Laughing City
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

Polaris wrote:
I feel Weston and Garron are (obviously) kinda overlooked in comparison. :?Makes me a little sad for them, but then again, they're part of Eisley, which is pretty awesome.

The duality and harmony of Stacy and Sherri definitely was part of what drew me to Eisley in the first place. I would not want them to ever break up the band.

don't be too sure!

i hear there used to be a rather significant contingency of girl fans who would go to Eisley live shows thinking, "i come for the meaningful lyrics, but i stay for the rhythm section!"

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Retrovertigo wrote:

The duality of Eisley is probably why I keep listening. I've always felt it, even early on. It's why they're hard to pigeonhole, it sets them apart from other female acts. It keeps me from completely tiring of them, maybe.

This, definitely. It is one reason why I'm willing to buy the entire album from them (multiple versions Wink) as I know it won't be just like listening to the same song 10 times. Plus, they have great vocal interplay. All works in their favor, at least to my ears and tastes.
oc325
Sea Post King

For the longest time since Room Noises I've always preferred Sherri's vocal styles and thought Stacy's were fine. But I'm just blown away by Stacy on The Valley album. It started with the Fire Kites EP when I heard Ambulance and The Valley. Then, I first heard the new album and my instant favorites happen to be written by Stacy. Her voice is just growing on me like mad. Love it!

And yeah, I totally agree about being able to more easily distinguish who wrote what song on this album. I think it's great. I'm really digging both styles and it makes for a really enjoyable album. Yet another album from Eisley where I don't ever feel the need to skip tracks.
Caley
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
Retrovertigo wrote:
The duality of Eisley is probably why I keep listening. I've always felt it, even early on. It's why they're hard to pigeonhole, it sets them apart from other female acts. It keeps me from completely tiring of them, maybe.

The only reason people argue over it on this forum is because barely anyone can say they love one lead without taking a dig at the other.

If you look at their most "popular" or well-known songs it's pretty much split down the middle.

Indeed. The digs at the less-favored member are what strike me as most pointless and silly.

Yeah, I'm actually kind of shocked by some of the remarks a couple people have made. I'm all for people having opinions and preferences, but when they're said as fact and in a harsh way to boot, I can't help but cringe.

I'll just run off and listen to "I Wish" again and nod my head like yeah to both Sherri's and Stacy's vocals.

norad
Vintage Newbie

Caley wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
Retrovertigo wrote:

The only reason people argue over it on this forum is because barely anyone can say they love one lead without taking a dig at the other.

If you look at their most "popular" or well-known songs it's pretty much split down the middle.

Indeed. The digs at the less-favored member are what strike me as most pointless and silly.

Yeah, I'm actually kind of shocked by some of the remarks a couple people have made. I'm all for people having opinions and preferences, but when they're said as fact and in a harsh way to boot, I can't help but cringe.

I'll just run off and listen to "I Wish" again and nod my head like yeah to both Sherri's and Stacy's vocals.

Agree, agree. I think Sherri and Stacy both sound amazing on this album. I can't chose one or the other. Stacy sounds so great on Watch It Die and Sherri sounds especially great on I Wish. I feel like when she sings in the lower range she shines more. Love
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
Caley wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
Retrovertigo wrote:

I feel like when she sings in the lower range she shines more. Love

Agreed. Just because you can sing high, doesn't mean you should.

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

After reading that whole thread and shaking my head a few times, I just want to go on record and say that I absolutely love Eisley. The band. The unit. The family. It's 20-20-20-20-20 for me. Smile
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
norad wrote:
Caley wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
Retrovertigo wrote:

I feel like when she sings in the lower range she shines more. Love

Agreed. Just because you can sing high, doesn't mean you should.

Exactly. To be honest, I love Sherri's voice in the low range, but she pushes high notes so often it drives me crazy. Though she's always been more "pop punk" her vocals are now reminding me of Haley Williams She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Sad would potentially be my favorite song on the album if Sherri's vocals didn't screech so much. Confused

Vintage Newbie

Okay let's settle this once and for all people!

John or Paul Question

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Caley
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:

John or Paul Question

George.

mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

Caley wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

John or Paul Question

George.

Love

Yoko. Twisted Evil

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:

John or Paul Question
John, duh.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

John or Paul Question
John, duh.

you hippie

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

paul was more radio friendly.

john was more introspective.

paul just wanted to play bass and have fun

john wanted to change the world

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ You're selling Paul short, and painting a rosier picture of his temperament that others would suggest, like you know, the drummer and guitarists that didn't always get to play their instruments on his tracks Razz

Both were wicked good.

A vote for George is a Vote for Chauntelle Wink

Hey Jude vs. Imagine: which is the better piano ballad?

Sherri is a big Paul fan, but seems to be the Lennon of Eisley, but looks can be deceiving...

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total