Laughing City
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I just have to ask ... is cussing really that important?

and I'll ask back.Would you rather we did it over here and posted controversial discussions here?

Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
If people want a private forum, more power to them. Seems this is blown out of proportion. They could have just as easily said let's meet at the _________ fill in the blank forum, but instead they started their own. Seems like a good solution to a problem, be the problem perceived or real.

Thankyou Cool

Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
If people want a private forum, more power to them. Seems this is blown out of proportion. They could have just as easily said let's meet at the _________ fill in the blank forum, but instead they started their own. Seems like a good solution to a problem, be the problem perceived or real.

Thankyou Cool

Ditto. If I wasn't an REF member and I heard about it through the LC, my gut reaction would be, "So what?"

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who has suffered because of the existence of the REF.

I must say that doesn't go for me, I'm not sorry at all for being a member over there and if people want to assume the worst of us because of it then I see it as their problem, not ours.

I enjoy the freedom and openness of which we're allowed to speak. Have you guys not noticed that any highly volatile topic thats been brought up lately on laughing city hasn't included the likes of me?

you can thank REF for that.

Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
Saellys wrote:
and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who has suffered because of the existence of the REF.

I must say that doesn't go for me, I'm not sorry at all for being a member over there and if people want to assume the worst of us because of it then I see it as their problem, not ours.

I enjoy the freedom and openness of which we're allowed to speak. Have you guys not noticed that any highly volatile topic thats been brought up lately on laughing city hasn't included the likes of me?

you can thank REF for that.

Not to worry Paul, I didn't apologize on your behalf. Wink

I quite agree that the REF has helped the LC more than most people know. I don't feel an ounce of guilt for creating/hosting/perpetuating it, but I still want to apologize to anyone who has genuinely suffered emotional pain because of it.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I don't think anyone was disagreeing about the idea of the REF.

What Teb... was disagreeing about was how the name seemed to be brandished about everywhere.

Quite a difference.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:

What Teb... was disagreeing about was how the name seemed to be brandished about everywhere.

Quite a difference.

everywhere being about 4 threads? One of which was "what other forums do you post in" Confused

and some are disagreeing with the fact REF even exists because we're getting painted as an elitist bunch of people which we are not

Last edited by homesick_alien on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Quite a difference.

There sure is, and I addressed that in an earlier post. The fact that the name seems to be "brandished" everywhere wouldn't bother anyone if they didn't feel left out. I hoped that my post helped alleviate that perception.

Smokemonster
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:

Quite a difference.

everywhere being about 4 threads? One of which was "what other forums do you post in" Confused

and some are disagreeing with the fact REF even exists because we're getting painted as an elitist bunch of people which we are not

dude, I was simply saying what other people have said. I don't agree that it has been brandished about. I've not felt that there's been elitism. I'm just saying some people have found the amount of times it's been mentioned.

Which isn't many. I've only heard of it here and in two threads.

Now, if was being really silly, I could say that I helped this so-called elitism by starting a "what other forums" thread. However, I could be elitist and say that I'm on the most amount of forums i'm on and therefore I pwn you all.

all i'm doing in this post is pointing to how ridiculous this is.

Agree to disagree.

Ask yourself, "in 5 years time, will the fact that REF actually matter? will it matter in 5 days, 5 hours, 5 minutes? does the fact it exist actually matter to me?"

it exists.

So does the planet (or whatever it is now) Pluto. Does it inhibit my daily existence? no.

So why do some people get caught up in the fact that REF exists?

TheClassicRomance wrote:

blog!
norad
Vintage Newbie

Ewan, you are a cool dude. Respect yo. Wink
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

absolutely agree ewan and I wasn't having a go at you at all

How could I? you have a #1 ticket Wink

Protocol Droid

I'm officially and finally properly bowing out of this "attaboy" party. You can read more from me when Andrew gets to post my thoughts fully on the REF. It DOES matter to some people, and you have to accept that, too.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I can't accept the fact that some people do dispute it exists until I know why they can't accept it does exist.

Does that make sense? it's a messy sentence... Rolling Eyes

TheClassicRomance wrote:

blog!
norad
Vintage Newbie

I can't accept the fact that some people do dispute it exists until I know why they can't accept it does exist.

You're a messy human being. Razz
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:

You're a messy human being. Razz

you haven't even tasted some of my cooking yet.

wait.

was i supposed to retaliate?

EAT SOME OF MY COOKING, yo!

TheClassicRomance wrote:

blog!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>