Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

chubbygumby wrote:
yea, that always works for me too.

you could also try copying & pasting this url... rtsp://qt.wbr.com/eisley/TE/eisley_telescope-eyes_700.mov into the address field in quicktime by selecting "Open URL in New Player..." then adding it to your favorites so you can watch it whenever you want. Wink

how do you get the url for the wmp file, and/or what is it?

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

oh my gosh, guys!!!!! this whole time i thought u were talking about the old telescope eyes vid...the home video one. i was like, i already saw that.
didnt know they had this one!! it's cute.

i think they should come out w/a tree tops video even though it's not on the record and make it outside where theres lots of grass..that would be so pretty. <3

what does it say at the very end??
"now we are all DONE"?
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

starnothing wrote:
"now we are all DONE"?

I am fairly sure it says "Now we are alone"
boone
Vintage Newbie

Admiral79 wrote:
On the commercial side, it seems clear that Sherri is going to be marketed as the figurehead of the group. I wonder if its because she's arguably the more "attractive" of the sisters or because she writes most of the songs? I'm thinking the former. I was also kind of surprised the amount of screentime that Jon got in the video compared to the rest of the siblings. Maybe his look will be marketed as well.

I'm pretty sure that all the girls are attractive. Smile

But it seems like they're setting up all the members to be getting equal screentime when it comes to PR stuff. Hopefully that's what it means.

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Did anyone see who was the creative influence behind the video? It seems like there is a lot of conjecture over what it is supposed to be or mean, but that is much tougher to gauge without knowing who actually put it together. There is no telling how much influence WB has now. I don't mind as long as it does not extend into their music. Then WB will have to answer to all of us!

JD

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

boone wrote:
Admiral79 wrote:
On the commercial side, it seems clear that Sherri is going to be marketed as the figurehead of the group. I wonder if its because she's arguably the more "attractive" of the sisters or because she writes most of the songs? I'm thinking the former. I was also kind of surprised the amount of screentime that Jon got in the video compared to the rest of the siblings. Maybe his look will be marketed as well.

I'm pretty sure that all the girls are attractive. Smile

But it seems like they're setting up all the members to be getting equal screentime when it comes to PR stuff. Hopefully that's what it means.

All the girls are attractive, but there is something about Sherri. Really though, it could only be Sherri or Stacy in the role of figurehead. Its only a role that the lead singer can have. I think it has become Sherri's duty because she's older and writes most the songs.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'm pretty sure Sherri has the most face time because she has the most vocal time in the song. If Chauntelle had done the Sherri role, it would have been awkward storytelling-wise. This is supposed to be easy to watch, too. It's like an ensemble TV show, sometimes one character gets more attention than the others, but in the long run they all break even. We're just watching the first episode.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

It will be interesting to see, but even in the "Marvelous Things" video Sherri got the most screen time and Stacy sings lead on that song. But, none of them seem to really want to be in the lime light more than the rest, so we'll see if the pattern holds true. Because the media needs a face to put with the band and I don't think its a coincidence that Sherri is in the front center of most of the band pics.
boone
Vintage Newbie

I think I've seen Stacy front-and-center just as much as Sherri in pictures. And I didn't see anybody really stand out the most in the "Marvelous Things" video, but Sherri did get one of the best shots, where she turns backwards, and it cuts to her singing.

I think you might just notice Sherri more than everbody else.

So the real question is: John or Paul?

breauxman
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:

I was always more of a George fan myself.
Joined: 04 Oct 2004 | Posts: 2264 | Location: Lost and Found
boone
Vintage Newbie

breauxman wrote:
boone wrote:

I was always more of a George fan myself.

You stole my answer.

...Maybe my name is Shooter, but maybe it isn't Shooter...

breauxman
Vintage Newbie

While John and Paul garnered most of the publics attention, there's no denying that George was the heart and soul of the band.
Joined: 04 Oct 2004 | Posts: 2264 | Location: Lost and Found
Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

People say I look like George...when I have long hair.

Skabro Mr. Green

i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

I know I dregging up something a little dated, but is anyone sure how the video relates to the song? Are they supposed to be picking on Sherri, eventhough she doesn't have metal teeth or telescope eyes (unless she wears contacts, which isn't the same thing at all).

Also, I just looked at the "Marvelous Things" video again, and they do a really good job of splitting up the face time among the band. No one gets so much as to set them up as the front person. Maybe the face time Sherri got in "Telescope Eyes" was for the video's theme, or maybe it was WB's influence.

JD

P.S. All the girls are pretty, but Sherri's look in the MT video does funny things to me...

boone
Vintage Newbie

Sherri's dress rocked. I think Stacy's did, too, but I can't remember.

The video doesn't really have anything to do with the song. But you can kind of make it fit. I'm not really worried about it.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>