Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Connie,
what are those dancing things? Laughing
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Connie wrote:
These people should just leave during the opening bands if they don't like them and come back for what they really want to see.

I think part of the problem is that people are so obsessed with staying in the front. Like they want to be 10 centimeters closer to the the band, so they get the good front spots way before the band plays. So they're up there for all of the bands. I really don't get it ... but oh well.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Connie
Golly, Poster

Kimbrtones wrote:
Connie,
what are those dancing things? Laughing

Laughing
No idea, but they sure do grab attention.

Vintage Newbie

I don't know how they keep their cool with things like that. I'd think there would be yelling, anger, and a stage-diving melee.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Repeating the point...
Eisley gets chosen by these bands to tour with them. Those fans should respect their "pet bands" choice for openers. But, we are talking about humans, and humans can act juvenile, and rude.

But even so, you have to admit Eisley opening for bands like Brand new/New found glory and Taking back sunday don't really go well together even if you like all of the above bands and thats why so many don't really get into them at these shows.The headlining band shouldn't have to tell their fans to respect the support or sit on the side of the stage keeping an eye out like a teacher watching over naughty students or for example Adam from TBS doing a long speech before the brisbane show.

Kim, just out of curiosity have any good "indie" bands asked eisley to go on tour with them? I was pleased to read that eisley will be designing their own tours from your last post!

Vintage Newbie

I like how you use the phrase "ask them out".
It just reminds me of ... grade seven, and silly boy/girl things.

"Uhhmm, Eisley, Hi... I was just.. well, do you wanna go out with me?"

Laughing
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
the main guy is jealous of Eisley

As things should be.
Fear Eisley.
Be afraid.

...but seriously, that is sad. It does remind me of Jr. High. Except it's on a life altering basis.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Honestly,
I wonder sometimes if "indie" bands may be threatened by Eisley.
Not that I can think of any that should feel that way.
But, I do know of one band, (I won't name it), that the band members really love Eisley, and would love to take them out, but the main guy is jealous of Eisley, so they haven't ever asked.

Anyway, I agree, and so has Eisley, that most of the bands that have asked them out, are not Eisley friendly.
However...we met Chad through one of those experiences, and we're all happy about that. Smile

wow,thats interesting.Thanks for the quick reply Kim,It's good having an "insider" to ask these questions to Laughing

loveisachemical wrote:
I like how you use the phrase "ask them out".
It just reminds me of ... grade seven, and silly boy/girl things.

"Uhhmm, Eisley, Hi... I was just.. well, do you wanna go out with me?"

Laughing

hahaha...so true

it's pronounced "chasdew"

stacy always gets the brunt of projectiles. isn't this her second time to get something thrown at her? I hope they kicked out whoever it was that threw the bottle.
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

if it was me id pick it up myself put it to my mouth...and then say "Next time make sure its full jerk" but i guess that is unstacyesque
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

If the band you've come to see thinks enough of an opener to have them open, why would their fans show such disrespect? Very uncool.
nobody speak.
Sea Post King

Thats really bad. I'm sorry the band had to deal with that. They certainly don't deserve it, I hope Stacy is okay about it soon.

I was just reading a post on livejournal in an Eisley community about a girl getting purposely kicked because she was dancing and having fun to Eisley, which is INSANE. I'm not even sure what to say about those TBS fans.
Joined: 27 Jan 2006 | Posts: 88 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

nobody speak. wrote:
Thats really bad. I'm sorry the band had to deal with that. They certainly don't deserve it, I hope Stacy is okay about it soon.

I was just reading a post on livejournal in an Eisley community about a girl getting purposely kicked because she was dancing and having fun to Eisley, which is INSANE. I'm not even sure what to say about those TBS fans.

In their defense, I wouldn't say this is specific to TBS fans, more to really disrespectful people and disrespectful music fans in general. The people who don't understand personal space (and other things that annoy me about concert crowds), people who are too insecure to enjoy something different, people who are too immature to accept anything new that doesn't match the exact templates they have in their minds. Good stuff like that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I might buy Stacy a gun. She could keep it visable in a holster on her Rhodes so everyone knows "what's up". I'd like to see them try anything then.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

We should get Stacy a PopeMobile unit for tours....teehee