Laughing City

if you so poor you had to steal food to survive, would you?
yes
48%
 48%  [ 32 ]
no
27%
 27%  [ 18 ]
maybe so
24%
 24%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 66

nevernever
Laughing Citizen

Chexee wrote:
Yes, but I'd probably get caught.

I'm clumsy and not very sneaky, but damnit I'm HUNGRY!

Also,

Quote:

As for athiesm, I don't believe in athiests. By science, athiesm can't exist.

That doesn't make any sense at all to me.

i think I understand what he's saying. he's saying that in order to be an atheist, you don't believe in anything, but that in itself is a belief, so it's a sort of paradox.

I would consider myself an "atheist", but I don't really think of it that way. because of facts that have been presented to me, and because I have so many questions that aren't answered by religion, I have come to find that religion is inconclusive. Yes, I realize there are facets of scientific explanation that are inconclusive as well, however, I think science is much more feasible and ready to change, whereas religion is not, historically.

what I'm trying to say is, I wouldn't say, as an Atheist, I "believe" there is no God. There is no faith in it, for me. I merely have come to my own conclusion that there must not be a God. I can't know there is no God, I just think there isn't.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chexee
Sea Post King

nevernever wrote:
Chexee wrote:
Yes, but I'd probably get caught.

I'm clumsy and not very sneaky, but damnit I'm HUNGRY!

Also,

Quote:

As for athiesm, I don't believe in athiests. By science, athiesm can't exist.

That doesn't make any sense at all to me.

i think I understand what he's saying. he's saying that in order to be an atheist, you don't believe in anything, but that in itself is a belief, so it's a sort of paradox.

I would consider myself an "atheist", but I don't really think of it that way. because of facts that have been presented to me, and because I have so many questions that aren't answered by religion, I have come to find that religion is inconclusive. Yes, I realize there are facets of scientific explanation that are inconclusive as well, however, I think science is much more feasible and ready to change, whereas religion is not, historically.

what I'm trying to say is, I wouldn't say, as an Atheist, I "believe" there is no God. There is no faith in it, for me. I merely have come to my own conclusion that there must not be a God. I can't know there is no God, I just think there isn't.

Atheism rejects a belief in gods, a God, or any sort of higher power, not a belief in nonbelief.

In any case, 'science says' seems like a silly argument. Even science is based on a boatload of assumptions.

Also, I'm pretty much in line with your last paragraph.
Joined: 15 Dec 2007 | Posts: 29 | Location: The United States of Leland
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

Chexee wrote:
Atheism rejects a belief in gods, a God, or any sort of higher power, not a belief in nonbelief.

In any case, 'science says' seems like a silly argument. Even science is based on a boatload of assumptions.

absolutely. you said it better than I could. Smile

PS. haha, your icon is both fitting and hilarious. i love angela.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chexee
Sea Post King

nevernever wrote:
Chexee wrote:

Haha, as do I. BUT I MISS SPRINKLES.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

Chexee wrote:
nevernever wrote:
Chexee wrote:

SPRINKLES WILL LIVE ON. IN OUR HEARTS.
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
Chexee wrote:
nevernever wrote:
Chexee wrote:

i love all of you, especially you chexee because it seems sometimes like i'm the only one who loves angela.

did you hear angela(the actress) got pregnant? that'll be awesome in the show if they ever have to reveal it.

nevernever
Laughing Citizen

jack_stripes wrote:
nevernever wrote:
Chexee wrote:
nevernever wrote:
Chexee wrote:

i love all of you, especially you chexee because it seems sometimes like i'm the only one who loves angela.

did you hear angela(the actress) got pregnant? that'll be awesome in the show if they ever have to reveal it.

seriously?! ohhh man. DRAMA
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

jack_stripes wrote:
nevernever wrote:
Chexee wrote:
nevernever wrote:
Chexee wrote:

Dude, are you kidding? I definitely love Angela; she's my favorite character on the entire show (right in front of Creed).

Vintage Newbie

well, at least among the people i watch it with.

i hate creed. that one time when he stole that money that people donated to him. and everything else he does...he makes me so mad.

Chexee
Sea Post King

jack_stripes wrote:

i hate creed. that one time when he stole that money that people donated to him. and everything else he does...he makes me so mad.

that's the comedy of creed. lol
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

Chexee wrote:
jack_stripes wrote:

that's the comedy of creed. lol

haha, yeah, creed is just so terrible and yet... mysterious. "I've never owned a refridgerator before."
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Why steal from the store, and risk getting caught, when you can nip round to the back of the store and take from their bin. Less likely to get caught*.

I have a friend who does so weekly. It's incredible how much is thrown out. He can fill a 50 litre bag of sandwiches from that shop. And that's leaving at least half of what's left.

*the aforementioned store is back to back with the fire station. One day, the same friend was taking stuff out of hte bin, when someone with a megaphone shouted out "dinner time", at which point he (the friend, the first person i mentioned) turned around and bowed!

Yep, i'd go freegan, and ask whoever i feel it right to ask.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
Why steal from the store, and risk getting caught, when you can nip round to the back of the store and take from their bin. Less likely to get caught*.

I have a friend who does so weekly. It's incredible how much is thrown out. He can fill a 50 litre bag of sandwiches from that shop. And that's leaving at least half of what's left.

*the aforementioned store is back to back with the fire station. One day, the same friend was taking stuff out of hte bin, when someone with a megaphone shouted out "dinner time", at which point he (the friend, the first person i mentioned) turned around and bowed!

totally. we (starbucks) throw away fully-packaged sandwiches and salads. we could feed an entire family every single day.
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:

totally. we (starbucks) throw away fully-packaged sandwiches and salads. we could feed an entire family every single day.

You should talk to your manager(s) about that, and see about getting some sort of donation system in place. One of our shifts worked out something with the higher-ups to have some of our markouts donated to a local food shelter.

Unfortunately, not everyone follows this. Things end up in the trash often.

I try to bring home as much as I can. I am vegan, so I don't eat any of it, but I force it onto my family, friends, whoever wants free food and pastry. What worse than animals being exploited for food is animals being exploited for food that is wasted.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

Paranoid Android v2.0 wrote:
nevernever wrote:

You should talk to your manager(s) about that, and see about getting some sort of donation system in place. One of our shifts worked out something with the higher-ups to have some of our markouts donated to a local food shelter.

Unfortunately, not everyone follows this. Things end up in the trash often.

I try to bring home as much as I can. I am vegan, so I don't eat any of it, but I force it onto my family, friends, whoever wants free food and pastry. What worse than animals being exploited for food is animals being exploited for food that is wasted.

yeah, we donate ours to a needy children fund. however, that's only when people remember/feel like it and by the time the bag of donations gets to the fund.....i just wouldn't touch that food.

but...this isn't a good way to get food to feed yourself because starbucks dumpsters aren't overflowing with food by any means. they're mostly overflowing with boxes and coffee grounds.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>