to call her... maybe Rolling Eyes
Last edited by nemo1 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>