Laughing City
greatbeyond
Sea Post King

Got home today from last night's show at the Gorge in George, WA. The Sasquatch Festival this year included Eisley, Modest Mouse, The Music, Death Cab for Cutie, Flaming Lips, and Coldplay, in addition to several others.

Eisley performed at 1:30pm and their set was:
Over the Mountains / Mister Pine / new song / I Wasn't Prepared / Laughing City / Tree Tops

They sounded great. Liz Phair and Wayne Coyne of Flaming Lips were backstage watching. I was really excited to see Eisley on stage after reading the tour journals and listening to their music and such. Afterwards, we were just lounging on the grass during Jason Mraz's set and Jon Wilson walks by and we yelled "Hey Eisley, great show." He was a little embarrassed I think.

We were coming back from a water bottle refilling run and suddenly there they were against the fence with Boyd and we couldn't pass this chance, so we went up and I got to shake hands with them all. I talked to Boyd for a bit. He was surprised I had heard of them, so I told him how I did and he asked where I found my "Laughing City" EP and we talked about the tour journal he was writing. He seemed surprised to meet a big fan of the band. And then we got a group picture, taken by Boyd (thank you for doing that by the way). So I had a pretty good day.

For Flaming Lips' set, they were actually introduced before they were ready to go on, so Wayne had to rush to finish setting up the stage and lo and behold, Eisley comes out, each with a guitar in hand and the Lips break out into "Race for the Prize" if I remember right with everyone singing. After the song, Eisley left and Wayne thanked them calling them "The Eisleys." Then the Lips continued on with their most unique performance involving giant (giant!) balloons, glitter, fake blood, smoke machines, megaphones, dancing animals. Their set was great.

And finally, as I know most people on this board are fans, the final band for the day was Coldplay who came out and opened with "Politik" which really really rocks live. Chris Martin was a bouncing ball of energy and they played Spies, God Put a Smile..., Don't Panic, The Scientist, Yellow, One I Love, Moses, Amsterdam, Rush of Blood..., Daylight, Everything Is Not Lost, In My Place, Clocks (the greatest song ever written)--but not in that order.

And here's some of the pictures I took. Clicking the link will likely not work, as Geocities somehow prevents this from happening from a message board. But you can copy/paste it into your address bar and it should get you there. That's the only way I've been able to do it.

www.geocities.com/dannyelfman.geo/Dsc00455.jpg
Stacy, Jon, Sherri do soundcheck

www.geocities.com/dannyelfman.geo/Dsc00456.jpg
The Band (probably doing "Over the Mountains")

www.geocities.com/dannyelfman.geo/Dsc00458.jpg
Chauntelle, my friend Dylan, Stacy, Sherri, Weston, Jon, me (William), my friend Jonathan, and in front is my brother Erich.

www.geocities.com/dannyelfman.geo/Dsc00463.jpg
Eisley onstage with Flaming Lips.

www.geocities.com/dannyelfman.geo/Dsc00466.jpg
Coldplay performing "Yellow"

Well, that was my day. I'm sharing this pictures with the world, so you can use them if you would like to, but only if it's for a good purpose. Cool

William
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

i can't see the pics, dude. i don't think geocities likes direct links like that.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

kris wrote:
i can't see the pics, dude. i don't think geocities likes direct links like that.

You'll have to copy and paste the URL. Stupid Geocities.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

wow.. eisley on stage with the flaming lips during race for the prize. thats so cool. Thanks for the photos too.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, great pictures. That Rhodes sure looks nice on stage. Maybe I'll get to see it in person one of these days.

Thanks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

the rhodes is gorgeous
ptah
Sea Post King

Great pics!!!
thanks for sharing

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
InModWeTrust
Sea Post King

so i've just been an observer on this board for a long time and i dont know why i feel like this should be my debut post... but.. none-the-less...

it's funny... the pic with Eisley onstage with the Lips... i know that Weston is obviously playing by the positioning of his hand... but the way drummerboy is looking at his guitar is like "what the heck am i supposed to do with this???"

anyways... i'm stoked that they shared the same stage. one of the first things i thought when i heard that eisley was signed to Warner Bros. was "wow... they're sharing a label with the flaming lips." i've been thinking for a while that they should do some actual shows together. that would be a great bill.

i'm going to see the lips in ft. worth next month too. woohoo!