Laughing City
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

Kayci wrote:
People aren't required to care for the opening bands, and it might be annoying to have to sit through something you don't care for, but geez! You'd think people ought to have just a grain of respect for other people and not act that way.

way to represent! Cool show respect for opening bands

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Caley wrote:

Then I think someone beered one of them at one of the Australia shows as well.

That doesn't sound like an australian,we don't like wasting our beer Laughing

Lost at Forum

homesick_alien wrote:
Caley wrote:

Then I think someone beered one of them at one of the Australia shows as well.

That doesn't sound like an australian,we don't like wasting our beer Laughing

Haha, coming straight from an Aussie I guess I'll have to take your word for it. Laughing

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

no one is telling the whole story

what actually happened was is the guy threw the bottle and Garron leaped out of no where, grabbed it in mid air and flung it back at the guy, dead-on accuracy, cut through the dude's frontal lobe, labotomized him on the spot.

Garron felt awful but when the bobbys got there he found out the state had already issued a required labotomy for that guy anyway and he was in fact an escaped mental patient. Heralded as a hero and an unofficial state employee Garron was to be brought before the queen to receive tea the very next day. However Eisley ran into some fire golems on the way to Buckingham Palace and we all know how tough it can be to fight fire golems, even if you are a super powered family team. By the time they got the last one tea time was long over and the queen was none too happy with Garron. So they took him to the Ministry of something or other...maybe Secrets? or Mysteries? Those limey wankers change the names around all the time to confuse us, anyway, long story short, band can't talk about it, matter of national security, England's Home Land Security allowed them to finish the tour but Eisley has to clear their baggage through a hardcore screening process before they can leave or re-enter the country.
Makes trips to Ireland a real bitch.
norad
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:

what actually happened was is the guy threw the bottle and Garron leaped out of no where, grabbed it in mid air and flung it back at the guy, dead-on accuracy, cut through the dude's frontal lobe, labotomized him on the spot.

Garron felt awful but when the bobbys got there he found out the state had already issued a required labotomy for that guy anyway and he was in fact an escaped mental patient. Heralded as a hero and an unofficial state employee Garron was to be brought before the queen to receive tea the very next day. However Eisley ran into some fire golems on the way to Buckingham Palace and we all know how tough it can be to fight fire golems, even if you are a super powered family team. By the time they got the last one tea time was long over and the queen was none too happy with Garron. So they took him to the Ministry of something or other...maybe Secrets? or Mysteries? Those limey wankers change the names around all the time to confuse us, anyway, long story short, band can't talk about it, matter of national security, England's Home Land Security allowed them to finish the tour but Eisley has to clear their baggage through a hardcore screening process before they can leave or re-enter the country.

for god sakes go away!
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:

for god sakes go away!
he's not very good at being a lurker, is he?
norad
Vintage Newbie

McKenzies wrote:
patrock wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:

for god sakes go away!
he's not very good at being a lurker, is he?

nope, not tonight.
he see everything though.
i tell him about stuff that goes on over here and he already knows.
let's call it our dinner conversation.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

I never heard tells of them getting "beered" (is that a word?), in Australia.

As for only going out with bands similar to them...who would that be?
Also, they get chosen by these bands, Brand New, NFG, TBS, to come out with them.
These bands LOVE Eisley! It's a small percentage of their pea brain fans that act out, and cause trouble.
Yes, it is to be expected, but the band is human. Stacy has feelings.
I talked to her tonight, she was still pretty upset about it. I told her she should have just said, "uh...no thank you...I'm still not old enough to drink." and then went on. I think her "sheesh" response probably let the jerk know, that he/she was a jerk.
The TBS guys made it known to thier fans, that they needed to straighten up, but picking up the bottle, and by sitting visibly side stage. That's how a gentleman handles it.
It is true also...Europe's culture is more of a drinking culture. The person could have been drunk, so I hope Stacy bounces back and just tries to forget it.
I will say this, it better not ever happen when I'm out on tour with them, and the day one of them gets hurt by some idiot, and I'm on the tour....there will be no mercy. Charges, and arrests will be made.
I think each venue should have video cameras of the crowd, so that charges can be made against such idiots.
bleh...anyway...tomorrow's another day. Smile

On a positive note...they have been enjoying the beautiful country, and a very greatful for the new fans, and no so new fans that they have been able to meet.
Last edited by Kimbrtones on Sun May 21, 2006 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
I never heard tells of them getting "beered" (is that a word?), in Australia.

As for only going out with bands similar to them...who would that be?
Well, obviously no one really sounds like eisley, but I'm guessing what people mean is bands like Arcade Fire and other indie bands, not so much the hard core like NFG, BN, and TBS.
*shrugs*
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

also, i've know there are a few boardies that think pilotdrift was definitely their best tour mate.
leighish
Vintage Newbie

McKenzies wrote:
also, i've know there are a few boardies that think pilotdrift was definitely their best tour mate.

that was most definitely a great combo. Oh man. they should do that again.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Eisley should tour with Luvbeat.
I know their music is different, but that would be an awesome tour Smile

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Repeating the point...
Eisley gets chosen by these bands to tour with them. Those fans should respect their "pet bands" choice for openers. But, we are talking about humans, and humans can act juvenile, and rude.
Soon...Eisley will design their own tours.
Yes, to Pilotdrift, Midlake, etc.
Last edited by Kimbrtones on Sun May 21, 2006 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Kimbrtones wrote:
Repeating the point...
Eisley gets chosen by these bands to tour with them. Those fans should respect their "pet bands" choice for openers. But, we are talking about humans, and humans can act juvenile, and rude.
Soon...Eisley will design their own tours.
Yes, to Pilotdrift, Midlake, etc.

I think I'd die from joy over a Pilotdrift/Midlake/Eisley bill. But I like Eisley going out with these other bands, too. It forces everyone to reevaluate their boundaries. I think one of the worst things a band (or anyone) can do is to get too closed off to the world around them.

I just hope that jerks keep their beer and other projectiles to theirselves in the future.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Last edited by TheAntrider on Sun May 21, 2006 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Connie
Golly, Poster

These people should just leave during the opening bands if they don't like them and come back for what they really want to see.